What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Perth Red

Post Whore
The gushing over this news on NRL360 was sickening lol
Fair play to him though, 10 years of mediocre performances with the odd glimpse of potential and he is still in the job. Not easy to do.

Eelectrica

Referee
Fantastic news for the front office staff who don’t need to change the templates or update the letter heads.

It’s about damn time a club thought of the office staff and the trials they go through when a new coach comes in.

Hurtin’ in the Sheds can also continue to be the official team song. Fantastic news all round really

Last edited:

King-Gutho94

Coach
Outside of Brian Smith has there been a coach that has gone 500 consecutive games without winning a premiership.

Bare in mind Ricky won his only comp 470 odd games ago.

Penrith fan

Juniors
Sticky will be in rare air when he finally finishes up.

I reckon if he lasts till, he is 70, he will go about 1,000 games as coach without another premiership.

Last edited:

Penrith fan

Juniors
I hope Sticky learns some new routines for his post-game sprays of refs, the bunker, NRL administration, Canberra weather etc.

By 1,000 games of coaching, his "I am the biggest victim in NRL history" routine will need a bit of refining

Penrith fan

Juniors
All beings so far have created something beyond themselves; and do you want to be the ebb of this great flood and even go back to the beasts rather than overcome man? What is the ape to man? A laughingstock or a painful embarrassment. And man shall be just that for the Übermensch: a laughingstock or a painful embarrassment…

So, we will see the evolution of Sticky.

Fantastic news for the front office staff who don’t need to change the templates or update the letter heads.

It’s about damn time a club thought of the office staff and the trials they go through when a new coach comes in.

Hurtin’ in the Sheds can also continue to be the official team song. Fantastic news all round really

Hurtin' in the Sheds to the tune of Bringing in the Sheaves.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
In all fairness, who else are they going to sign? Fans of clubs in capital cities literally just think a club like Canberra can snap their fingers and draw a top line coach down there. The blokes obviously not a great coach, but imo he’s done pretty well with the squads he’s had. They could end up consistently much further down the ladder.

I'm not that opposed to just trying a young assistant coach from somewhere. I think a lot of the Raiders issues come from how old fashioned stick is.

King-Gutho94

Coach
There'll be no shortage of studies in the future about how a scrappy little kid from Queanbeyan absolutely burgled a 25+ year coaching career
His manager who passed away John Fordham did a great job rebuilding Sticky's connections with the media post cronulla gig especially the Daily Telegraph & News limited.

The 2 years as NSW coach where Fordo took them all out and they become best buddies.

By 2013 - Paul Kent was Ricky's ghost writer especially when it came to his stint at Parramatta & anything related to Ricky after that was via Kent's mouth.

Frankus

Juniors
I'm not that opposed to just trying a young assistant coach from somewhere. I think a lot of the Raiders issues come from how old fashioned stick is.
He seems to have a young group of support staff and coaches around whenever I see him having a coffee in Braddon. I reckon the Raiders are doing alright this season considering the injuries and threadbare roster.

Latest posts