What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Issac Luke..

ozbash

Referee
The best hooker in the world, right now ?

Who saw Bunnies v Mutts last night, he made Ennis look like a tool.

Just hope he stays injury free and out of judicial trouble till the ANZAC.

Him and Benji will carve them up..

Still think he is a little behind Cameron Smith imo. Playing 80 minutes has been a revelation for him and he is certainly as good a play maker as Smith, but I think the fact that Smith also has a very good kicking game, gives him the edge over Isaac atm.

He is certainly loving playing 80 minutes behind a monster forward pack though.

Martli

Coach
Plus Smith has been consistently awesome for years, while Luke is still coming in to his own.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
I loved watching Bully carve that goose Ennis up all night last night.

I think Luke has been a stand out in all Bunnies games this year, like Oz says, hope he stays injury free and out of trouble for the ANZAC test.

Anyone notice the clenched fist salute after scoring his try, salute to his peeps down in the Naki? ;-)

Drzoidberg

Juniors
I wouldnt say he's the best just because he got 1 over Ennis (gee werent the dogs crap hopefully they carry it on!). If he could dominate consistently as Smith does then he may be considered as the best.

playdaball

Bench
To be fair Luke would have to be one of the Kiwis best hookers in the modern RL era (or potentially):

Tamati
Wallace
Harvey
Mann
Eru
Paul
Swain

MKEB...

Staff member
To be fair Luke would have to be one of the Kiwis best hookers in the modern RL era (or potentially):

Tamati
Wallace
Harvey
Mann
Eru
Paul
Swain

The question is though, can he surpass Roy Christian? I agree he is the best Kiwi rake in years though, Better than any of those mentioned except perhaps Paul on his day.

Rich102

Staff member
The question is though, can he surpass Roy Christian? I agree he is the best Kiwi rake in years though, Better than any of those mentioned except perhaps Paul on his day.

How does Roy Christian come into it?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Jeez us kiwis can get carried away on the back of a couple of performances !!

He is right up there at the moment, but needs to show consistency before he can be considered right among the top bracket. 3 weeks ago he missed 12 tackles in a match

Micistm

Bench
Dunno about best, but good. I like his utter cheekiness too, especially when in a Kiwi jersey...and no one does the Haka better!
Loved it when he was stitched up last year for the ANZAC test, coming out of the judiciary there was no diplomatic answer from the young guy, 'This is bullsh*t!' was the quote.
Gotta love 'em!

I'd like to think Issac Luke is the best hooker in the world.

Issac is the best hooker in the NRL in 2010 based on his performance in the first 4 rounds IMO anyway.....absolute standout running brilliantly from dummy-half, but behind a very big pack that allows him free movement on the front-foot.

Kicking better than ever before and definitely full of confidence with ball-in-hand. The difference is a strong tactical coach in Johnny Lang willing to give him 80 mins on the track instead of stinging his ass with bench splinters.

shiznit

Coach
The way Heremaia is going for the Warriors and Hohaia's ability to cover the same position weve got a bit of depth in the position.

playdaball

Bench
My bad, right era (error) wrong player...Colin O'neill :eek:

I stated modern era.

The hooker role has changed alot over the years. A guy like Alan Rushton wouldn't even get a run these days as he was the old tough as teak hooker who used to hook for the ball at scrums.

Talanexor

Juniors
The way Heremaia is going for the Warriors and Hohaia's ability to cover the same position weve got a bit of depth in the position.

Great to see. The Kiwis have lacked depth in the key plamaking positions since the year dot.

BUT - Hohaia needs to stay fullback IMO.

Latest posts