What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Darius Boyd at Dragons yet?

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
untitled-1.jpg
he was last spotted jet skiing the Bahamas:lol:

saint-colesy

Juniors
I can honestly say ive never laughed at one of your jokes.

But yes, Darius and the other world cup playing players joined the team earlier this month.

dubopov

Coach
Allegations ?? The alledging is over and done with. No charges .. Distasteful perhaps, illegal no ..

dragonfire

Bench
isnt the way we want it, the offseason to travel quietly and under the radar so to speak? well thats how i see Bennett wanting it, someone asked me at work the other day who they should put money on for the 09 premiership and i said dragons, i honestly think this year is going to be big

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
Whats that got to do with the price of fish?

That one just zoooooomed over your head didnt it?
nah mate your just a dickhead, some of us are here to have fun if you dont like it! dont put others down and dont open you mouth and carry on like a dickhead.
its what your good at aint it

Last edited:

Godz Illa

Coach
Great expectations don't bother Darius

BY TIM BARROW
9/01/2009 4:00:00 AM
Star St George Illawarra recruit Darius Boyd certainly isn't feeling any sense of expectation to be the next Mark Gasnier.

In fact, despite playing for Queensland and Australia last year, Boyd doesn't believe he's a walk-up start into the Dragons line-up this season, let alone filling the shoes of the former captain.

On a coolish, overcast day at Wollongong's City Beach yesterday, the Gold Coast boy who burst onto the NRL scene with Brisbane last season said he was expecting some hot competition for a place in the backline.

"There's a lot of good first graders and there's a lot of depth in the backs," Boyd said.

"Making the team is going to be more important than what position I play."

Boyd was touted as the next big thing at the Dragons after being lured from the Broncos by new coach Wayne Bennett just weeks after Gasnier announced he was leaving to play French rugby union.

The hope was that Boyd could be the natural fit for the fleet-footed international centre on whom the Dragons relied on so much for attacking potency.

"I'm pretty happy just as long as I'm playing first grade really," Boyd said.

"I'd like to play centre or fullback I suppose, but at the same time I'm happy to play wing as well."

Wherever Boyd fits into the team, the Dragons are hoping he repeats his stunning form from last year where he replaced Justin Hodges in Origin II and III and played for Australia against Papua New Guinea during the World Cup.

"I probably had a bit of luck with a few injuries, but also I'd like to think I trained pretty hard and things also happen for a reason."

Having grown up on the Gold Coast before his debut for the Broncos in 2006, Boyd said he was comfortable with Wollongong's coastal lifestyle.

It was part of the reason why Boyd decided against taking up a big-money offer from the Bulldogs to follow Bennett to the Dragons.

"I considered (going to the Bulldogs)," he said.

"But just being down near the beach, I'm from the Gold Coast, so it's kind of the same.
"And with Wayne down here too it had an influence on my decision, so there probably was never any other option."

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...-expectations-dont-bother-darius/1402819.aspx

427753.jpg

Godz Illa

Coach
Boyd decided against taking up a big-money offer from the Bulldogs to follow Bennett to the Dragons.
What was the name of that trolling Dogs douche who tried, amusingly, to convince us the Dragons tripled or quadrupled or quintupled Canterbury's offer for Boyd?