What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Graham the slowest winger of all time??

WA Eel

Juniors
Just for the record, Ashley Graham is NOT the slowest winger of all time - I believe that honour would have to go to Brett Plowman!

di luvs parra

Juniors
MystikEel said:
he was actually limping on his injured leg for a while in the 2nd half, if I remember rightly... but for his 2nd game back, he didn't do too bad!!

Yeah he was limping, probably from the leg strain that Alex mentioned.

He played ok considering what he has been through and will only get better !

bartman

Immortal
He may not be fit, but he's probably the best option we've got! In a perfect world you'd have injured players come back through extended periods in PL, but our world has not been perfect. It sounds like he did alright this weekend, so good luck to him. :clap:

I don't think he'll be first dropped for Grothe's return, and hopefully Ash will continue his recovery and improve over the coming weeks.

Suitman

Post Whore
bartman said:
He may not be fit, but he's probably the best option we've got! In a perfect world you'd have injured players come back through extended periods in PL, but our world has not been perfect. It sounds like he did alright this weekend, so good luck to him. :clap:

I don't think he'll be first dropped for Grothe's return, and hopefully Ash will continue his recovery and improve over the coming weeks.

Agreed Bartman,

But I also agree he is slow, and I thought that last year BEFORE he had his injury.

Suity

Parraren

Bench
...according to Smithy, Graham is only running at 66% of his full pace.

I didn't think he looked slow at all last year. He scored a number of good tries playing on the wing and at fullback last year. I think some of you guys are underestimating what 9 leg operations can do to a bloke's natural speed. It will take him 12 months to get that speed back completely.

Suitman

Post Whore
Parraren said:
...according to Smithy, Graham is only running at 66% of his full pace.

I didn't think he looked slow at all last year. He scored a number of good tries playing on the wing and at fullback last year. I think some of you guys are underestimating what 9 leg operations can do to a bloke's natural speed. It will take him 12 months to get that speed back completely.

Yeh, that is if he doesn't have a 10th.

Suity

bradeel

Juniors
Just a few reminders in case you think a good winger is about speed alone:

Shane Whereat
Darren Clarke
Lee Oudenryan

noted speedsters. Not great rugby league wingers...

damo72

Juniors
Eion Crossan would be up there and Hopoate is not the quickest either but Ashleys pace will return in time some of the best wingers have never had electrifying pace, Sailor, McDougall, Grothe but I think Graham should be back in the centres with Burt to the wing for this week

damo72

Juniors
Saved me re typing that, what I did say though was electrfying speed which to me means speed off the mark even Grothe jr takes a little while to get going

parralight

Juniors
Would have loved to see what Grothe or even Anderson would have done when put into the clear like that ... The game would have been over right there - under the post!!!!!

Hurriflatch

Referee
Smith even kinda said that he was hoping that the intercept would have been taken by Burty or Grothe (if he was playing)

also as Said Graham is only at 3/4 pace right now. Fully fit he is a fair bit quicker sure he isn't a Donald, Burt or Guru but he has more then enough speed for a ventre/wing/fullback

Parraren

Bench
Hurri, infact Smith said Graham was 2/3 (66%) his top speed which is even worse than 3/4 (75%)!!!

Latest posts