What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

nick87

Coach
I'm still bewildered by the number of Raiders fans who don't rate Young. Am I missing something? He's the only player who is consistently making line breaks for us this year and in a team where none of our outside backs are capable of line breaks, he's pretty valuable.

I honestly havent see anyone who doesnt rate Young
A lot of people like me think he's a very good defensive back rower who doesnt know what he's doing in attack. But i also think he's a rep quality player as a middle forward

And go back and watch Young's highlights this year, 9/10 of the tries, line breaks and damaging runs he's made have come one off the ruck
he's a middle. and damn good one at that.

BadnMean

Juniors
A lot of people like me think he's a very good defensive back rower who doesnt know what he's doing in attack. But i also think he's a rep quality player as a middle forward

And go back and watch Young's highlights this year, 9/10 of the tries, line breaks and damaging runs he's made have come one off the ruck

That's what I reckon. Perfect mobile lock for the modern game. He's good enough to do ok on the edge but his mix of talents makes him better suited to the middle. He's quicker & more agile than most in the middle & big enough to mix it there. Loves the contact too.

Not a great passer and you can see his instincts summed up in the break he was good enough to make on the weekend, but then ran himself straight over the sideline because he lost where he was/didn't have the instincts to straighten up the run.

mongoose

Coach

fair enough, i might have seen some comments on social media - some fans questioning why he is in the team. He did have a poor game against the Eels but so did many other players.

Sphagnum

Coach
Hudson young is shit but he was nowhere near as bad as whitehead against the eels. Watch his effort on Opacic for the last try.

Saxon

Bench
Pretty disappointed with the press conference.
I was expecting another blood and thunder 'you watched the game, what do you think', 'I can't answer that or I'll get fined' blowup. All we got was a meek little 'we weren't very good'.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Pretty disappointed with the press conference.
I was expecting another blood and thunder 'you watched the game, what do you think', 'I can't answer that or I'll get fined' blowup. All we got was a meek little 'we weren't very good'.

When we suck (see 2017/18) he doesn't get super fired up. That's probably worrying for raiders fans more than anything

It will be hurtin sheds and effort soon enough

when you lead 24-6
you need your leaders to stand up & lead the team to a comfortable victory. Thats what the good teams do

Melb
Panthers
Souths

we are not a good team in 2021 ... yet.

I honestly don't know who has been the most disappointing leader we have atm

Hodgson
Wighton
Williams
Croker
Whitehead

Hodgson didn't play , he can't be blamed for last night
But when we got to 24-6
the others there were nowhere to be seen.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I would suggest the captain is the one you should be most disappointed in as he's leader of the leaders.

Yet he spends his time arguing with the refs over things that won't change rather than doing anything inspirational

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
Personally I think sticky’s problem has been , there has been no real noticeable change raiders play to pre and post 6 again rule and that is due to no refreshment of the side , does not seem to have brought many in last 3 years - I can only think of chn, Scott and James .

Sphagnum

Coach
Ricky’s problem is that he is massively one dimensional, stays loyal to has beens who shouldn’t even be playing first grade anymore and generally after a year or two has a squad who is bored and sick of the sight of him.

good luck with that

Latest posts