What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Coach Sheens feeling the Heat?

Eddie.

Bench
I have seen Coach Tom Shines interviewed a couple of times this week and the man Looks angry?? Fuming with certain questions regarding Marshall, and home ground advantage. The man has been pretty fired up at a couple of press conferences of late regarding officials.

Is this a Sign that Mr Shines is feeling the heat of possibly missing the finals 2 years in a row? Is he ruffled?? Or is this a sign that Coach Sheens is finally cracking the whips out at Concord and his his finals face on? I have cringed on a couple of occasions when i have heard him say "We want to win, they have to win" over the past 6 weeks. Consequently we got flooged in these games and the players looked to be carrying this attitude with them.

In Coach Shines interviews this week I have heard him use words such as Bull...., Garbage, Rubbish. He goes to town on reporters suggesting Marshall might be a liability in defence. You look at the stats and he has conceeded 7 tries in 4 weeks, fair enough to at least ask the question you would think.

Is this a sign that Shines is ruffled?, or is Shines backing his player to the hilt and giving him confidence?

Coach Shines has also slamed people talking about the home ground advantage. Saying he does not expect to beat Souths and its like people talking about having the wind advantage, good for nothing if you dont turn up with your boots on.

Is this a sign that Shines is not confident of beating Souths? or is he trying to steel his players for a big one?

---------------------------------

----------------------

Interesting times ahead. However I have certainly noticed a change in the way Shines is talking. he seems either, angry, ruffled or has steely focus about him.

Obviously I feel slightly sorry for Shines, as he must devise Game plans where you have to score 30 points, with the irreplaceable Royce Simmons in charge of a flagging defensive unit.

Obviously the players are the ones that ultimately have the destiny in their own hands, however Shines must know that these last 2 games are very important as to what sort of questions are asked over the off season. Was 2007 a success or failure?

FirstHitup

Sheens is fine he is just taking a shot at the media for not dropping the subject (Benji) and my beloved bunnies for their trash talking in the media. It's irritating even for us SS fans seeing the same rubbish in the papers. The game will be a cracker.

He should be feeling the heat.
That was garbage on the back of some other garbage efforts this yr
How can he not get a side up for that ?

Who picks the f**king players
Who picks the f**king defensive coach that has a squad of players unable to tackle or wrap a ball up after 4 yrs
Who signs a sh*t parramatta utility to play halfback
Who plays a centre to play 5/8
Shall i f**king go on

There are more and more hopping aboard the shines out bandwagon.
He jagged a comp in 05 but apart from that I have given statistical emprical evidence of his 96 and beyond coaching performances

hybrid_tiger

Coach
gallagher said:
Didn't you think the Sheens coaches side was gonna put 50 on Souths? Its quite easy to talk in hindsight isnt it?

I was more baiting Souffs fans, but I definately was confident. But I suppose offering no prediction at all is better.

Our effort today was disgraceful.

big ern

Juniors
It helps if players can tackle, the Tigers can't and they desperately need some forwards with mongrel, and get rid of Royce.

gallagher

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:
I was more baiting Souffs fans, but I definately was confident. But I suppose offering no prediction at all is better.

Our effort today was disgraceful.

So you were confident that Sheens team was gonna win easily and now you want him sacked.
Surely you gotta lay the blame at the players feet?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
gallagher said:
So you were confident that Sheens team was gonna win easily and now you want him sacked.
Surely you gotta lay the blame at the players feet?

Winning one game changes nothing, we've been average since 2005 (and that was only a few months). Do you agree?

Who have we signed for next year? Who's responsibility is that?

Why don't we have a halfback? Who's responsibility is that?

Surely questions must be asked - you can't sit here and tell me that Sheens shouldn't be under any sort of pressure because he won the comp two f**king years ago.

Don't use logic on this lot hybrid.
Sheens winning the comp in 05 makes him a supercoach
I love their logic.
On that basis the glamour I got out of Jacksons in 1999 would make me a stud even if I hadn't been laid since.
Don Juan De Mulvihill reigns

Bench
hybrid_tiger said:
Winning one game changes nothing, we've been average since 2005 (and that was only a few months). Do you agree?

Surely questions must be asked - you can't sit here and tell me that Sheens shouldn't be under any sort of pressure because he won the comp two f**king years ago.
You are right,we should have consolidated our status as premiers with at least 1 or 2 big signings,instead we have lost better than we got.:?

gallagher

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:

Yeah totally agree with all your points. Results comes down to the head coach. Just a bit q miffed why you thought we'd smash them by 50, you must have had confidence in him as a coach yesterday?

Latest posts