What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this Mitchell Pearce's last chance in Origin?

How many State of Origin matches will Mitchell Piss play?

• Zero

Votes: 7 53.8%

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • None

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Hench

Juniors
22 years old and it's the end of the line for young Mitchell.

Carney's not playing good enough to save him. There is only 1 Johns brother on TV now talking him up every chance he gets. Gould said on the Roast that he hasn't developed as a halfback at the rate he should have. Soward's a better kicker then him.

He spent 3 games doing nothing but kicking it to Folau. The kick at the end of Game 3, 2008 just exactly showed his limited skill range.

Wednesday night at about 9.45 pm will be the end of this overrated hack's rep career. And that's a bad thing for QLDers.

Sleep

Juniors
I doubt it. There's no other NSW halfback sticking his hand up and pushing him for selection. I think Mitchell Pearce will be the long term NSW halfback for a long time to come.

Soward will get punted before Pearce does.

Hench

Juniors
I doubt it. There's no other NSW halfback sticking his hand up and pushing him for selection. I think Mitchell Pearce will be the long term NSW halfback for a long time to come.

Fine by me. :lol:

Hutty1986

Immortal

And what a sad, damning insight that is into the mindset of NSW selectors :crazy:

perverse

Referee
Mullen has gone to shit the past 2 weeks, which is his modus operandi for this time of the season, so i don't see any pressure on Pearce. i'd say there's a good chance of Pearce and Soward playing all 3 games, and really it's the way it probably should be. if Pearce can't show form across the entire series, then look at other options.

just be very afraid if Pearce plays horribly and Kurt Gidley comes back to club footy in good form. we don't want Ricky getting tempted by silly ideas.

Gaba

First Grade
carney is a better halfback then pearce ,in fact most of the halfbacks going around are better then pearce

TiggaPlease

I think the aimless bomb on the fifth will suit Sticky's game plan perfectly and he's assured of a spot as long as Stuart remains coach/selector.

adamkungl

Immortal
Morons. He's only 22, didn't play badly in his previous rep matches, and remains the best rep-eligible halfback in NSW. He clearly was instructed to take a back seat to Barrett last series, either that or Barrett was just hogging it.

lol @ picking out a specific kick from 3 years ago when he wasn't even 20 years old.

Johns Magic

Referee
Because Pearce has been "the chosen one" since day dot, he will keep his spot regardless of his performances until someone else steps up. And by the time that happens, he will probably be captain of the side and the other person will be forced to play 5/8 to accomodate Pearce.

Hench

Juniors
Morons. He's only 22, didn't play badly in his previous rep matches, and remains the best rep-eligible halfback in NSW. He clearly was instructed to take a back seat to Barrett last series, either that or Barrett was just hogging it.

lol @ picking out a specific kick from 3 years ago when he wasn't even 20 years old.

Sirens gone, 40 metres out and need a try to win so what does the Chosen One do? Kick the ball dead in goal even though Slater and Boyd were both there to clear it up .

Funny thing is that him not being 20 is not an excuse. Because he would probably do the exact same thing now. :lol:

redvscotty

First Grade
Because of his last name, he could throw the losing intercept pass to Boyd to run 80 metres for a try and Snowden sitting on the bench would get dropped with the blame.

Springs

First Grade
I always wonder why the Roosters seem to play better with Anasta and Carney in the halves...

adamkungl

Immortal
Who should be NSW 7 then? Mullen? :lol: Roosters best player yesterday. Pearce has been better than Mullen for over 3 years and still is.

RABK

Referee
I thought Carney looked sharp at times at 7 yesterday with some great running, passing and kicking.

6. Soward
7. Carney

Mullen is inconsistent behind an awful team. Pearce is inconsistent behind a GF team. Both shouldn't be Blues.

Last edited:

Latest posts