What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a more overrated player than..

txta2

Bench
You wanna talk about over-rated?

Hello Kyle Flanagan. Johnson’s got faults but he’s 10,000 times the player Flanagan is. Johnson’s actually won stuff and has a highlight reel- Flanagan’s claim to fame is that he’s behind Chad Townsend in the pecking order.

How anyone can suggest that Kyle Flanagan is a better player than him and shouLe unseat him from the Sharks team is mystifying.
A rookie whos played half a dozen NRL games and gets picked up by the Roosters is overrated? Put down the crack pipe

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
As Warriors fans, we knew we were f**ked when Shaun bristled and blew up when Freddie Fittler tried to give him some constructive feedback on his game and very likely would have been open to a phone call to make him better.

It was such an accurate snapshot of the mindset Shaun has. Wants to listen to all the good stuff, ie Joey Johns absolutely blowing smoke up his arse in his first year, but gets his back up at any mention of negative and won't accept feedback to enhance his game. We also saw that in dumb shit on social media at times and the 'youse wanted us to fail, youse got your wish' BS after the last World Cup.

gordynz

Juniors
Are you joking, Chad 'almost'Townsend is the most average player in the NRL.
Johnson can lay on few tries a game at least, Chad a few a year.
Johnson choked in the semi, but Chad also had a shitty game.
They'd go well at the Broncos
Who else you got lol? Johnson cant control a team, he just can't. You guys let go of Flanagan so you're stuck with Chad and Johnson. What I'm saying is, Chad's going to have to sort his shit out and completely run the show if you want to run deep into the comp or you're f**ked cos SJ ain't doing anything other than the odd flashy play.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Most of the Canberra squad.

Idiots like Cotric, Croker and Josh Ooh Ah Tontine Papillow. And that knobhead fullback. Plus the soap dodging Poms.

Plus Ricky Stuart.

Most hyped up team in the NRL. Bring back Bradley Clyde.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Most of the Canberra squad.

Idiots like Cotric, Croker and Josh Ooh Ah Tontine Papillow. And that knobhead fullback. Plus the soap dodging Poms.

Plus Ricky Stuart.

Most hyped up team in the NRL. Bring back Bradley Clyde.
But they have a quailty 9 who runs the attack.

Hence one game from the GF.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Yeah talks funny, loves Ricky and Canberra.

Top 5 in the NRL for mine, probably watched some state of origin, seen that you need to be the attacking fulcrum, the very moment QLD did not NSW won 2 in row. Love Cook.

Cheeky fella, I like him.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Yeah talks funny, loves Ricky and Canberra.

Top 5 in the NRL for mine, probably watched some state of origin, seen that you need to be the attacking fulcrum, the very moment QLD did not NSW won 2 in row. Love Cook.

Cheeky fella, I like him.
I like you and your team. Sharkies supporters are the most balanced posters on this forum.

Guys like yourself, Chariasis, Generalzod, Taipan, et al are always up for a good banter.

grouch

First Grade
In the 2014 Four Nations final Kiwis v Kangaroos, Shaun Johnson scored a 40 metre try where he split the Aussie defence, then did an in-and-away to absolutely burn the fullback (Greg Inglis at his peak), which gave the Kiwis an 8 point lead late in the game to basically seal a series victory.

Not many have produced a moment like that.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
In the 2014 Four Nations final Kiwis v Kangaroos, Shaun Johnson scored a 40 metre try where he split the Aussie defence, then did an in-and-away to absolutely burn the fullback (Greg Inglis at his peak), which gave the Kiwis an 8 point lead late in the game to basically seal a series victory.

Not many have produced a moment like that.

Nor has he since. Apart from games against sides ranked 14-16.

RedVDragon

Juniors
Are you ser
A rookie whos played half a dozen NRL games and gets picked up by the Roosters is overrated? Put down the crack pipe
Are you serious. Kyle Flano is young and plenary of potential. Johnson on the other hand has played behind a monster warriors pack and a fairly strong roster at the sharks. Johnson by now should be one of the top 5 players in the comp. he has underdelivered and with more ability that young Flano at the same age. Flano will improve and have more of courage than Johnson.

txta2

Bench
Are you ser

Are you serious. Kyle Flano is young and plenary of potential. Johnson on the other hand has played behind a monster warriors pack and a fairly strong roster at the sharks. Johnson by now should be one of the top 5 players in the comp. he has underdelivered and with more ability that young Flano at the same age. Flano will improve and have more of courage than Johnson.
WTF you need reread what I said. The club got rid of Flanno in favour of Chad Townsend. Shit decision

Quicksilver

Bench
We'll have to see how that pans out.

At the moment Flanno has done zilch.

From what I've seen he provides okayness. Might become better in the Roosters system but at the moment he's pretty bland. Even for Newtown.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
"Monster" Warriors pack may have been about the literal size of them and not necessarily their ability.
If thats the case then when was that also?

Matulino is probably the biggest forward Johnson has had when he was with us, and even then he isn't one of the massive props.

This is probably the first year Johnson has had a good forward pack and all things considered he hasn't been too bad, not great but not awful. He's not a lightning quick stepping machine that he was when he was with us at 21...but thats because he's not 21 anymore.

I see him as Benji x2, its now time for him to transition from the off the cuff genius into the playmaker now that he is getting older and his body is failing him a bit

myrrh ken

First Grade
Has there been a bigger fall from grace than Chambers.

From best centre in the world a couple of season ago, Australian centre, Qld centre this year and now can't even get a gig in his own club side and is going to union.

Has his rating caught up with him?

mozza91

Coach
Has there been a bigger fall from grace than Chambers.

From best centre in the world a couple of season ago, Australian centre, Qld centre this year and now can't even get a gig in his own club side and is going to union.

Has his rating caught up with him?
He was never the best centre in the game surely?