What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Jarryd Hayne really an awful footballer or is he...

mb9210

Juniors
like alot of others have said, he is a great player, some of the plays he has pulled off have been insane.
i think he just needs to find the right headspace.

POPEYE

Coach
He has as much ability with a ball as he has the ability to generate a thread.

Unfortunately he overestimates the psychic capacity of his team mates, who are not at fault when most of what he does is ad-lib

nohope

Juniors
Great footballer who I think will have a much better year next year with the likes of Sandow and Roberts playing.

Billythekid

First Grade
He is a fantastic player who is going to make some people look stupid next year. I might insult him sometimes as a troll (and i do think his defense needs to improve) but he is a great player.

Just on the topic of try assists i hate how this is being used as a metric of how good a player is. There have been heaps of articles talking about how good Lockyer is for example just looking at try assists (of course none mention that he barely creates any line breaks).

Line break assists are a much more telling stat IMO and really shows the good ball players from the bad. Unlike try assists you can't just get them from something like chipping to your winger.

Thurston as always dominates this stat and it's no surprise as he is by far the best play maker in the game. Benji and Hayne come next. For Hayne to have done that well with the players surrounding him is nothing short of incredible.

Latest posts