What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is the steelers jersey a regular thing now?

avocado

Juniors
Anyway ...

The red rag is shit. We should be in the red V at all games except those at Wollongong where we wear the glorious Steelers strip.

(By the way. Steelers were totally ripped off in that semi in ‘92. Refs always favoured the Saints back then)

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Anyway ...

The red rag is shit. We should be in the red V at all games except those at Wollongong where we wear the glorious Steelers strip.

(By the way. Steelers were totally ripped off in that semi in ‘92. Refs always favoured the Saints back then)
Agree..

McGregor’s try under the posts that was called back for a forward pass was a fair try..

And Mary hasn’t let it go.. It’s burned him ever since..

It’s only taken him nearly 30 years to exact his revenge..

independent

Juniors
I can't believe what I'm reading in this thread.

Please bring St George back.
I am with you mate, who were the steelers, the team is called St George Illawarra not Steelers, what benefit did we get with this merger ???? down the bottom of the ladder, we have all the history, lets not fool ourselves, all the St George supporters would love to have our name back, even the refs say St george when the give a penalty.

We gained nothing ,we lost all our history

I am with you mate, who were the steelers, the team is called St George Illawarra not Steelers, what benefit did we get with this merger ???? down the bottom of the ladder, we have all the history, lets not fool ourselves, all the St George supporters would love to have our name back, even the refs say St george when the give a penalty.

We gained nothing ,we lost all our history
You have expressed what most of us are thinking and good on you for telling it how it is.
Blocker Roach still refers to us as "The Saints".
No place for "Steelers" in the same sentence.
The red jersey is an embarrassment and should be done away with.
Just switch to our traditional identity and let's get on with being a real football club again.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You have expressed what most of us are thinking and good on you for telling it how it is.
Blocker Roach still refers to us as "The Saints".
No place for "Steelers" in the same sentence.
The red jersey is an embarrassment and should be done away with.
Just switch to our traditional identity and let's get on with being a real football club again.
Who is this “our” you talk about?

We’re a joint venture club.

redv13

Bench
We are St George Illawarra.

If you didn’t know that, you should look at the crest on the jersey.
Red V, Saints, StGeorge, Dragons. Face it Stanley, besides the rubbish coach, the muppet owners of Win and your collection of wooden spoons what do Illawarra bring to our team???

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Red V, Saints, StGeorge, Dragons. Face it Stanley, besides the rubbish coach, the muppet owners of Win and your collection of wooden spoons what do Illawarra bring to our team???
They bring a place in first grade.

If old St George fans want to continue to have tantrums and be divisive, they should remember that without the JV, you wouldn’t see a Dragons team in the top grade.

redv13

Bench

If old St George fans want to continue to have tantrums and be divisive, they should remember that without the JV, you wouldn’t see a Dragons team in the top grade.

Face the facts, since 2014 all the dramas that have sunk this club further and further into the rubbish tip has that Scarlet look about it. Alienating the Kogarah side of the “JV”, struggling to sign decent players from other Sydney clubs, refusal by the power brokers to spend more time at Kogarah... McGregor, the Gordon’s, Muzby. The list is never ending

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Face the facts, since 2014 all the dramas that have sunk this club further and further into the rubbish tip has that Scarlet look about it. Alienating the Kogarah side of the “JV”, struggling to sign decent players from other Sydney clubs, refusal by the power brokers to spend more time at Kogarah... McGregor, the Gordon’s, Muzby. The list is never ending
Oh, goodie this tripe again..

If you weren’t being so one-eyed, you’d realise St George were suffering the same issues in the late 90s, or that more than half of Australia has never actually seen a St George stand-alone premiership..

Stop being so divisive, we’re a Joint Venture club.

Enjoy the fact that our main jersey is a nod to the former St George first grade team who departed 21 years ago.

If only the club would do the same for the alternate jersey instead of the rubbish they dish up.

redv13

Bench
Oh, goodie this tripe again..

If you weren’t being so one-eyed, you’d realise St George were suffering the same issues in the late 90s, or that more than half of Australia has never actually seen a St George stand-alone premiership..

Stop being so divisive, we’re a Joint Venture club.

Enjoy the fact that our main jersey is a nod to the former St George first grade team who departed 21 years ago.

If only the club would do the same for the alternate jersey instead of the rubbish they dish up.
Not tripe, it’s fact so open your eyes and accept the fact that all the dramas that have occurred and are currently in play are due to the Illawarra not StGeorge.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Not tripe, it’s fact so open your eyes and accept the fact that all the dramas that have occurred and are currently in play are due to the Illawarra not StGeorge.
Of course..

I think that Newtown smell is back again..

Best to open a window..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Wakey wakey...
Sorry, for a minute there I thought you were saying this club belongs soley to people who used to support St George 20 years ago & not to everyone who supports it.

I thought you were being small minded & divisive.

My apologies.

Walpole

Juniors
I'm not sure it would matter what colour jumper our current team wears.

Nice to see the usual "we're only shit because of Illawarra" argument being expressed through fabric choices now.

I think that is a convenient excuse that you regularly trot out but just isn't true.
St. George would have survived without any problem if they went it alone.
The JV was a convolution that promised a lot and has delivered very little.
Where is our promised "Super Club"??? That was the foundation and reason the JV was perpetrated.
So, it hasn't happened by a long shot and no amount of your squirming around and silly statements to the contrary, can change that.
It is one of the main the reasons that the St. George faithful are justifiably miffed and disillusioned about the evolution of the JV and our current malaise.
Even when pre JV St.George was going through difficult periods, our teams always had a dig and were enjoyable to watch.
These days we tune in every week only to see an also ran Team going through the motions under the guidance of an incompetent coach which is blindly supported by an equally incompetent management.
7 years of that rubbish and counting.
Nothing to do with being divisive - the JV just hasn't worked.
You can choose to admit it or you can continue to rationalize it.
It doesn't really matter.