What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Ryan Papenhuyzen the new Billy Slater?

T-Boon

Coach
He's got a bit of Lt Aldo Raine about it him.

Lt-Aldo-Raine-lt-aldo-raine-19757980-350-433.jpg

Whats the worst thing about fightin in a basement?

Hawkins

Juniors

The guy is sensational. He can cut most defences to ribbons. He will surely become the permanent full back at Melbourne Storm very soon.

He has Billy Slater 2.0 written all over him.

No he seams friendly and Billy played like a funt.

Funniest moment in the GF last year when they boo'ed Slater off the park. He said he didn't care. Smith and Bellamy had a tantrum at the presser said it was disrespectful. Guess Billy was crying into his XXXX and they just couldn't keep it to themselves.

Amazing player sure but he played like a dog a bit much, don't mark this kid with the same brush yet, maybe he'll be more professional.

The Netherlands will use Ryan Papenhuyzen as the linchpin of their attempt to unseat Australia as world champions in the 2025 World Cup.

Someguy

First Grade
All were cheap pickups and played at least as well as they did at the Storm.

True that O’niell actually played some of his best football for the cowboys (He’s tries per game halved but more to do with teams different style) was possibly the worst player to be selected for origin while at the storm.

I’m going side with you on bringing down the good players turn shit after leaving the storm myth. The only exceptions being Blair and waqa, waqa being a strange buy anyways, 1st choice at storm to being about 5th in line for a spot in a solid raiders team.

I will go one further.

Just as Billy Slater will surely be voted by the NRL as an Immortal in 5 years, so too will the Dutch-Australian Melbourne Storm flyer Ryan Papenhuyzen in 2036 or 2040 (depending on when he retires).

I have called it now. You have read it here now.

SBD82

Coach
Ryan Papenhuyzen has "international superstar" written all over him.
Of course he does.

Papenhuyzen means “international superstar” in an obscure Dutch dialect.

The literal translation is “this is my house”, however the saying has been used as a synonym for international superstar since Europe first moved from the city-state to the system of nations that we know today.

gerg

Juniors
True that O’niell actually played some of his best football for the cowboys (He’s tries per game halved but more to do with teams different style) was possibly the worst player to be selected for origin while at the storm.

I’m going side with you on bringing down the good players turn shit after leaving the storm myth. The only exceptions being Blair and waqa, waqa being a strange buy anyways, 1st choice at storm to being about 5th in line for a spot in a solid raiders team.

At the time Sisa was a good buy for the Raiders. Couldn't attract any decent players and he actually signed and didn't back out of the deal. Played some really good footy to begin with and I'm sure the players around him learnt a lot from him. He looked to be one of the few in the backline that actually knew what his role was. Then the gambling shit became too much, sadly.

Back on topic: Ryan Papenhuyzen.

He should be a star just for his name alone. And his Dutch heritage means that we can use him to help grow the game in Netherlands and beyond. What's not to like?

Latest posts