What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Corey oates coming??????

possm

Coach
We have the nucleus of a very good side

The Crush theory is that you don’t need a top class coach to win a premiership.

His theory is not that far fetched.

Had all the stars aligned and our team had remained reasonably healthy we could have reached the last 4 from 7th.

The key is to finish regular season in top 4.

With so many of our top players recovering from injury I expect our team will start slowly so no JJ Giltinan shield in April 2019 for us.
I disagree. Mary miss-managed out squad resulting in the familiar slump in the second half of the season. He has done this for a few years now, so I can't see it being any different in 2019.

The forwards were whipped hard and given no rest even when busted and burnt out. Even the bench rotation was poor. In my opinion, if you want to work your forwards hard, you should have 4 forwards on the bench - cone that can play centre - and give each of them more than 15min a game.

The backs were the big drag on the Dragons success. They were 'OK' when the forwards were dominating but not brilliant however, when the forwards were busted and burnt out, they fell apart and let the team down. In particular the likes of Nightingale, Aitken and Lafai were very poor and Dufty fell into a big hole when it came to defence, taking the high ball and with his positional play.

A good coach will take a good look at each players skill-set and work on their weaknesses all through the season.

A good coach will select on form and keep front of mind the health and fitness of his players.

A good coach could guide this squad to a top 4 position providing we recruit a backup player for Lafai, we select two big fast wingers and recruit an additional first grade prop. I'd say if we had a good first grade coach in charge and made the above changes, we could make the 2019 GF.

BLM01

First Grade
I disagree. Mary miss-managed out squad resulting in the familiar slump in the second half of the season. He has done this for a few years now, so I can't see it being any different in 2019.

The forwards were whipped hard and given no rest even when busted and burnt out. Even the bench rotation was poor. In my opinion, if you want to work your forwards hard, you should have 4 forwards on the bench - cone that can play centre - and give each of them more than 15min a game.

The backs were the big drag on the Dragons success. They were 'OK' when the forwards were dominating but not brilliant however, when the forwards were busted and burnt out, they fell apart and let the team down. In particular the likes of Nightingale, Aitken and Lafai were very poor and Dufty fell into a big hole when it came to defence, taking the high ball and with his positional play.

A good coach will take a good look at each players skill-set and work on their weaknesses all through the season.

A good coach will select on form and keep front of mind the health and fitness of his players.

A good coach could guide this squad to a top 4 position providing we recruit a backup player for Lafai, we select two big fast wingers and recruit an additional first grade prop. I'd say if we had a good first grade coach in charge and made the above changes, we could make the 2019 GF.
I agree with the entireity of your post for once Poss :p
But the quote on the money
"A good coach will take a good look at each players skill-set and work on their weaknesses all through the season".
I would add to that slightly by saying identifying individual drop in performance and nipping it in the bud and not just be satisfied that we won, especially glossing over and being more realistic with how the result came about or make up of those ugly wins.

The calm one

Juniors

No coach is coming here

Belta

Juniors
Because the regular rumours don’t get any traction..

Like Ken Sio to replace Nene.

Because we want the best. Most supporters are excited by the prospect of acquiring great wingers. Images of spectacular tries. It’s clear that wingers are playing more of a role in teams, so (as silly as it sounds) many supporters live in hope that any wing replacements are actually upgrades. But most of us believe we will end up with a lesser credentialed player and hope they rise up. It may well be a Pierra, Pearson, Ravalawa or even a Sio or Ross Dog etc. that takes the opportunity and runs with it

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
As confirmed by Fox Sports tonight, Oates is NOT coming.

Instead of an established winger, SGI have signed a couple of untried, reserve grade players. That’s the extent of the club’s backline recruitment. Deal with it.

Take a bow Millward and co.

The calm one

Juniors

Instead of an established winger, SGI have signed a couple of untried, reserve grade players. That’s the extent of the club’s backline recruitment. Deal with it.

No one is coming here

BLM01

First Grade
It is all falling into place for the Broncos. Siebold will be there and of course Corey stays and sacrifices more than $200,000. Wouldnt you?..just ask Lockyer

“He will stay at the Broncos,” Lockyer said. In the short term Corey will have to take a lot less money than he could have got elsewhere but I think he was thinking long-term. (backended deal?) Corey sees that he is at a good club with good systems and a good support network (translation - TV & NRL darls) and opportunities off the field. (translated 3rd party cash deals)
That’s a good sign of Corey’s maturity, to know he has made a sacrifice from a financial perspective,(yeh okay Darren as you did) but in the long term, it’s a smart decision.” (couple of business ownerships and real estate coming his way)

But good luck to him at 23, seems like he has been around for ages. I wish the Dragons snared him at the right price but we just dont have enough to offer. Good attacking winger.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Nailed it.

Unless he switches Lomax and Aitken, which is probably the only other possibility.

No, I really believe Aitken’s main strength (i.e. strong ball running) will see him start on the wing next year. There’s also the “benefit” of having to make less defensive decisions.

Not saying this is the right option, only what I reckon McGregor will do.

possm

Coach

These 3 players purchased with salary gained from the departure of 3 ISP players. Weill still have salary cap gained from the departure of Macdonald, Nightingale and possibly Mann.

Millward is out of his depth. The results will be there for all to see.