What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IS there some trouble at the jets !!??? Midseason again like last year ??

2 True Blues

Coach
With SOO having it's effects, , Injuries to key players, is this perhaps another midseason prob for us when we were just starting to cement a spot in the top 4 in the 2008 !???.

Whats this I am hearing about Branigan and Ayoub from the Jim beam thread on NSWRL ???

Cant be a good thing for us midseason, when we are struggling to field a side after this weeks team list etc. What is doing ?? cannot be good right !?

2 True Blues

Coach
I went over there for an attempt to findout some info about the new named players in jets lineup and got this one from " Roland " for starters/make of this what you will, but it would appear some are not that happy. Hope the NEW blokes go ok .

"Jai Ayoub has a contract with the Roosters but Newtown didnt pick him and Chester Hill didnt pick him so he started playing with Belrose even though the contract is still in place."

2 True Blues

Coach
And " Terry the Parra God " ( with obvious btw the lines satisfaction posts )::

"Rumour has it that Branighan has departed from the JEts and therefore will not play for the Rhino's again.
Instead he will line up with Cabramatta on the weekend.
Silly of the Jets to let him go."

2 True Blues

Coach
Roland then tactifully adds :

"What about Donny Thompson. Is he going to do the same thing or will be stick with Rhinos in the hope he gets promoted."

Which reminds me that this bloke is still dwindling their after being a part of most of the 2008 winning sides all season long !!!

PS.... Still scratching my head at Ben GREENS fall from favourite after doing nothing apparently also to deserve it !!?? Whenever he comes into the side we win well. !!

2 True Blues

Coach
Apparently Micky PAEA ( thank god !! Heart of the team ) rejected a mid season offer from canberra also.

*** Just seems like we may be a little struggled this weekend against the Dogs !!?? Feels bad guys !! opinions anyone. !?? Or more to the point. Any info that may verify some of the above either way anyone !!??

May be just a sh*t stir after all.

PS... Maybe the new blokes shall go better !!!

2 True Blues

Coach
Such DRASTIC changes to what has been pretty much a winning formula to me. Midseason. Cannot be a great thing though, surely !!!

2 True Blues

Coach
S-Rd13-LukeM-Fieldgoal.jpg

Luke Millwood secures the draw with a field goal.
Thank you, Luke, and farewell.

Taken from the jets website www.newtownjets.com.au. So have we lost Luke as well now !!??

19 all to the Bulldogs was a real worry last weekend as well. Though I did feel that one coming ..........

D

Deleted member 10972

With the Roosters at full strength, Jets can still field:

Shaun Foley
Byron Ford
Brent Grose
Albert Hopoate
Tevita Folau
Sean Rudder
Ben Green
Steve Meredith
Rory Kostjaysn
Frank-Paul Nuuausala
Mickey Paea
Shane Shackleton (when he returns from injury)
Jimmy Andersen

Luke Gordon/Tyrone Shelley
Danny Howard
Khalid Deeb
Ray Moujalli

Rudder will be prioritized by Jets now that he is a contracted NRL player, and with the Jets depth at backrow, he will most likely play 5-8, signaling the end of Branighan's run. Ayoub was awful for Jets, wasn't needed. As for Millwood, well it was always a tussle between him and Green, i assume Green has won the spot.

Either way, you can still field a VERY good team.

2 True Blues

Coach
I'd say there is whole lot more to the Millwood story than is apparent from an outside club perspective. But anyway.

Hopoate and Folou's defence is a constant worry to me. Open the flood gates mate.

PS... Anyone know if Foley's injury was serious ??

Here is a write up from the Cabra game with Branigan onboard last week as well:

see below.

2 True Blues

Coach
source: cabra website

BLUES HOOK THEMSELVES SOME MARLIN

The Cabramatta Two Blues turned in there most clinical performance of the season as they hooked themselves the prize scalp of the third place Shellharbour Marlins with a 36-20 victory. While the scoreline finished respectable with two late tries to the Marlins, the two-blues were never really challenged and had the game well within their grasp. The Blues led from the outset with two tries in the opening 10 minutes taking them to a 12-0 lead before the Marlins got on the scoreboard with an against the run of play 50m intercept try. The two Blues extended their lead to 18-6 shortly after before the Marlins crossed for a soft try 4 minutes out from half time to reduce the lead to 18-12.
Another halftime pep talk from caretaker coach Corey Ruttle saw the Blues pile on 18 unanswered points and put the game beyond doubt before the Marlins crossed for the final two tries late in the game to add some respectability to the scoreline. The win will narrow the gap between the top 5 teams and can largely be attributed to the return of halfback Luke Brannigan who signed with the Club midweek after spending most of the season with the Newtown Jets NSW Cup side. Brannigan, who was instrumental in the Blues winning run last season, turned in a brilliant first up performance scoring a try and laying on 4 others on his way to claiming the Players Player award.
"Brannigan was outstanding for us today, he plays direct at the line and creates a lot of opportunities for his outside men. He keeps the opposition guessing everytime he has the ball and he really guides the side around the paddock well," said Ruttle.
The player that benefited from Brannigans creativity the most was eventual Man of the Match Aaron Fluke who crossed for a hat-trick of tries and kicked 6 goals from 7 attempts. His 24 point haul ensuring the two-blues were victorious. Other players to impress were centre Louis Vaiotu and Replacement forward Albert Tuara.
"I don't think we had a bad player on the field. It's hard to single any particular player out because we played really well as the one unit, but Brannigan and Fluke deserve a mention, as does Louis Vaiotu who I believe will play NRL one day and Tuara who played 55 minutes straight for us when he came on," added Ruttle.
The victory was all the more special considering Captain and Combined Jim Beam Cup Representative side front rower Chris Yates withdrew from the side on gameday after a slight tinge in his hamstring following training. The loss of Yates up front and with leading tryscorer James Trotter still out with injury, it was feared the two blues could have been vulnerable.
The Two Blues head to Campbelltown Stadium on Sunday, July 6th at 3pm to take on the Campbelltown Eagles. Make sure you come along as the Two Blues hope to make it three wins in succession.
Tries - Aaron Fluke (3), Francis Vaiotu (2) & Luke Brannigan Goals - Aaron Fluke 6 from 7.

2 True Blues

Coach
Surely he did not ' want ' to take a step back to Beam Cup one would assume though by his own choice !?? Surely.

Noticed Shelley scored a couple of trys against the Berries the other day, how did tyhe other new blokes go. Looks like they are not up to the pace of P/league perhaps. As yet.

outsider

Juniors
Branighan did not play to the coaches instructions for several weeks and he along with millwood tended to kick for each other. When they were dropped they were not happy and at one stage Millwood did not even speak to the coaching staff until he was promoted again.
Gordon I believe has also gone to Windsor but no great loss either he was selfish and played for himself. He was rejected by the Roosters walked out on the Magpies as well has attitude issues.
Good luck to them all for the future but spitting the dummy is a character trait that no club requires.
The Rhino's do not like playing the Jets players as they feel their squad is stronger and young Shelly has not played this year for them even when named on the bench but brings great enthusiasm and hussle.
Do not fret too much about their leaving as all clubs lose players prior to June 30 it happens every year to every club.

Bow_rider

Juniors
I'd say there is whole lot more to the Millwood story than is apparent from an outside club perspective. But anyway.

Hopoate and Folou's defence is a constant worry to me. Open the flood gates mate.

PS... Anyone know if Foley's injury was serious ??
Milwood seems to leave every club that drops him.2006 left Burleigh Bears when he got dropped to reserve grade.Certainly a player that has a bigger wrap on himself than is warrented.This will be his 5th club in 3 years.

Here is a write up from the Cabra game with Branigan onboard last week as well:

see below.

2 True Blues

Coach
Branighan did not play to the coaches instructions for several weeks and he along with millwood tended to kick for each other. When they were dropped they were not happy and at one stage Millwood did not even speak to the coaching staff until he was promoted again.
Gordon I believe has also gone to Windsor but no great loss either he was selfish and played for himself. He was rejected by the Roosters walked out on the Magpies as well has attitude issues.
Good luck to them all for the future but spitting the dummy is a character trait that no club requires.
The Rhino's do not like playing the Jets players as they feel their squad is stronger and young Shelly has not played this year for them even when named on the bench but brings great enthusiasm and hussle.
Do not fret too much about their leaving as all clubs lose players prior to June 30 it happens every year to every club.

Playing for "the Royal Blue jersey with passion " has always been an essential thing for a jets player in the opinion of this fan. If that be the case. All and good I suppose mate. Ta for info. Appreciated.

But, a few other things mate ?

So Shelley has been playing where if not getting a run with the rhino's !?

And they feel their squad is stonger without jets players.:sarcasm: LMFAO.... The only time they win a fricken game is when someone of quality ( Jets signings ) are starring for em. lol... !!??

This year is just very important to me. That all. Sorry . But it would be nice to GAIN a signing midseason rather than always losing players mate. IMO. ;-)

Though I have heard that apparently some old faces from the old Jets beams sides are re-appearing for the rhino's now midseason !??

Tyrone Shelley has been training with the jets the whole season even though he didnt get picked.He played 2 games i think with the Rhinos and got injured and missed a few weeks and was not picked again but was training and showing up to every game the jets played.I think he is only 19yold.:cool:

2 True Blues

Coach
Cheers for that mate.

Hope he goes well now he has got the chance then.

Lance Thompson seems to be doing some wonders now he is Sharks coach. Trevor Shodel as assistant/coach.

Sharks will be strong this weekend, coming off a win against North Sydney

D

Deleted member 10972

Now Jets strongest team is :

Laiseni (Foley injured)
Ford
Hopoate
Grose
Folau
Rudder (Branighan gone)
Green (Ayoub, Millwood gone)
Meredith