What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

davi

Juniors
Things won't get easier for Ricky Stuart now. Its been reported Josh Hodgson will need a knee reconstruction and be out for nine months. A repeat trip to the Grand Final is now likely off the cards despite Stuart suggesting he 'doesn't give a #$%$' what anyone thinks at last night's press conference.

Avenger

Immortal
Ricky isn't passionate, he is a sook and always has been. I really do get a guilty pleasure in seeing him lose with the inevitable dummy spits and lack of self-awareness.

You're a f**kwit, Ricky and everyone knows it and you do give a shit, you knob.

gerg

Juniors
I never realised that Australia was so high on exporting salt. Surely Ricky deserves a commission.

Sphagnum

Coach
He has all his excuses lined up for this failed campaign already. Look at how some of his players have gone backwards in a big way this year, particularly Charnz

Canberra were on the cusp of greatness after last year but somehow this merkin put a handbrake on them.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
He has all his excuses lined up for this failed campaign already. Look at how some of his players have gone backwards in a big way this year, particularly Charnz

Canberra were on the cusp of greatness after last year but somehow this merkin put a handbrake on them.

Ha, interesting take. I never thought I'd find myself defending Ricky Stuart but who got them to that GF last year? Ricky Stuart. And they've produced some decent results this year. They're f**ked now that Hodgson is gone but gee, bit rough on old Sticky.

mongoose

Coach

We've been down on form compared to last year but I feel some players are starting to warm up. CNK has been better the last 3 weeks. He just needs to get more involved, cause when he does something happens. He has made some bad errors though... The Hodgson injury sucks even more cause he was having a really good game until he went down.

The Great Dane

First Grade
We've been down on form compared to last year but I feel some players are starting to warm up. CNK has been better the last 3 weeks. He just needs to get more involved, cause when he does something happens. He has made some bad errors though... The Hodgson injury sucks even more cause he was having a really good game until he went down.
I honestly think that we underestimated the impact that the lack of home games and constant travel would have on the team.

The team just needed time to settle into a pattern again, but that's not going to happen with all the injuries.

I honestly think that we underestimated the impact that the lack of home games and constant travel would have on the team.

The team just needed time to settle into a pattern again, but that's not going to happen with all the injuries.

Its one of the most overlooked factors for the Raiders this year. Granted the Warriors have been away from home seen the season resumption but of all the other clubs the Raiders have been the harshest hit.. travel in/play match/travel out. They’ finally get home games now and then lose Hodgson, another loss to the list.

As for Stuart, loved him as a player and love him almost as much as a coach. It’s one of the reasons the Raiders are my favourite side to watch apart from my club...

Except when my club has a mare.... which is often... and so the Raiders have regularly been my favourite club to watch.

Good to see he is using his mouth piece Kent to get all the excuses out in the open before the game has even started.

Ricky loves an excuse, if the comp wasn’t so poor they would be specials to miss the 8.

Says you who follows a team that’s had the cushy draw that’s only seen them leave Sydney twice since the resumption, and one of those was a quick roadtrip up to Newcastle.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Says you who follows a team that’s had the cushy draw that’s only seen them leave Sydney twice since the resumption, and one of those was up a quick roadtrip up to Newcastle.
Oh boo hoo!! Canberra the last 3 or 4 years seem to have got the easiest draw out of all the teams every year. This year yes they have the shit end the pineapple and the world is against them, it’s not fair wah wah wah!! No other club coach whinges like he does, I’ve never been Brad Arthur’s biggest fan but one thing he isn’t is a whinger. If we need excuses we aren’t good enough anyway is how he sees it.

But instead down at Cannnnn-Brrrrrrraaaaa

Poor Ricky just needs some luck, poor Ricky just needs some Origin players. He’s a walking excuse machine and I fail to see what my team has anything to do with it??? He’s been the same since he started and it looks like he hasn’t changed one bit. .

Spot On

Coach
Oh boo hoo!! Canberra the last 3 or 4 years seem to have got the easiest draw out of all the teams every year. This year yes they have the shit end the pineapple and the world is against them, it’s not fair wah wah wah!! No other club coach whinges like he does, I’ve never been Brad Arthur’s biggest fan but one thing he isn’t is a whinger. If we need excuses we aren’t good enough anyway is how he sees it.

But instead down at Cannnnn-Brrrrrrraaaaa

Poor Ricky just needs some luck, poor Ricky just needs some Origin players. He’s a walking excuse machine and I fail to see what my team has anything to do with it??? He’s been the same since he started and it looks like he hasn’t changed one bit. .

Don't forget, above all, it is the ref's fault. All losses come down to refereeing decisions, not player error or performance.

Long may it continue.

Spot On

Coach
Now, now ... it has become a sort of rite of passage for Raiders players and supporters to continually whinge about the hardships of playing a game with rules - that the other side always bends and that the ref always misinterprets.

See day game thread for ample evidence re supporters.

Latest posts