What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IS there going to be a new nrl game on ps2

Mario

Juniors
agerules13 said:
is the going to be a new nrl game on ps2 or isnt there
i tried to find out but i cant?[/img]

There is no definitive news on the matter at this point in time.

strong_latte

Juniors
Theres nothing in the making at the moment apparently, so even if they do announce it next year, we probably won't see a new league game till say march-april of 2006...
The best bet at this point is to wait for EA rugby 2005. Apparently the budget and everything has been given a massive boost and they'll be using the FIFA graphics and gameplay engine... it aint league, but it sounds pretty cool really and as I said we won't get a sequel to sidhe's title for well over a year by the looks of things so the Rugby 2005 might be the way to go!

knowsleyroader

Juniors
I still dont think EA take the rugby franchise seriously. Its all very well throwing money at the situation, but if they keep giving the development to the wrong people then Rugby 2005 etc will be a complete bag of shite year after year.

Sidhe have already proved they ARE the right people for the job and I wouldnt be surprised if we see another league game back end of next year.

The previous game was a success no question about it and I could see no point in delaying the making of a sequel whatsoever. Chances are they have just not announced it yet to keep the competition guessing and also the emails from us to a minimum :D

Dont be too shocked to hear RL 2005 announced first few months of next year along with probably some jaw dropping media.

strong_latte

Juniors
knowsleyroader said:
I still dont think EA take the rugby franchise seriously. Its all very well throwing money at the situation, but if they keep giving the development to the wrong people then Rugby 2005 etc will be a complete bag of sh*te year after year.

Sidhe have already proved they ARE the right people for the job and I wouldnt be surprised if we see another league game back end of next year.

The previous game was a success no question about it and I could see no point in delaying the making of a sequel whatsoever. Chances are they have just not announced it yet to keep the competition guessing and also the emails from us to a minimum :D

Dont be too shocked to hear RL 2005 announced first few months of next year along with probably some jaw dropping media.

I seriously hope your right mate, but Rugby 2005 will be out first no doubt about it, so it'll have to be able to surpass that for it to have the same success as the original title... Also, like someone said on another thread, I think if they are going to release it near the end of the 2005 season, then maybe they should wait untill the 2006 starts so the game has the rosters and jerseys all updated...

agerules13

Juniors
i have rugby 2004 to tell you the truth i think its crap when you go to kick it doesnt slow down so there is no time 2 kick the rules are weird and if nrl make a new nrl game for 2006 i wont like it i want 2004 teams with fittler and especialy minichello ( he rules) i dont have nrl i hired over the weekend and my brother said it was stupied but i find it very fun until yu win all the championships

-JJ-

Juniors
While Rugby 2004 was a pile of ass, Rugby 2005 will be a great improvement. They've already got some features out (see my signature), which would indicate more quality over quantity this time (for example, around 38 stadia this time instead of around 60). They still have some problems, like me emailing nearly every contact for EA/HB I can think of and getting absolutely no reply.

But personally, I can't wait to see some screenshots and more information about this game.

As for Sidhe, I still hope for a Sidhe union game, but I also look for forward to their next league game.

sunny

I'd buy another rl game as long as anyone to do with the first one is kept well, well away from it.

Latest posts