What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Corey oates coming??????

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
These 3 players purchased with salary gained from the departure of 3 ISP players. Weill still have salary cap gained from the departure of Macdonald, Nightingale and possibly Mann.

Millward is out of his depth. The results will be there for all to see.

From what I can see we have lots of funds available and we have signed players for NSW CUP only. Their are teams that have Salary cap issues and will need to purge players, however when your in that position, you don't get to pick how you get rid of. Teams with funds available will have the upper hand.

Possm just hold your horse. Watch the panic start from some of these clubs between now and Christmas.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
These 3 players purchased with salary gained from the departure of 3 ISP players. Weill still have salary cap gained from the departure of Macdonald, Nightingale and possibly Mann.

Millward is out of his depth. The results will be there for all to see.

The results are already here.

possm

Coach
When is Oates coming?
When the Beatles reunite.

We still have at leat 2 players to add to our first grade roster, a prop and a fullback. If Mann moves on there will be a vacancy for a left winger/centre.

Whether Millward has what it takes to get Oates, Hayne or any other first grade player remains to be seen. I'd say if Millward was charged to recruit a new head coach, he most certainly would not hire Mary, he would most likely hire himself and plead the case for recruitment/pathways to come under the head coach.

The Beatles will reunite when Paul and Ringo join John and George on the other side of the golden gates.

Crush

Coach
We still have at leat 2 players to add to our first grade roster, a prop and a fullback. If Mann moves on there will be a vacancy for a left winger/centre.

Whether Millward has what it takes to get Oates, Hayne or any other first grade player remains to be seen. I'd say if Millward was charged to recruit a new head coach, he most certainly would not hire Mary, he would most likely hire himself and plead the case for recruitment/pathways to come under the head coach.

The Beatles will reunite when Paul and Ringo join John and George on the other side of the golden gates.
We already have a fullback, his name is Matt Dufty

Carlton

Juniors
We need an established 1st grade fullback, not a work in progress... 1st grade is not a place to work on your deficiencies

in January Dufty is 23, he is not a young player. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak will be 23 and has been playing first grade for years, Jamayne Isaako 22, Jesse Ramien 21, Kalyn Ponga 20 played SOO, Valentine Holmes 23 played for Australia, Nick Cotric 19, Campbell Graham 19 just to pick out a few.

Everyone of the players mentioned above has a physically more complete game than Dufty.

Crush

Coach
We need an established 1st grade fullback, not a work in progress... 1st grade is not a place to work on your deficiencies
I don't remember the fans calling for Dugan to be replaced with his deficiencies? Couldn't pass, couldn't link, wasn't fast......

in January Dufty is 23, he is not a young player. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak will be 23 and has been playing first grade for years, Jamayne Isaako 22, Jesse Ramien 21, Kalyn Ponga 20 played SOO, Valentine Holmes 23 played for Australia, Nick Cotric 19, Campbell Graham 19 just to pick out a few.

Everyone of the players mentioned above has a physically more complete game than Dufty.

It is true that Dufty will be 23 soon, however he really only got his chance to play FG in 2018.

Fact is our junior development system and Mary are to blame for geniusing many possible FG prospects.

If they are good enough they are old enough.

If they are not good enough they should not be considered for selection.

Dufty has the chance in the pre-season to bulk up and improve his defence. The ball is in his court.

Personally I hope he takes his opportunity with 2 hands.

Hayne is a short term band aid solution only.

Carlton

Juniors
I don't remember the fans calling for Dugan to be replaced with his deficiencies? Couldn't pass, couldn't link, wasn't fast......

I dont understand what Dugan, who plays for the sharks, has to do with our current fullback Dufty. If you want to look at the past why don't you go all the way back to Steve Funnell playing fullback. In short its irrelevant to our current squad.

Carlton

Juniors
It is true that Dufty will be 23 soon, however he really only got his chance to play FG in 2018.

Fact is our junior development system and Mary are to blame for geniusing many possible FG prospects.

If they are good enough they are old enough.

If they are not good enough they should not be considered for selection.

Dufty has the chance in the pre-season to bulk up and improve his defence. The ball is in his court.

Personally I hope he takes his opportunity with 2 hands.

Hayne is a short term band aid solution only.

I agree Hayne would be a band aid solution but unfortunately at this stage we need a band aid. We should have looked for a fullback over 12 months ago, this is why we are in this situation now. Dufty should have been given a run in first grade instead of playing nightingale at fullback and an objective assessment could and should have been made then.

TruSaint

Referee
Corey Oates is set to agree to a cut-price deal to remain with the Broncos
BRONCOS

5883a580f8393e23f8a9397ed990c970

Corey Oates has reportedly signed with the Broncos.Source: AAP
BRONCOS winger Corey Oates has reportedly sacrificed up to $200,000 a season to commit to Brisbane.

The Courier Mail is reporting the 23-year-old has shunned offers of up to $600,000 from Newcastle, St George Illawarra and North Queensland to remain with the Broncos, despite previously stating he would leave the club if Wayne Bennett did.

However, Oates’ manager George Mimis has told The Courier Mail his contract was in the final stages of completion with the Broncos and is expected to be confirmed before November 1.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/9f24f20663808a0ae95b1511b8269014

Latest posts