What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Say what you like about the Rickster, but he has the highest finals winning percentage of any coach in the NRL.

It didn’t work out last night, but from where we were at round 8 to even make the finals was a minor miracle. I approach 2023 with renewed optimism. The Stick will win it all next year, you’ll see.

Big deal. Winning percentage in finals without GF wins means little. I dare say most clubs would take a Bellamy, Robinson or even Bennett over Stuart. They have all proven they know how to coach a team more to more than 1 grand final win in their first grade careers.

Last edited:

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Big deal. Winning poercentage in finals without GF wins means little. I dare say most clubs would take a Bellamy, Robinson or even Bennett over Stuart. They have all proven they know how to coach a team more to more than 1 grand final win in their first grade careers.
Nah wouldn't take Robbo. He is yet to prove himself outside of seasons where millions of $ of talent were parachuted into his team.

Spot On

Coach
In the last 12 weeks of the season proper, Sticky had to get his side up to play 2 teams that finished in the top 8.

Tough draw that.

Monumental effort though. A miracle some would say.

Even managed to get himself a week off to rest and recover in the big run up to the finals after a dog wearing the number 6 jersey led a Penrith side to a victory over the Green Machine.

What a legend!

Now, if only Rick could locate his front row pairing….

WaznTheGreat

Referee
My dude AlwaysGreen riding home the Eels against the Panthers in the GF

guaynaa-guayna.gif

myrrh ken

First Grade
Sticky not out of the woods with the WGDP

Penrith’s Jaeman Salmon has refused to rule out pursuing legal action against Canberra coach Ricky Stuart for his “weak-gutted dog” spray. Salmon broke his six week silence on the issue ahead of his first grand final. The Panthers utility also distanced himself from assertions the decade long feud between Stuart and Salmon stemmed from anything to do with Stuart’s autistic daughter.

Salmon confirmed he was considering legal action.

“Definitely,” Salmon said. “There could be some stuff in the works still. I’m not sure. I can’t really comment on anything, and I won’t.”

Stuart publicly apologised for the post-game comments but refused to explain the reasons he made them. It led to Stuart being suspended for one game and fined $20,000.

Salmon did not want to delve into the matter.

“It has nothing to do with his autistic daughter,” Salmon said. “I’ve never heard the term before, but I won’t let it get to me. I’m not worried about hearing that term. I’m only focused on the game this week.

“I heard about it at the game. What Rick said is up to him.”

Stuart’s post-game spray has now become part of the rugby league lexicon. Salmon said he had been heckled by fans.

“It [the term] has caught on a bit,” Salon said. “I’ve been copping it a bit at games. I’m not focused on that. I’m only focused on the game this week. Everyone has been good [in terms of support]. I won’t comment on what happened.”

Salmon was preparing to take on his former club on Sunday.

“I was there three years and it didn’t work, I played a few positions there, just like I do here, it just didn’t work out,” Salmon said. “I enjoyed my time there a lot.”

nick87

Coach
Finally some clarifity on the slam dunk fat stacks coming this weak gutted dog's way.
So we've just got to get through the season and THEN, only THEN can we sort the fat stacks that await Jayden? Jamal? I dont know...
Anyways, good to know that we've still got..

*checks notes*

some stuff in the works

T-Boon

Coach
Ricky is right that the RLPA are useless and all they can think about is more money for the players. What about trying to get better conditions etc?
But what was he going on about "the NRL don't trust the coaches?" of course they don't, the coaches are the biggest cheats in the game, they have zero interest in anything except winning. Zero integrity.