What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this the end?

Titanic

First Grade
Hey TT, drag yourself off the floor and put Roberts' in perspective.

Was he really the best centre on the planet in 2015? Morris, Gagai, Lyon, Chalmbers and how many others?

He was certainly our best centre but then what did we have? Zillman, ffs? Were his defensive lapses on the right side the reason we lost those close games? Yeah, sure his tries won us some too but Mead got the ball how often?

I'm unhappy about Annersley's pathetic leadership, Clark, the contract and the negotiations were all on his watch. I also think Roberts' has received some pretty poor advice but the club won't fold over this.

Pommy

Coach
As an outsider the club appears to be in total disarray. with the calls for a second Brisbane team whilst the NRL wanting to keep a presence on the Gold Coast I'm surprised a St George type arrangement hasn't been talked about more.

some11

Referee
If Searle had nothing to do with the club and May was kept on things would be going A LOT better.

Searle is a f**king cancer.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Anyone can see the situation at the Titans is dire. Is that a good enough reason to just pack it in? I don't think so. Stand by your team until the dying breath. Don't be like those other fair weather pricks who ditched the club after your first spoon in 2011. 4 years is all it took them to crack the shits and go home, so you're already ahead of them.

You may as well stick tough for the rest of the journey now, for good or ill. At least you can proudly say you were one of the few who went down with the ship.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
As an outsider the club appears to be in total disarray. with the calls for a second Brisbane team whilst the NRL wanting to keep a presence on the Gold Coast I'm surprised a St George type arrangement hasn't been talked about more.

South qld titans? 6 games at robina, 6 at lang park?

Hey TT, drag yourself off the floor and put Roberts' in perspective.

Was he really the best centre on the planet in 2015? Morris, Gagai, Lyon, Chalmbers and how many others?

He was certainly our best centre but then what did we have? Zillman, ffs? Were his defensive lapses on the right side the reason we lost those close games? Yeah, sure his tries won us some too but Mead got the ball how often?

I'm unhappy about Annersley's pathetic leadership, Clark, the contract and the negotiations were all on his watch. I also think Roberts' has received some pretty poor advice but the club won't fold over this.

I don't know how many more blows the club can take. It's going on 6 years without reaching the finals and heading into 2016 I feel we still have nothing to look forward to. We've just lost arguably our best player of 2015, in a key position that we've struggled with since our existence. To add insult to injury we lose him to the club down the road that has more than enough players in their side capable of winning a premiership as it is.

Yes, we've had a big clean-out at the end of the year but none of our signings have any 'wow' factor about them. Tyrone Roberts is the guy nobody wanted at Newcastle because he plays one good game in 3 months. David Shillington is the guy Raiders fans couldn't wait to see the back of because his best years are well behind him. Nathan Friend is the guy who is turning 55 next year. Zeb Taia is the guy who nobody remembers. Ash Taylor is the guy who has played about 20 minutes in first grade. And Copley - if we make a play for him - is just the guy Bennett doesn't want and Broncos supporters couldn't care less about anymore because they have Roberts.

Something still stinks at this club even after Cartwright & Searle left, and I don't see it going away any time soon.

And another thing, the loss of Roberts is huge for what fan base we have left. He is the type of player who puts bums on seats, something we REALLY need in these dark times. You go to a game at Cbus and 80% of the time there are more supporters of opposite teams in the stadium than there are Titans fans. When that is happening constantly then you know something is very, very wrong, and it makes you wonder how a club can continue to survive if barely any supporters of their team bothers to show up to home games.

Last edited:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Whats the strongest starting 13 for 2016?

Btw roberts must ha e a really good agent or friends in the media as he was being pumped up as the best thing since sliced bread. But imo he is a luxury player in that he is a great attacking weapon but also a defensive liability.

Stinks that the Broncos can get him though, most likely on yet another third party deal which in bronco land is guaranteed money. Imo third party deals should be banned and the cap increased.

Eelectrica

Referee
I was a supporter of the Titans, I thought this time it'd be different, that they had knowledgeable people up top. Somehow they still lurch from one stupid controversy to another.
On field losses and losing seasons I can take, it happens. But to constantly screw up in the front office, it's hard to stay as a fan with people up top seemingly determined to run the club into the ground.
If they could go one year without doing anything stupid, that would be a start.

Exsilium

First Grade
Is this the end? NO.

The NRL club is a sophisticated beast. From admin to back office, coaches and players, everyone has to be moving in the same direction. Over the last few years it has always felt like the club did "just enough" and it showed on a club administration level as well as on the field. People like Mayer should never have been allowed to step into your club. He has a track record of poor decisions and the club welcomed him. Needless to say how that all ended.

stop hiring "they'll do" types and get the people you need and it will all fall into place.

Card Shark

Immortal
I don't know how many more blows the club can take. It's going on 6 years without reaching the finals and heading into 2016 I feel we still have nothing to look forward to. We've just lost arguably our best player of 2015, in a key position that we've struggled with since our existence. To add insult to injury we lose him to the club down the road that has more than enough players in their side capable of winning a premiership as it is.

Chin up mate, I feel for ya, the Titans shouldn't be going that bad but they have been controlled by imbeciles.

Roberts is a big loss but obviously didn't want to be there, so you're better off without him...he's not all good mate.

Better times ahead!

mongoose

Coach
Just remember the Cowboys didn't make the finals until their 10th season! The Titans just need to work on promoting some local talent which will get the community behind them. The club has been a rabble off the field but I think they have bought too many NSW players over the years.

The Titans should try and poach some young Broncos and create some real hatred and rivalry between the clubs.