What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Smith doing the right thing in Newcastle

Is Brian Smith doing the right thing in Newcastle?

• Yes he is right on the money in his decisions so far

Votes: 22 39.3%
  • Yes - But I do not agree with the way he has gone about the club cleanout

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • No he should be shown the door at the first chance

Votes: 8 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fred_knight

Juniors
its a lot more funnier now then what it was last night, can you believe it was all i could think about when i was trying to sleep,

Misanthrope

Staff member
can you believe it was all i could think about when i was trying to sleep,

You'd be surprised how many LU users go to bed with me on their minds. It's both flattering and scary :crazy:

Misanthrope

Staff member
No need to be embarassed, perverse. It's human nature. Just accept it and sleep will come.

Burwood

Bench
Misanthrope said:
I still think we needed to bring in somebody with more thoroughly developed man management skills to handle the coaching and management side of things. It's clear Smith has a great eye for talent and a strong administrative game - but it's also clear that he's not at all good at motivating his players or playing diplomat.

Hagan? :shock:

Misanthrope

Staff member
A Hagan/Smith combo would have worked provided Hagan was given no control over team selection or recruitment. He'd just be there to talk to the players and prepare them for games.

Master Vippo

Juniors
I'll reserve judgment until mid-next year, maybe even later. I think the ends justify the means, and we havent reached the ends yet.

Time will tell.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Option 2 for sure. We needed a clean-out but a bit of tact and respect whilst doing it. Smith was the last person for the job, he didnt even try to work with the players, just showed them the door.

Latest posts