What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Kimmorely a chance?

cronullashark

Juniors
gower out of SOO #1, andrew johns has said no to a late call up and matt orford cant walk.

kimmorely is next in line.

i dont think his form warrents it .

Inferno

Coach
If someone was going to get a call up, I'd say it would be Orford/Finch.

But gees with clouds over Buderus, Gower and Tahu, I'd jump on QLD while the money is still good.

I'd give Noddy a 1/20 chance.

*edit, what happened to Orford?

Dread

Juniors
Well lets look at possibilities...

Brett Kimmorley
Ben Hornby
Lincoln Withers
Brent Sherwin
Preston Campbell
Brett Finch
Joe Williams?

Take your pick.

Special K

Coach
Who ever gets the call up is a sitting duck. Brought into camp less then 24 hours before game 1? f**ken!

NSW has massive problems if Bedsy doesn't play. That would mean a new nine, seven and one. Anasta isn't playig out of his skin either.

Since 73

First Grade
He doesn't deserve it, but I hope they pick him.
Kearney to half and Vags to Captain and 5/8.

Scott will start, not Caine - Raper does not blood blokes with a debut from memory, tends to bring them off the bench.

If Sticky was coach he'd be no show. Muzza was the bloke who gave him his chance at the Mariners. dropped Goldthorpe the very next week after he kicked the winning field goal for the Blues in the Super League SOO. Put Goldy on the bench the next week and BK made his debut. BK NEVER let him down, so Muz would have fond memeories.
BUT...
the game has changed and any decent judge - and there is none better than Murray - can see you won't win a game on Kimmorely's kicking game any more.
Kurt Gidley, Sherwin, then BK and Finch neck and neck.
Barrett will get a call also I'd say.

Johns is WAAAY too smart to go in without his buddy Buderus. he knows they'll struggle and he ain't going to be part of a losing side in Sydney. he will sit this one out and wait for the call for the 2nd one to be the saviour.

Won't it be fun to see a repeat of last year. Noddy gets picked, the Blues lose, Noddy gets punted and we get stuck with an angry gnome for the next 10 rounds as we tumble down the table.

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
Kimmorley might be the best option. Joey has knocked it back, I guess the other options are Finch and Orford? But has either played rep footy? I honestly don't know.

Its a big ask coming in the day before SOO 1.

morri (cWo)

First Grade
bigdogsgottaeat said:
Kimmorley might be the best option. Joey has knocked it back, I guess the other options are Finch and Orford? But has either played rep footy? I honestly don't know.

Its a big ask coming in the day before SOO 1.

:lol: finch has played origin before

Gummy_shark

Juniors
He should be no chance, but how desperate are the selectors, one week back from injury... I doubt they would take a punt on him.

Wouldnt it be ironic, last year Noddy on fire goes to origin, has a shocker, never regains form.

This year struggling then out injured one game back, NSW in dire trouble Noddy gets call up, leads them to origin victory, then plays out of his skin for remainder of year.

BWNB

First Grade
sydneysharkbrisbane68 said:
Wouldnt it be ironic, last year Noddy on fire goes to origin, has a shocker, never regains form.

This year struggling then out injured one game back, NSW in dire trouble Noddy gets call up, leads them to origin victory, then plays out of his skin for remainder of year.

ahah and we win the comp?

Inferno

Coach
Hmm suppose Kimmorley is selected and manages to get them over the line. Sets up one hell of a selection dilemma for game 2.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Well...look at the bright side if Kimmorley plays then he may not back up on the weekend! Chance for a win for the Sharkies!

Macca

Coach
I love the blues but fair dinkum, how do you support a side with these two halves. Has to be the two least deserving NSW halves ever. Cheapens the jumper.