What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the NRL in 2005 becoming really weird?

Is the NRL is 2005 becoming really weird???

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
50 point scoreline... 40 point scores being comon place. Canberra leading the comp!!! WTF? They have no one (they have played the easy-beats thought), Manly in the top! all the good teams coming last! WTF is happening to the NRL??????????????

Im a tigers fan and even i think its really weird!!!!

rugged

Juniors
My tipping for 3 weeks was disgraceful (only 1 or 2 each week) but this week 3 so far.

I said maybe.

Bomber

Bench
I said no

Surprise teams leading the comp in April are no big deal. If Manly and Canberra are still up there in August I'd be shocked.

greeneyed

First Grade
It is wierd that Canberra ISN'T on top normally. :lol:

And if the Raiders had beaten "easy beats" why is it that they have beaten St George and Newcastle, who were tipped to make the 8 by all "experts"? And those same experts tipped Raiders to go to wooden spoon instead of Souths, which the Raiders have also beaten?

aids

Bench
when was the last tine the browncows had 50 points scored on them?
i don't think i've ever seen it?

and newcastles points againsts is floating around the 150 mark, in three games at this rate by the end of the year they would have had 1150 points scored on them.
:(

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Some of you must be young. Manly belongs on the top of the table. :lol:

2005 has definately headed for a few unexpected final results.

I love it. A close competition, is a good competition.

Striker

Juniors
Someone mentioned the mass of points being scored in the game today, I believe that is what is making the competition so unpredictable. A lot of the rule changes over the last 10 years have favoured the attacking team so the points keep rolling on once a side gets on top.

Once the other side starts to gain some possesion they then start scoring at will. I remember the old 80's when 26-6 scorelines were considered a dominant performance.

Dogs Of War

Coach
It's the superleague rules coming into force, quick play the balls means that once teams have a roll on its very hard for a the oppostion to stop them.

Corbin

Juniors
It seems to be that these big blow out scores are Coming from New denfensive stragities, im mean Some coachs are bring in a new tactic called the V (the one that sheens used a SBW)

Lego_Man

First Grade
Unfortunately i haven't noticed Stacey getting any extra distance on his dropouts....all the other kickers i have though.

:?

Raiders Plight

Juniors
Whats weird? Canberra are on top of the table where they should be. The teams with no pride (knights and dragons) are on the bottom where they should be.

McLovin

Staff member
My tipping has been superb lately. im on 117 points in nrl.com.

Currently 5th out of 60,000 tipsters. Round 4 will screw me over though...

Surandy

Bench
After Round 4 I am stuck back in 6,375 place out of 56,818 tipsters on 101 points.

I've gotten 4 out of 7 tips right every round so far.

fatshark

Bench
I think there will be an uproar soon from the likes of Gould/Stuart in concern for the refereeing concerning the ruck area.
Obviously the slowing down and the wrestling around is tiring the big blokes leading to the score blowouts. Then again it could be the coaching methods pinpointing teams obvious weaknesses.
I think Canberra and Manly will soon be found out as the season goes on.
I think the ruck area rules are great and should be left.
Fair and intense refereeing of the ruck area is an extremely important area of the game.

Latest posts