What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Stuart Fielden overrated?

Mr Saab

Referee
Disco said:
Fielden would start next to Petro in the Aussie pack

He is in the top 5 props in the game

1.Asotasi
2.J Cayless
3.Petro
4.Fielden
5.Bailey

J Cayless at 2? I dont think so

D

Deleted member 10972

At full strength, the Aussie team is:

1. Anthony Minichiello (unavailable - replaced by Karmichael Hunt in squad)
2. Matt King
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Justin Hodges
5. Greg Inglis
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Johnathon Thurston
8. Luke Bailey (unavailable - replaced by Sam Thaiday in squad )
9. Danny Buderus (unavailable - replaced by Cam Smith in squad )
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Steve Simpson (unavailable - replaced by Anthony Tupou in squad)
12. Nathan Hindmarsh
13. Luke O'Donnell/Andrew Ryan/Tonie Carroll (all these guys are excellent locks)

14. Craig Wing/Shaun Berrigan/Robbie Farah/Aaron Payne (all these guys would be quality impact hookers)
15. Willie Mason
16. Steve Price (god knows why he isn't selected)
17. Mark O'Meley

So basically, our best fullback, starting prop, starting backrower, & starting hooker are all unavailable, & one of our best & most experienced props hasn't been chosen, with his most likely replacement Jason Ryles also unavailable. The Aus team last night was messed around with too much by Stuart, too many experiments in too short a time.

No he is a really really good player.

Got put out of the game by the punch from Mason and then a heavy tackle shortly after.

He'll come good.

D

Deleted member 10972

salivor said:
You do realise that the Webcke hasn't played for Qld or Australia since 2004 don't you? The only ones that have to worry about a hole in the front row are the Broncos. Oh and I'm sure he could walk into the front row of the Roosters, they're looking for another ESL hack to partner Beattie and Nutley.

The Pom fans ARE deluded mate. Funny thing is though, most of my mates who watch the ESL rate Nutley over Fielden any day of the week. LOL

salivor

First Grade
LeagueFanNumeroUno said:
The Pom fans ARE deluded mate. Funny thing is though, most of my mates who watch the ESL rate Nutley over Fielden any day of the week. LOL

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest lol. It's probably a bit harsh of me comparing 2 players while over 30 have still had the ability to play Origin to Stuart Fielden. My apologies to Beattie and Nuts.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Fielden is rubbish.

The best of a poor ESL lot, which is full of past it Aussies anyway.

When he comes and plays in a real competition, then we can judge him.

Until then, he's soft. Best prop in the world LMAO!