What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is he sinking the ship?????

Cooper-Man

Bench
Brownie is still one of the boys to most of the players, which is a good thing but conflicts with his role as the coach hence the need for change. The team are not getting the basic skills right and Brownie can't do it for them. You can only lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. Bennett will be the boss next year and hopefully we will see results. Brown can't be crucified for players actions once they hit the field.

If the players are not getting the basics right under brown, what says they will get it right under bennett.

And if they do get it right under bennett, are we then right to say that YES, it was browns fault as HEAD COACH. I believe that if the players get it right under bennett brown will be crucified for many years to come. I guess only time will tell.

Ribs

Bench
I think besides the Rooters and the Storm, no team is playing with any consistency and the Storm are only just getting their sh*t together.

Our halves arent playing sharp at all. Not even close and as has been mentioned, our forwards arent running good angles. Our timing is poor and our confidence is terrible at the moment but things can still click for us. Its what we do the week after we get it right that will let us know how we are going.

It would be hard work running holes outside Soward and Chase at the moment though, they seem to be making it up as they go. No structure at all and when we do look to go wide the passes have been poor.

The players are no doubt frustrated..... just look at Ryles. He's going nuts out there.

Slackboy72

Coach
It's the same problems as last week. Forwards struggling to give us a roll on. No leadership. Poor defensive organisation. Face facts. If Josh Morris doesn't leave that yawning chasm for the dummy half and the referee and video ref had of read the rules then we would have won that game.

Cooper-Man

Bench
I would like to see brett given a run to try and redeem himself. I think Josh needs a reality check. Maybe give lett a run.

Dave Q

Coach
f**k off back down your rabbit hole, you bleedin' heart blow rag.

I have read the rubbish that Dave Q(ueer) spouts about his own sub-standard team with the "stand tall" and "fart loud, positively.. " crap that he blows.

He is a sh!t talker. That's fine for him and the "Bunnies". While He and his loser Bunny mates were planning protest marches with celebrities that no one likes i.e: Ray "f**kwt" Martin and Marty "not funny" Robbins, Saints were busy losing Grand Finals. Yeah, We lost 'em but we there.

It's hurts to talk about them. It hurts to talk of them but we do, because we know that even though we have lost many (5 in my life time) There will be many more premiershios to come.

This "Rabbit" should worry about his own puss-filled warren.

The skull of LU, the on-line equivalent of an itchy scrote!

Dave Q

Coach
Q: Why is Bennett scouring the league for new players to bring with him?

A: Because he knows some of the current ones are deaf.

Brown can be helped lon term by an early tap on the shoulder.

Embarrassing?....glass houses Preach!

Drew-Sta

Staff member
It's the same problems as last week. Forwards struggling to give us a roll on. No leadership. Poor defensive organisation. Face facts. If Josh Morris doesn't leave that yawning chasm for the dummy half and the referee and video ref had of read the rules then we would have won that game.

You're kidding yourself if you feel the only reason we lost was Josh Morris and the ref's.

The fact we had a FB in at dummy half, the best centre in the game at FB and defending on the wing, forwards not running hard, players not going forward, basics such as running at at gaps not being completed, a distinct lack of heart and effort being put in, markers not defending on our own line and the only attacking play being our often wayward kicking game were bigger problems than the ref or Josh Morris.

Despite fan conviction, Beau Scotts defensive effort was better than most of the other players, and his effort was there. He had a bad night that was further enhanced by publicised ball possession that simply made a poor team performance worse.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Q: Why is Bennett scouring the league for new players to bring with him?

A: Because he knows some of the current ones are deaf.

I disagree, because if that was the case the game plan wouldn't change from week to week. As it stands Saints are doing something new every week - It just isn't working because it is a poorly constructed game plan that is a knee-jerk reaction from a coach that simply does not know how to get his players and team back on track.

The illusion that players aren't listening is because after 30 or 40 minutes of a game, Saints are resorting to old game plans as they flick the one now working, and errors creep into the game as they slide further behind the 8 ball.

Dave Q

Coach
I disagree, because if that was the case the game plan wouldn't change from week to week. As it stands Saints are doing something new every week - It just isn't working because it is a poorly constructed game plan that is a knee-jerk reaction from a coach that simply does not know how to get his players and team back on track.

The illusion that players aren't listening is because after 30 or 40 minutes of a game, Saints are resorting to old game plans as they flick the one now working, and errors creep into the game as they slide further behind the 8 ball.

My commentry was founded on what Gaz said a few weeks ago. He said they werent listening, so I took his word for it.

It may have been media-speak, I am open to that suggestion, sure.

But Bennett is looking for fresh talent nonetheless.

Brown has to go, yes I agree, in fact I want him gone yesterday, but theres ways and means of going about it.

No need to break his heart (any further!).

If the same players perform under Bennett we will know how good or bad Browny is....but thats not likely to happen.

Comparisons will be made but Im not sure that they will be entirely accurate.

gorilla

First Grade
Just wonderig what everyones opinion is on this topic.

I think brown is filthy about not getting resigned and wants to sink the place before he leaves.

To be honest, I dont think its the players fault anymore. I think he is miss coaching them intentionally. I think he wants to leave the team in a bad way so bennett has a hard time when he comes in.

That's close to the dumbest thing I've heard for a loong time. It's one thing to seek opinion, but another to state you actually believe such delusion.

He might be inept, he might be a poor coach, he might have a team that has mental and emotional problems, but if you want to peddle this, I suggest you go straight to the coach, himself, and say it to him.

Dave Q

Coach
That's close to the dumbest thing I've heard for a loong time. It's one thing to seek opinion, but another to state you actually believe such delusion.

He might be inept, he might be a poor coach, he might have a team that has mental and emotional problems, but if you want to peddle this, I suggest you go straight to the coach, himself, and say it to him.

Its bizarre, manic or both.

The Preacher

First Grade
Embarrassing?....glass houses Preach!

Read my post again Dave, now read it again, I said being a Saints fan at the moment IS EMBARRASSING.

Now write it 100 times before sunrise..... if ya don't.....I'll cut ya balls off.:shock:

Dave Q

Coach
Read my post again Dave, now read it again, I said being a Saints fan at the moment IS EMBARRASSING.

Now write it 100 times before sunrise..... if ya don't.....I'll cut ya balls off.:shock:

Preach.

Im a Souths fan, I cant throw the rocks as I live in a glass house!

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
I AM SURE NATHAN BROWN IS A COACH WHO HAS THE BEST INTEREST OF THE DRAGONS AT HEART, HE IS A LOYAL DRAGON. HE WILL BECOME A WINNER!!!
MARK MY WORDS.;-);-);-)

Jodeci

Bench
The problem is the Assistant Coach.

He is the one who is suppose to be doing the following:
- Develop Player Skills
- Strategies
- Looking at opportunities regarding new structures/game plans
- Performance Indicators

Is Kurt Wrigley doing any of this?

I dont think so..

Brown is pretty much organising and doing all the above as well as his job as well whilst every great coach as a great assistant.

Sheens - Royce (Won a GF, Representative)
Bellamy - Kearney (Won GF, NZ Rep)
Broncos - Henjak/John Monie

Their assistants have either won a GF or played Rep Footy, Kurt was lucky to even play first grade in my opinion.