What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Steve Price the best front rower in the world?

Is Steve Price the best front rower in the world?

• Yes

Votes: 43 38.4%
  • No

Votes: 69 61.6%

• Total voters

Brad Joyce

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
Bizarre. If it had anything to do with me being a biased Warriors supporter than why would I be talking down Wiki?

Put it this way, if Steve was still playing for the Doggies, I'd could just about guarentee that you wouldn't be calling him the best front rower in the world.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
He is the best.

lol at people who think Bailey is better :?

Petero is fantastic but Price is better

Asotasi has not done enough yet to rank alongside Price

Price is the man

shiznit

Coach
i have to agree with the warriors fans after last night. he really should have been MoM.
does anyone have his stats for last night??

DeeGan

Bench
DeeGan said:
Steve Price is in the top three props no question in the NRL competition.

His always consistent stats prove that and yesterday he out performed Petero who was great last season. How he missed the tour last season is beyond me.

The above was on the 26-03-07.

After 10 rounds of the NRL season and on top of last night's showing, I think he takes the mantle at the moment - it is hard to argue, again, Price at Origin stood tall.

Don't discount Luke Bailey, if NSW selectors start with him he will challenge Price.

I still think Luke Bailey is with all things equal, the best prop in the game.

Godz Illa

Coach
Bailey was well below average last night imo. Two dropped balls and only made yards running at Lockyer and Thurston.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
He's definately up there with Asotasi, Petero, etc

He is quiet but always gets the job done and is a great leader

Price and Asotasi were a huge loss to Canterbury :(

badav

Bench
shiznit said:
i have to agree with the warriors fans after last night. he really should have been MoM.
does anyone have his stats for last night??

According to NRL.com there are two different stat sources for Steve price.
14 Hitups for 221 metres. 22 tackles & 1 try
the other one says
24 hitups for 195 metres, 25 tackles & 1 try

Petero was

20 hitups for 189 metres. 31 tackles

i believe they are the two best prop forwards in the world.

Bench
Thierry Henry said:
He is the best.

lol at people who think Bailey is better :?

Petero is fantastic but Price is better

Asotasi has not done enough yet to rank alongside Price

Price is the man
Couldn't have said it better myself.Price has been the best for quite some time now,just doesn't get the recognition he deserves.I would say if we had Price we would win the comp,thats how high I rate him.

Mr Saab

Referee
851 said:
Couldn't have said it better myself.Price has been the best for quite some time now,just doesn't get the recognition he deserves.I would say if we had Price we would win the comp,thats how high I rate him.

1. He doesnt have fan boys like Gould talking him up.
2. He plays for the Warriors.
3. Ricky Stuart doesnt rate him

He is in the top 2 props in the game with Petero.

Danish

Referee
Price is far and away the best front rower in the world.

He ran for over 200m, laid on 2 tries and scored 2 more (although 1 he was robbed of).

Hell he proved a better halfback than Mullen last night when jumping into first receiver.

I simply laugh at anyone who thinks otherwise. Particularly those that rate asotasi as the best. The guy cant even outperform Cusack.

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
Price is by far the best prop in the game, just look at his yards per run his game time, win percentage and the way the dogs have fallen since he has gone.

Iafeta

Referee
A legendary performance from a legendary player. It has been an honour for our club to have had him at our club since 2005, he has been a leader with real 'mana'. Week in, week out he gets 200m, a few short passes before the line, pressure on the kickers, and leadership.

Ricky Stuart is out of his mind not wanting this bloke in the Kangaroos team. This bloke is the pinnacle.

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
Yeah how good is he at the charge down, I have never seen a better player at charging down the ball and getting it back over 80% of the time(maybe even higher percentage).
What a legend prop and he was always up there with Webke too.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i cant really split Price, Asotasi or Petro
gun to the head, id go:

1. Asotasi
2. Price
3. Petro

Iafeta

Referee
I'm just interested... what then does Steve Price lack not to be regarded as the best?

Isn't the props job to go forward?

About five weeks ago he broke the NRL record with 270m against the Cowboys, and then followed that up with 230m the next game against Souths. He's regularly around 200m. Last year's top meterage gainer for a forward. He charges kicks down/puts pressure on kickers yet rarely gets beaten by a fleet footed half who creates a break due to a hole in the line. He's an outstanding leader. He doesn't miss tackles. When the game is on the line, he can play ball, take for instance last night with a run to the line nice ball outside to create the overlap or against Souths when the Warriors needed a miracle, he provided what is just a very much run of the mill play for him. He doesn't miss tackles. When there's a break on, the first forward back at the Warriors time in time out is Steve Price. Doesn't matter if he's made 150m or 15m in the game, he's back there leading by example. And to me, he's still improving. This year he's really developed at running at a hole close to the line, he's got I think 3 tries for the Warriors from this alone this year, and he got one last night should have been 2 doing exactly the same thing.

I'm obviously biased on this one, but he's a consistently great performer for the Warriors. Week in, week out, he's the Warriors best. No ifs, no buts. Already in a short time he's got people over the ditch proclaiming him to be as great for the Warriors, if not greater, than Stacey Jones. And given the high regard Stacey's held in, that's an incredible claim for someone who's only been there since 2005.

If I were to pick an all time Warriors team, Price would be the first name I'd name. If I was creating a new franchise, and all players were available, the first forward, let alone prop I'd pick would be Price. I knew he was a great player before he came to the Warriors and was ecstatic when we signed him calling him our greatest ever signing, but he has well and truly outdone my outlandish expectations ten fold. He's worth every cent he's paid and more.

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
I agree, I'd have price ,Hindmarsh and Menzies for my first 3 picks into a new side.
Price has shown his leadership for many years now and keeps doing it week in week out.
there is no other forward that has been so consistent.
It's amazing cause he isn't the biggest prop going around but he gains meters every time he takes the ball up.
Asotasi is ok but nowhere near as consistent as price

Latest posts