What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IS there some trouble at the jets !!??? Midseason again like last year ??

Jeffles

Bench
White with three blue stripes on the sleeves. A funny collar.

When I can be bothered, I'll put a photo up.

THECURSEDJET

Juniors
5 comp games left Mack.

SKD and frank Paul out for 4 weeks.

Byron FORD. Well that loss speaks for itself. One of our biggest try scorers all season . One of our big guns in attack. Gone for the season. !!! ( Though maybe back for semi's etc. Memories of Tate MOSLEY in yr 2000, and Frank SAMIA ( for EG ) in more recent times there for me come business end ). But.............!?:?

Aubs and Minichello still under injury cload, even when/if they rtn IMO.

Grose ( MMmmm pretty good for us ). But Shack ( 2 games for us and 2 losses ) I dont know yet ? Does he want to play for us ??.

But will take Micky back anyday. Any jets side without him has no hope IMO. And apparently a lack of passion for the jersey.

if you spent a bob and travelled instead of depending on everybody else for game reports you would have seen Shack run down outside backs twice against Windsor making try saving tackles, with idiotic comments like that from imbo's like you, is it any wonder the Roosters players don't play to their full potential when they come back to the Jets?

I think both or at least one of those tackes Shane made was a try saver.I thought he played well both games.Quite a few players have had good games but it dosnt look like we gel together and things dont turn our way.:cool:

THECURSEDJET

Juniors
I think both or at least one of those tackes Shane made was a try saver.I thought he played well both games.Quite a few players have had good games but it dosnt look like we gel together and things dont turn our way.:cool:

I am for ever being critisied for my comments, I agree whole heartedly that the team has had a mixture of individuals playing well in a disjointed team due too the releases being granted mid season of key players who filled key positions. I put this down too weak people running the club, people who fail to see the timber through the woods, Luke Gordon left! why? Like Millwood left, not yet been sighted in the Cowboys feeder team in the QLD cup (although I don't blame him for seeking a release to play with an NRL club) Luke Branighan left, for what? JIM BEAM CUP? Jai Ayoub left for JIM BEAM CUP please! thank god we have no more Luke's in the club or we would be extinct

Ram Man

Juniors
I am for ever being critisied for my comments, I agree whole heartedly that the team has had a mixture of individuals playing well in a disjointed team due too the releases being granted mid season of key players who filled key positions. I put this down too weak people running the club, people who fail to see the timber through the woods, Luke Gordon left! why? Like Millwood left, not yet been sighted in the Cowboys feeder team in the QLD cup (although I don't blame him for seeking a release to play with an NRL club) Luke Branighan left, for what? JIM BEAM CUP? Jai Ayoub left for JIM BEAM CUP please! thank god we have no more Luke's in the club or we would be extinct

Luke Millwood has already played for Northern Pride in the QLD Cup.
From what I am told Luke Branigan left because he wasnt getting a run at the Roosters so he went to get more cash at Cabra and Jai Ayoub hadnt gotten a run all year for the Jets, and was told he was unlikely to get a run with Newtown by the coaching staff.
All he wanted to do was play footy.
There is nothing wrong with the Standard of the Jim Beam Cup.
Why do so many people put NSW Cup on a pedastal.
Anyone would think that the 2 comps are light years away from each other.
They are pretty much that same, with NSW Cup being slightly quicker...That is it!

2 True Blues

Coach
is it any wonder the Roosters players don't play to their full potential when they come back to the Jets?

So I take it it is your opinion that "the Rooster's players don't play to their full potential " when they come " back " to the Jets ?

Any chance of eloborating on " your " opinion further.

Well that is what you said, so obviously you must feel this way.

I actually never said that myself. On the contrary I was hoping for the likes of Micky PAEA , and Frank Paul Nuuasala to rtn to our ranks. As I have constantly stated. Are they not still Rooster players ?? ( as you put it ). :lol:

:lol::cool:

THECURSEDJET

Juniors
Luke Millwood has already played for Northern Pride in the QLD Cup.
From what I am told Luke Branigan left because he wasnt getting a run at the Roosters so he went to get more cash at Cabra and Jai Ayoub hadnt gotten a run all year for the Jets, and was told he was unlikely to get a run with Newtown by the coaching staff.
All he wanted to do was play footy.
There is nothing wrong with the Standard of the Jim Beam Cup.
Why do so many people put NSW Cup on a pedastal.
Anyone would think that the 2 comps are light years away from each other.
They are pretty much that same, with NSW Cup being slightly quicker...That is it!

I'll take your word on Millwood (he has not been listed in the big league) and if Branigan ever thought he was a chance at playing 1st grade he needs to sleep with a mirror and wake up to himself, as for Ayoub, with the loss of 2 half's wouldn't it have been half smart too have kept him?

THECURSEDJET

Juniors
So I take it it is your opinion that "the Rooster's players don't play to their full potential " when they come " back " to the Jets ?

Any chance of eloborating on " your " opinion further.

Well that is what you said, so obviously you must feel this way.

I actually never said that myself. On the contrary I was hoping for the likes of Micky PAEA , and Frank Paul Nuuasala to rtn to our ranks. As I have constantly stated. Are they not still Rooster players ?? ( as you put it ). :lol:

:lol::cool:

In my opinion "NO" I don't think the roosters players play to their full potential when they go back too Newtown, I think that the lack of quality players in the VB cup, the poor facility's on offer and a lack of professionalism is the cause for not only the Roosters players, but all 1st graders that get dropped back to the VB cup team associated with a 1st grade squad for playing below their true potential.

2 True Blues

Coach
In my opinion "NO" I don't think the roosters players play to their full potential when they go back too Newtown, I think that the lack of quality players in the VB cup, the poor facility's on offer and a lack of professionalism is the cause for not only the Roosters players, but all 1st graders that get dropped back to the VB cup team associated with a 1st grade squad for playing below their true potential.

I would beg to differ that Micky PAEA ( A rooster player ) actually plays under par when in any side, let alone ( players player week in and out ) for the jets . Is he included in your feelings re this. OR is it a secluded few " kinda thing " for you.

Thats a long sentence TCJ, lot's of comma's , admidst a shortage of stoppages. Have you re -read it yourself.?:lol:;-)

But as you say it may be the case with some. Take NUTLEY for instance. Hope it is not with too many though hey ? I dont think it is though, most are happy from what I hear.

Just hope we get some players back from injury soon, thats all. We have 5 games left. I cant remember a season we have beaten Parra/Wenty twice in a season yet since yr 2000, and we still have to play ( level on pts with us Windsor again yet ). Newcastle,cent/coast, and Tig's being our other 3 games , and although we beat each of those sides first game around some were very close games with a side that had other faces in it, at that time. ( Windsor only just beat Tig's last weekend by 4 points ) so Tig's for starters are not to be underestimated.

It's the time of year that the teams that have an NRL chance, and the teams that dont have one, shall effect the apple cart that "was" current form. For better or worse IMO>

So it could be a worry unless our team lifts next week. I 4 one really hope they can, and do.

It's got to the stage where they really " have ' to now. Pressure on , with bad form. Not good ??

Bring out Tommy and Col MURPHY for a pre-match chat with this side.!!!

PS.... Come On BlueBags. !!!

Last edited:

2 True Blues

Coach
White with three blue stripes on the sleeves. A funny collar.

When I can be bothered, I'll put a photo up.

So can you be bothered yet. !? Some people have bills to pay etc and can't afford the airfare tickets to NZ mate. lol....;-) Lucky bugger....lol

Even though I (and my family ) still buy season passes/tkts to Henson just to support the club , (even though I dont expect to make most of the games after moving to Canberra last year.)
It's rare not seeing the Jets week in out like I have consistently ( bar the N/QLD games when they were away and in the comp ) since yr 2000. It's a support kinda thing right. Buying tkts in advance for a game you know you will not probably be able to see. Jets Support. :sarcasm:;-)

Photo's Jeffles would be appreciated mate. !?

Last edited:

THECURSEDJET

Juniors
I would beg to differ that Micky PAEA ( A rooster player ) actually plays under par when in any side, let alone ( players player week in and out ) for the jets . Is he included in your feelings re this. OR is it a secluded few " kinda thing " for you.

Thats a long sentence TCJ, lot's of comma's , admidst a shortage of stoppages. Have you re -read it yourself.?:lol:;-)

But as you say it may be the case with some. Take NUTLEY for instance. Hope it is not with too many though hey ? I dont think it is though, most are happy from what I hear.

Just hope we get some players back from injury soon, thats all. We have 5 games left. I cant remember a season we have beaten Parra/Wenty twice in a season yet since yr 2000, and we still have to play ( level on pts with us Windsor again yet ). Newcastle,cent/coast, and Tig's being our other 3 games , and although we beat each of those sides first game around some were very close games with a side that had other faces in it, at that time. ( Windsor only just beat Tig's last weekend by 4 points ) so Tig's for starters are not to be underestimated.

It's the time of year that the teams that have an NRL chance, and the teams that dont have one, shall effect the apple cart that "was" current form. For better or worse IMO>

So it could be a worry unless our team lifts next week. I 4 one really hope they can, and do.

It's got to the stage where they really " have ' to now. Pressure on , with bad form. Not good ??

Bring out Tommy and Col MURPHY for a pre-match chat with this side.!!!

PS.... Come On BlueBags. !!!

when you don't make a spelling mistake(too many to highlight) I will use the correct punctuation............ I always thought you were a shallow person, now you have just high-lightened the fact further more.

Ram Man

Juniors
I'll take your word on Millwood (he has not been listed in the big league) and if Branigan ever thought he was a chance at playing 1st grade he needs to sleep with a mirror and wake up to himself, as for Ayoub, with the loss of 2 half's wouldn't it have been half smart too have kept him?

No because there was still Sean Rudder, Ben Green and Rory Kostysen all capable of playing in the halves, and as I said earlier, he was told by the coaching staff that he probably wont get a run all year. So he came to Belrose, and has fit it really well with the boys and has played some solid footy.
Why waste time staying at a club when you cant play footy?
Incidentally, Luke Millwod has been named at Halfback for the Northern Pride this weekend.

2 True Blues

Coach
No because there was still Sean Rudder, Ben Green and Rory Kostysen all capable of playing in the halves, and as I said earlier, he was told by the coaching staff that he probably wont get a run all year. So he came to Belrose, and has fit it really well with the boys and has played some solid footy.
Why waste time staying at a club when you cant play footy?
Incidentally, Luke Millwod has been named at Halfback for the Northern Pride this weekend.

Hope Luke goes well mate. ;-)

greg

Juniors
Thanks Enmore. Thats not a bad looking jersey. NRL clubs go overboard with alternative strips, ours is not bad at all. I didn't realise how big Steve Meredith was till I saw that team picture. Glad I don't have to tackle him.

2 True Blues

Coach
Thanks Enmore. Thats not a bad looking jersey. NRL clubs go overboard with alternative strips, ours is not bad at all. I didn't realise how big Steve Meredith was till I saw that team picture. Glad I don't have to tackle him.

Have we lost a game with Meredith, Micky PAEA, and Frank Paul -Nuuassala in it all season.?? I dont think so. Great combo. Things go right when these blokes are together in the side. Though it's been a while since they have unfortunately. I really rate Meredith. Plays hard for us too. :cool:

It is a big letdown when your team looses a hooker Luke Gordon, a Halfback Luke Millwood and a five eight Luke Branighan in the same WEEK.If any of the other top 8 teams did that the same would happen to them they would loose games they could of won.I have watched every game we have played except for the auckland but saw it on dvd and even if we had Frank Pual, Mickey,Shacks and Grose we would still struggle cuase we havent had the players who left replaced with players of the same ability.I dont think in the history of league that has happened before.I may be wrong.:cool:

2 True Blues

Coach
Reminded me of last season mate, that was why I started this thread.

What have we won now. One game in the last 5 or something.

I was hoping they may have signed some new blokes of a good calibre midseason, instead of letting heaps go as usual.

We need to win mate.

Latest posts