What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

skeepe

Immortal
I think I've heard the words "zero" and "buckley's" mentioned by some people ;) :p

It’s interesting. In 2016 we only won 4 of our first 10 games - like our start this year - and still finished 2nd.

I’m not ruling it out but it would take a serious turn around in form to go on that sort of run again this year.

innsaneink

Referee
Raiders have no mental toughness, theyre a good team when on song, but when things dont go their way in games they spit the dummy and lose control/discipline = a by-product of Stuarts whinges and rantings imo

nick87

Coach
Raiders have no mental toughness, theyre a good team when on song, but when things dont go their way in games they spit the dummy and lose control/discipline = a by-product of Stuarts whinges and rantings imo
100% agree.
We're flat track bullies, you show up to play us ready to hold the football and play tough and make us earn a win and we'll just pack it in at some stage and hand you the game, and you'll get 2 pretty easy competition points

If you show up flat, or not switched and not willing to make us work and we'll win most of those 13+

nick87

Coach
If Gubb is his solution would you still be comfortable with not matching at least one of them?

You dont make decisions on a players value based on external factors like that
Boyd is not worth the money he's being paid, nor is Paulo. They are both supremely talented and may take their game to a new level and if they do, maybe those contract values become fair, but a club like ours has paid on promise too much over the years, im glad its stopped

You evaluate a player, you stick with those evaluations. If that means we end up with Gubb as a starter because we've got him on a contract that is correctly valued, so be it, means more money to throw at someone else we do value.

Also the answer isnt going to be Gubb. We'll find other options, sounds like the two poms are close (Bateman and Sutton, no idea if they are any good, dont watch the ESL)

Knightmare

Coach
Am I the only one who sees a resemblance between angry/ dejected Ricky and Henry from 'Thomas The Tank Engine?'

PeEj0A3.jpg

yGpz9K6.jpg

PMflt2r.jpg

8IRypJl.jpg

Incorrect

Coach
Paulo and Boyd are going to be paid a combined $1.6 million next season. I’m comfortable with not matching that.
Isnt Boyd's deal at the Titans 600K per year? So Paulo getting 1 million banana's from the Eels in 2019...is that what you're saying?? Has Paulo leaving the Raiders even been confirmed ? Let alone how much he is supposed to get paid wherever he ends up. .