What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Kev gone?

I feel like some producers must have a twisted sense of humour. Gordy was a fantastic player but as a human he’s very….unsmart. Something happens and he just spirals into a diatribe about how it bad without being able to formulate any articulate thought about it. It’s almost uncomfortable to watch at this stage, after almost 2 decades in media he is still out there every single night like a deer in headlights completely out of his depth.

His whole argument about this is basically Kevie is my friend and he got the arse so I am mad.

Billythekid

First Grade
I rate Madge and think he’s a good pickup and for sure a step above Kev. I still feel it’s a little harsh how this all played out. Kev got the broncos within inches of winning a GF against the greatest NRL team ever and only missed out because of a massive capitulation which you can hardly blame on him. 12 months later and he is shown the door. Pretty crazy.

some11

Referee
Agree… I said ages ago that McGuire is the sort of coach the Broncos need, but…… I don’t see egos in that team buying in. I reckon he’ll struggle to get respect from certain players unless he can get in a couple of ‘winners’. He could really do with a couple of Dale Finucane/Cam McInnes type players who will live, train and play at the highest level of professionalism and intensity, and will force teammates to come along with them.
If the players ‘buy in’ to what Madge is offering, they’ll win comps, if they don’t, it’ll go horribly wrong, and quickly.
Carrigan is the only one off the top of my head. He was flogging himself this year for no results. The rest are show ponies.

Haas - this year's origin series was the first time hes played with a bit more aggression. I think he'd be far more dangerous if Brisbane had the outside backs to consistently make meters out of their own end early like penrith do for JFH & Leota

Second row starters & depth are a joke, that is a big recruitment hole he has to fill.

Chimp

Bench
I feel like some producers must have a twisted sense of humour. Gordy was a fantastic player but as a human he’s very….unsmart. Something happens and he just spirals into a diatribe about how it bad without being able to formulate any articulate thought about it. It’s almost uncomfortable to watch at this stage, after almost 2 decades in media he is still out there every single night like a deer in headlights completely out of his depth.

His whole argument about this is basically Kevie is my friend and he got the arse so I am mad.
Gordie is terrible… he often starts making a point, but then the examples he’ll use actually counteract the point he’s making. I also find he chooses his side of the argument based on who he’s talking to. You’ll often hear him disagree with Dobbo on triple M about a subject, but then when Buzz is on Triple M arguing the opposite of what Dobbo has said, Gordie will then argue the opposite side. He likes to ‘pile on’ against certain people, playing up to the crowd.
He was whinging on Triple M this weekend, essentially saying that the fact he’s an ‘old boy’ is irrelevant, and that he’s paid for an opinion, so gives it, and it’s unbiased. Now, it might be true that being an ‘old boy’ isn’t what’s making his view biased, but being Kevvies mate is absolutely impacting his impartiality and he’s got a real bad take on this situation as a result.