What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Latrell Mitchell overrated?

As thread title

• Yes

Votes: 94 83.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 16.1%

• Total voters

Valheru

Coach
I'd 100% be naming him the final 17 now. We'll cop a small fine for not naming him in the initial 22, but stuff them.

They shouldn't even get fined. They didn't name him presumably because they couldn't as he is suspended but apparently he is now not suspended because he isn't fit according to the NRL.

yobbo84

Coach
I want Souths to put out a statement saying that on Friday we will not abide by the rulings of the independent doctor in the bunker, because the NRL have said that they don't believe the findings of independent doctors, and that the final decision on HIAs will rest with Souths doctor, and Souths doctor alone.

Maximus

Coach

Fangs

Coach

The NRL has made it clear it wants Mitchell to serve the ban in round 1 next season, which is why the Bunnies have asked if he can play against the Roosters on Friday despite him not being named in the original 22-man squad.

Souths are adamant that he is fit and has been cleared by three doctors in a bid to prove he’s good to go this week.

“We are taking legal advice on the NRL’s request for further information and the proposed fitness test,” a statement from chief executive Blake Solly read.

Valheru

Coach

The NRL has made it clear it wants Mitchell to serve the ban in round 1 next season, which is why the Bunnies have asked if he can play against the Roosters on Friday despite him not being named in the original 22-man squad.

Souths are adamant that he is fit and has been cleared by three doctors in a bid to prove he’s good to go this week.

“We are taking legal advice on the NRL’s request for further information and the proposed fitness test,” a statement from chief executive Blake Solly read.
Good for Souths

Nothing would make the NRL look more inept than if Latrell was trotted out to play tomorrow

Fangs

Coach
Good for Souths

Nothing would make the NRL look more inept than if Latrell was trotted out to play tomorrow

I didn't post it at the time but I actually gave the NRL some credit initially.

New rule on suspensions...apply it to a meaningless game. So Souths and the other clubs won't complain much because the stakes are low. Now the mk2 version of the rule has been introduced: You have to be fit AND the stakes have to be deemed high enough for a suspension to occur (I'm guessing the end of season tests are considered meaningless to them).

Total mess.

yobbo84

Coach
Besides the stupid moving of the goalposts by the NRL... Willie Mason, of all people, made a real good point too.

By Souths pushing it for him to serve the suspension now, the whole thing gets nipped in the bud and it's done with.

By extending it into next year, we open the 2025 season with more talk of Latrell being suspended, the white powder incident, is he fit, re-hashing it all again, blah blah.

It's like the NRL want to drag out the drama as long as possible.

I'm glad the club isn't rolling over on this one.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Besides the stupid moving of the goalposts by the NRL... Willie Mason, of all people, made a real good point too.

By Souths pushing it for him to serve the suspension now, the whole thing gets nipped in the bud and it's done with.

By extending it into next year, we open the 2025 season with more talk of Latrell being suspended, the white powder incident, is he fit, re-hashing it all again, blah blah.

It's like the NRL want to drag out the drama as long as possible.

I'm glad the club isn't rolling over on this one.
Souths dropped the ball big time by not using this to get his awful contract off the books. He's a dead weight around your necks