What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Hegarty the worst player in the NRL?

Penance

Juniors
As Mr Saab said, "Jesus Hates Hegarty"

Do you have any idea how many tries he lets in from him coming out of the line? Unbelieveable

Mr Saab

Referee
He is avg.
How the f**k Ikin proposed he should play on the wing for QLD is laughable.
How he makes souths 1st grade team every week is baffling

pantherz9103

First Grade
Hegarty used to be a gun back in 2003 and he was among the Roosters best in the 2003 GF loss to Penrith. Since he's joined Souths he seems to have headed in the same direction.. South!

D

Deleted member 10972

Back in 2003, Hegs was a machine. NSW would set it up so they would NOT kick the ball to him, because his kick returns were devastating & his strength was insane. 2000-2003 was his golden years. Hodges was in his prime at Roosters 2002-2003 before he got injured too, very strong. However, both were injured & when they returned mid season in 2004, both looked about 5-10 kgs overweight, neither could catch the ball. I remember Parra scoring 3 tries in 10 mins from bombing Hegs, & who could forget Tonga SCHOOLING Hodges in that fateful Friday game.

Good to see Hodges playing well again, the Sydney life didn't do the kid any good, Hegs just wasn't up to it anymore. He was always a intense player, after an extended period out of FG, he found it very hard to find his feet again, couldn't find the same intensity he had before, & has been below-par ever since.

kooriguy

Juniors
no he is not.. does not come close to the merkin below.

20_minto.jpg

DeeGan

Bench
Ok, so ... Shannon Heggarty "baffles" some in making first grade each week and is apparently close to the being the worst player in the NRL competition ... riiiiiigght ... so ... for arguments sake, let's say there are 400 players in the NRL competition (16 teams x top 25 players for each squad), some here are putting him what in the bottom 10? Bottom 20? Bottom 30? What?

Each to their own, we are all our own "experts" in rugby league on this forum.

No, he shouldn't be mentioned for Origin though he is far from being the worst this competition offers, the same competition some say is weaker than in recent seasons ;)

Dave Q

Coach
He hasnt had much ball or air over the last few years and it was hoped that he would find his devastating form this year thanks to the new forwards.

Certainly he played Ok in the first few games (after the shield).

Its easy to blame one player for the whole team's misfortunes but JT is not dumb enough to select him if he doesnt think he's the business.

I feel a bit sorry for him in the last few games where he has played pretty poorly but at his core he is a good player and should be out there.

He takes his mistakes hard, he trains well, is explosive off the mark, has good ball skills, satisfactory defender (prone to a few errors of judgment) can kick but always tries his guts out.

Nowhere near the worst player but nowhere near the best right now.

And not wholly out of place in maroon-maybe a bench possie or a double figure squad member.

imasharkie

Coach
I wouldn't say Hegarty is the worst player in NRL 1st grade but I do believe he should be demoted to PL because of his brain explosion on the last tackle last week which cost Souths the win and some of his decisions he made in the last game against Canberra.

Tate takes the cake as the worst because of his decisions to never pass the ball.

HevyDevy

Coach
Well I was obviously exaggerating when I said he was the worst player in the NRL, but let's face it. He's sh*t.

The fact that he doesn't enjoy making mistakes doesn't make him Robinson Crusoe.

However, he is a slug, never threatens with the ball, often kills a play and is basically as exciting to watch as my big toe - which is the most boring of all my toes.

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
He is avg.
How the f**k Ikin proposed he should play on the wing for QLD is laughable.
How he makes souths 1st grade team every week is baffling

I don't know about the rest of you but i am really starting to dislike Ben Ikin.

Probably a great bloke, but seems a bit of a f**ken know it all at the moment, maybe it's the four eyes, i don't know, but i find myself walking away from the box when he opens his gibbering mouth.

Latest posts