What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is he sinking the ship?????

Mr Red

First Grade
have you been watching the team for the last 3 or 4 seasons? this is what Brown has been doing for years...
- playing guys out of position
- there has been a discipline problem since day 1 of Brown coming on board as coach

this is why Brown is out the door next season - his inability to resolve issues. so no he isnt out to "sink the club" he is just doing what he has been doing all along, and he has been clearly out of his depth as a first grade coach. its not his fault though - its the board members who hired him and persisted with him for so long...

Cooper-Man

Bench
That's close to the dumbest thing I've heard for a loong time. It's one thing to seek opinion, but another to state you actually believe such delusion.

He might be inept, he might be a poor coach, he might have a team that has mental and emotional problems, but if you want to peddle this, I suggest you go straight to the coach, himself, and say it to him.

Mate, like I said. I guess frustration is causing me to seek answers. Maybe he is as passionate us the next fellow. But it certainly isnt working. As for telling him direct. Do you think i would not do it if deep down i believed it to be true. What would be the big deal anyway.

Jodeci

Bench
have you been watching the team for the last 3 or 4 seasons? this is what Brown has been doing for years...
- playing guys out of position
- there has been a discipline problem since day 1 of Brown coming on board as coach

this is why Brown is out the door next season - his inability to resolve issues. so no he isnt out to "sink the club" he is just doing what he has been doing all along, and he has been clearly out of his depth as a first grade coach. its not his fault though - its the board members who hired him and persisted with him for so long...

I'm a season ticket holder at both ANZ and WIN. Yes I have seen them play. In 2005 when the Dragons were one game from the Grand Final, everyone was loving Brown because of the style they were playing.

All of a sudden with a wealth of talent gone, he seems to be getting the blame when guys like Hornby, Ryles, Cooper have not had a decent run of form since 2005.

Doust is in charge of retention of players not Brown.

I think Brown's problem is he complicates things too much. They look like a very confused football team and when things get a bit tough for them they throw away the book.

Totally agree!

With players in your team like Gasnier, Ryles and Beau Scott who have a collective IQ of 10 you can't complicate things too much.

At this stage just tell them to run straight and catch.
One catch per play the ball.
If you master that after a season you can step it up to 2 every second game the following year.

The Preacher

First Grade
Totally agree!

With players in your team like Gasnier, Ryles and Beau Scott who have a collective IQ of 10 you can't complicate things too much.

At this stage just tell them to run straight and catch.
One catch per play the ball.
If you master that after a season you can step it up to 2 every second game the following year.

:lol: :lol: That's very good.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
My commentry was founded on what Gaz said a few weeks ago. He said they werent listening, so I took his word for it.

It may have been media-speak, I am open to that suggestion, sure.

But Bennett is looking for fresh talent nonetheless.

Brown has to go, yes I agree, in fact I want him gone yesterday, but theres ways and means of going about it.

No need to break his heart (any further!).

If the same players perform under Bennett we will know how good or bad Browny is....but thats not likely to happen.

Comparisons will be made but Im not sure that they will be entirely accurate.

I wouldn't disagree that the players are also not listening, but then again what is Brown telling them to do?

Does Ben Hornby want to listen to Brown telling him to play at hooker? Does Gasnier want to listen to Brown tell him to play this, that and the other position? Does Jason Ryles want to be told to stop passing the ball?

Etc etc etc. You do make a good call - If the same players perform under Bennett, then it's conclusive that Brown was the problem. If the same players are dropped after a few weeks under Bennett, we'll know just how much of an illusion we were living under for the past 5 years.

The Kurt Wrigley factor is an interesting one too. Why we employed an assistant coach that as a player could barely make 1st grade, let alone play consistently in reserves, is beyond me. I would not be surprised if he is at the very least 50% of the problem.