What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IS there some trouble at the jets !!??? Midseason again like last year ??

2 True Blues

Coach
Injury Update
Monday, July 28, 2008
The Sydney Roosters have two injury concerns out of yesterday's win over Manly.
Shaun Kenny-Dowall has torn his medial ligament and will miss four weeks.
Frank-Paul Nuuausala has a fractured eye socket and will also miss four weeks.
James Aubusson has reaggravated his ankle in training last week and will be monitored during the week ahead of this weekend's game.

Apparently Foley may be back from injury however may play NRL this weekend against Cowboys. ?? Sa may ?/ also be back from injury for the Roosters ( fingers crossed ).

What kinda side are we gonna have left now after those recent holes are filled. ?

Terry-Randal

Juniors
whats the chances of the jets coming back again i used to love the manly vs newtown at henson park they were the days of true football.

2 True Blues

Coach
Those days are still on in most opinions on here matey. lol....

Though we will never see the jets back in the NRL as it currently stands IMO.

2 True Blues

Coach
And to add further worries :

Byron FORD out for rest of season !!?? Crucial ligiment. !!!

Did Jimmy Anderson get over his injury also ??

brendothejet

First Grade
sounds to me like there are too many f-ing prima donnas down there at the cup side.

shame because that aint what the jets are about.

I blame the rooster element for bring wankers to the party. ;)

D

Deleted member 10972

Actually a crisis of injury (Minichiello, SKD, Nuuausala, J Aubusson, Sa) and suspension (Myles) is why Jets players Shackleton, Grose, M Paea along with younguns Friend and Cherrington are in FG.

D

Deleted member 10972

Brendo i don't know if you have been watching the news, but Minichiello's injury isn't anything soft, its a serious serious back injury. Frank-Paul had a huge headclash and shattered his eye socket, not too soft either. And as for Myles, well his suspension was for piledriving Ben Cross...it looked worth it, Cross is a prick.

2 True Blues

Coach
Jets have to win against Auckland this Rd. A "must" win game if we want to stay in the top 4 IMO. What ya reckon Brendo ??

It's gonna take some heart from who is left in our side to beat em IMO also, even though the first time we played them at Henson ( when they beat us by 1 point ), it was a very under par perfromance from our side in the 2nd half of that game.) They will be big and strong at home, and are desperate to get back into the top 8.

Tough game.

2 True Blues

Coach
With SOO having it's effects, , Injuries to key players, is this perhaps another midseason prob for us when we were just starting to cement a spot in the top 4 in the 2008 !???.

Cant be a good thing for us midseason, when we are struggling to field a side after this weeks team list etc. What is doing ?? cannot be good right !?

*** Still no opinions re this original question guys/gals ?? ***

Auckland 32 - Newtown 12.

Still no comments on this thread topic anyone, ( or will 4 losses in a row be worthy of a discussion ).?

Though it seems the horse has up and bolted in any case now already.

PS... I can't say I for one was surprised though. Saw it coming. It was rather blatent in fact.

Anyone see this game ?? Hear Micahel WITT was back for em , though it would seem we are the current walkovers of this comp right now, come business end centenary year, as well.:?

Kiss goodbye to the top 4 . We will more than likely just hold it on 4 and against alone after this weekend. Surely Windsor will win.

I heard Manly won again so, the top 3 is now a distant memory . Must hold onto the 4th place position though now. With everything left in the tank, till ( maybe ) some players shall come back to the ranks from injury etc.

I think we will still make the 8. But we will " have " to have a top 4 start to the semi's if we stand any chance at all this season. ( with roosters playing NRL semi footy ) we have to finish in the top 4 IMO. Somehow !?

kess

Juniors
I hope its note or doom. jets have got few out. the sides jets are playing have got alot of 1st grade playing in there ranks.I hope we get a few back soon. Its not all lost yet.

D

Deleted member 10972

Over the next month, Minichiello, Myles, Nuuausala, J Aubusson, Sa, SKD are all due back...which means that you guys should be able to have back Grose, Nuuausala, Shackleton, M Paea.

2 True Blues

Coach
Over the next month, Minichiello, Myles, Nuuausala, J Aubusson, Sa, SKD are all due back...which means that you guys should be able to have back Grose, Nuuausala, Shackleton, M Paea.

5 comp games left Mack.

SKD and frank Paul out for 4 weeks.

Byron FORD. Well that loss speaks for itself. One of our biggest try scorers all season . One of our big guns in attack. Gone for the season. !!! ( Though maybe back for semi's etc. Memories of Tate MOSLEY in yr 2000, and Frank SAMIA ( for EG ) in more recent times there for me come business end ). But.............!?:?

Aubs and Minichello still under injury cload, even when/if they rtn IMO.

Grose ( MMmmm pretty good for us ). But Shack ( 2 games for us and 2 losses ) I dont know yet ? Does he want to play for us ??.

But will take Micky back anyday. Any jets side without him has no hope IMO. And apparently a lack of passion for the jersey.

Last edited:

2 True Blues

Coach
sounds to me like there are too many f-ing prima donnas down there at the cup side.

shame because that aint what the jets are about.

I blame the rooster element for bring wankers to the party. ;)

Are you on the piss Brendo !?

The clubs link with the Roosters is a great thing IMO !

greg

Juniors
This is getting depressing. Nothing like injuries to derail what was shaping as a very promising season. I still don't think the fat lady is singing just yet though.

2 True Blues

Coach
This is getting depressing. Nothing like injuries to derail what was shaping as a very promising season. I still don't think the fat lady is singing just yet though.

I know what you mean Greg truly do mate. But without depth IMO we just cannot have a successful season. This has been proven now IMO, yet again.

We need a solid junior ( either A grade or Jim Beam base ) Brendojet-(farkin anyone got a comment on this one ) ??

And was it a " lack of forsight or a lack of funds " that did not perhaps buy some midseason quality available players " in centenary year " rather than losing some, yet again.??

Just not good Greg.

Jets made a grand final for instance several seasons ago and went well in the semi's also. A fact due to the NRL side not faring so well in that particular season IMO. A factor IMO party due to the fact that the Sharks/Roosters or whatever side we feed ( our NRL feeder side that season ) did not make the NRL semi final chase with any threat that same season either. But if the NRL side are going well, and make the NRL semi finals. It appears to me, that after a long season of injuries taken into effect, this is rarely a winning formula for the reserve grade ( feeder side ).

Having said that. I noticed the Roosters under 20's are coming second last in the comp, ( only 4 wins ? ). And after a solid recent history of making the grand finals in that comp equivelant , as well. Maybe they have some more Cherrington's and Freinds up their sleeves yet, that (as that side are not faring so well,) They might want to give some a run in NSWRL prior to season end.

I mean take Parra the last few seasons. They have only won the NSWRL G/Final as their NRL side has failed in the NRL comp. Thus they have players available for it, etc.

I think we need to instal more depth for season 2009.

Having said that still. No fat lady singing, but she would certainly be a little closer to warming up Greg after 3 losses in a row IMO. And it worries me.

A top 4 spot is essential, if we want to make it 08 IMO.

PS... Go The Jets ....

Last edited:

Jeffles

Bench
Auckland were a much bigger side. Newtown didn't take advantage of the breeze they had in the second half and Newtow nmade a few mistakes in their own half that the Vulcans capitalised on.

Not the best away triup I've made but we're still 4th. Lots of injuries unfortunately. That's the nature of NSW Cup. Injuries and the number of full time NRL players in your team often makes the difference.

Last edited: