What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

The irony of an Eels fan sooking about Stick being a sook.

Given Parra's performances and continuous dramas after 1986 I've always thought Parra fans are relatively balanced when they have the ammunition, and just-cause, to be the biggest whingers of any fan base in the league. But seeing all the whinging at Ricky Stuart supposedly whinging makes me laugh. I do get it's origins though - if someone coached my side and left like Ricky I'd probably bear a grudge too.

Valheru

Coach
He should have just copped it that the Raiders are forced to bus whereas every other club can fly to away games?

What coach would let their club be treated 2nd class & just not even mention it?

Did dragons fly to Canberra?

Genuine question.

I doubt parra flew to Newcastle.

bileduct

Coach
He should have just copped it that the Raiders are forced to bus whereas every other club can fly to away games?

What coach would let their club be treated 2nd class & just not even mention it?
Come on dude, at least we got to fly to our home games.

Did dragons fly to Canberra?

Genuine question.

I doubt parra flew to Newcastle.

The Dragons drove down the hume - I'd like to think it was in Tonya the team bus for comedy reasons. Parra would have driven up to Newcastle, which is only about 90 minutes once you hit the highway.

All the Sydney teams have it pretty sweet compared to the others. Parra especially.

Difference is Canberra have had to either do the bus to and from Canberra each round, or FIFO on the same day (eg Melbourne). Every week. Get a 5 day turn-around and were asked to drive to/from Sydney to play your lot, red-hot premiership favourites, on your doorstep. All the while the interstate AFL teams are holed up in Sydney Hotels (their protocols, not the NRL's).

Of course it's a problematic season given all that's going on so nothing will suit everyone, but the Raiders are copping the pineapple, pointy-end-first..

Valheru

Coach
The Dragons drove down the hume - I'd like to think it was in Tonya the team bus for comedy reasons. Parra would have driven up to Newcastle, which is only about 90 minutes once you hit the highway.

All the Sydney teams have it pretty sweet compared to the others. Parra especially.

Difference is Canberra have had to either do the bus to and from Canberra each round, or FIFO on the same day (eg Melbourne). Every week. Get a 5 day turn-around and were asked to drive to/from Sydney to play your lot, red-hot premiership favourites, on your doorstep. All the while the interstate AFL teams are holed up in Sydney Hotels (their protocols, not the NRL's).

Of course it's a problematic season given all that's going on so nothing will suit everyone, but the Raiders are copping the pineapple, pointy-end-first..

So Sydney teams have to drive to Canberra games. Just as i thought.

Despite the COVID interruptions the raiders have played exactly 2 home games away from Canberra.

He is having an all time sook here.

His side have not left Canberra for 19 days. During that time we have FIFO twice to QLD.

The short turn around is not ideal but no one felt sorry for us when we had 5 days against parra compared to their 8.

So Sydney teams have to drive to Canberra games. Just as i thought.

Despite the COVID interruptions the raiders have played exactly 2 home games away from Canberra.

He is having an all time sook here.

His side have not left Canberra for 19 days. During that time we have FIFO twice to QLD.

The short turn around is not ideal but no one felt sorry for us when we had 5 days against parra compared to their 8.

Yes the Sydney teams will bus it to Canberra for any games there. But that's a trip they've only had to do once.

As for Post-Covid, Not exactly.. They have had 2 games at home, in Canberra. The rest have been interstate be it by bus or plane on the same day.

Regarding the Roosters FIFO... understood. But when your team was in Sydney prior to this, they were doing the same thing into Melbourne one week, then doing bus trips day and night into Sydney - every other week.

Their bus trips and your flights would work out to be roughly the same travel time for their Campbelltown games. Shorter time in the air but factoring travels to/from airport. Tack on an at least an extra half hour for any other sydney games of theirs.

Anyway - it's not anyone's fault. We should all be glad the season has been going again for so long. But in my mind Ricky Stuart is not whinging at all - he's sticking up for his team to try and get the best for them - which I'd hope any coach would be doing for their teams also.

Valheru

Coach
Yes the Sydney teams will bus it to Canberra for any games there. But that's a trip they've only had to do once.

As for Post-Covid, Not exactly.. They have had 2 games at home, in Canberra. The rest have been interstate be it by bus or plane on the same day.

Regarding the Roosters FIFO... understood. But when your team was in Sydney prior to this, they were doing the same thing into Melbourne one week, then doing bus trips day and night into Sydney - every other week.

Their bus trips and your flights would work out to be roughly the same travel time for their Campbelltown games. Shorter time in the air but factoring travels to/from airport. Tack on an at least an extra half hour for any other sydney games of theirs.

Anyway - it's not anyone's fault. We should all be glad the season has been going again for so long. But in my mind Ricky Stuart is not whinging at all - he's sticking up for his team to try and get the best for them - which I'd hope any coach would be doing for their teams also.

Only 2 of those games in Sydney were home games. Their 3 other home games have been in Canberra (one pre COVID)

So they have had to travel only twice when they ordinarily wouldn't have. Everything else would be normal in any other season without the same day stuff obviously.

As i said this is the first time they are travelling in 19 days.

Only 2 of those games in Sydney were home games. Their 3 other home games have been in Canberra (one pre COVID)

So they have had to travel only twice when they ordinarily wouldn't have. Everything else would be normal in any other season without the same day stuff obviously.

The Same day stuff is the whole point... That's as far from normal as you can get, apart from being made to ride their bikes up the hume and back.

BadnMean

Juniors

Says the guy whose team travels once a month at most. Ha!