What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Tim Paine most uninspiring captain Ever??

mickeylane

Bench
I can’t believe this bloke is Australian cricket captain!! No inspiration, no captaincy smarts, talks like a schoolboy and has no muscle as a captain! Total waste of space!!

Virat Kohli on the other hand ..
#champion #inspirational #leadsby thefront

mickeylane

Bench
You've gotta be kidding.
WTF? Why have a go at the current Australian captain?
I think he is doing an excellent job. He speaks very well and is playing good hard aggressive cricket.
Seriously, give yourself an uppercut.
Are you serious! Do you follow cricket? He is useless ! No tactics, no strategy, no personality .. will be 2-0 down after this test!

Crush

Coach
Are you serious! Do you follow cricket? He is useless ! No tactics, no strategy, no personality .. will be 2-0 down after this test!
If we are 2 nil down after this test ot won't be because of Tim Paine, you just need to vilify someone to feel all warm and fuzzy.
If we are 2 nil down it will be because we are playing the best team in the world and our batting lineup is the weakest I can remember. And yes, I do watch a lot of cricket and therefore understand that Australia not being dominant at the moment has nothing to do with Tim Paine.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Anyone would think that by reading the OP, cricket isn’t a team oriented game.

But no, let’s blame Tim Paine because he’s “uninspiring”.

Please.

If the loss following the First Test is critiqued, it’s obvious to those with a modicum of cricketing knowledge that Australia failed because of poor shot selection in the second innings.

Nothing else.

In particular, Khawaja and Handscomb (twice). If these two had put away horizontal bat shots (when conditions indicated they would be a massive risk), the outcome would’ve been reversed.

Old Timer

Coach
I can’t believe this bloke is Australian cricket captain!! No inspiration, no captaincy smarts, talks like a schoolboy and has no muscle as a captain! Total waste of space!!

Virat Kohli on the other hand ..
#champion #inspirational #leadsby thefront
I suppose you want a bit of sand paper in the pocket inspirational type captaincy?
Somehow the batsmen not scoring enough runs is the fault of the captain?

Gippsy

Bench
Yeah, just because he doesn't carry on like a pork chop on the field doesn't mean he is uninspiring. For all these so-called "inspiring" captains we've had in the past, going back to the Steve Waugh days and his "mental disintegration" tactical crap, just look at the decline in the number of youngsters playing cricket and the behaviour of these junior cricketers when they do play. Cricket Australia has a lot to answer for.

A bloke like Tim Paine is just the sort of image Australian cricket needs at the moment.

mickeylane

Bench
I suppose you want a bit of sand paper in the pocket inspirational type captaincy?
Somehow the batsmen not scoring enough runs is the fault of the captain?
No not blaming batsmen - or even team perfornance - im criticizing the inept personality And captaincy of Tim Paine!! I’m blaming the captain who doesn’t know how to defend a first innings score of 318 - no idea!! no bat pad fielders on Kohli until he cracks, no fly slip when you know that Kohli has a tendency to flash outside the off stump late.. no attacking field set up whatsoever - can’t direct his bowlers to bowl to the field set plus the fact that he has the personality of a wet rag.. let me tell you if that was Mark taylor, Steve Waugh or Border captaining - the field set up would have been different and the decision making would be more inspiring... Tim Paine is lame and you need to accept this fact..

mickeylane

Bench
Yeah, just because he doesn't carry on like a pork chop on the field doesn't mean he is uninspiring. For all these so-called "inspiring" captains we've had in the past, going back to the Steve Waugh days and his "mental disintegration" tactical crap, just look at the decline in the number of youngsters playing cricket and the behaviour of these junior cricketers when they do play. Cricket Australia has a lot to answer for.

A bloke like Tim Paine is just the sort of image Australian cricket needs at the moment.
Stop it!! Please .. Tim Paine doesn’t deserve to be in the team let alone captain it.
Taylor
Border
Waugh
Kim Hughes
Chappell
Are real captains !!!

Gippsy

Bench
No not blaming batsmen - or even team perfornance - im criticizing the inept personality And captaincy of Tim Paine!! I’m blaming the captain who doesn’t know how to defend a first innings score of 318 - no idea!! no bat pad fielders on Kohli until he cracks, no fly slip when you know that Kohli has a tendency to flash outside the off stump late.. no attacking field set up whatsoever - can’t direct his bowlers to bowl to the field set plus the fact that he has the personality of a wet rag.. let me tell you if that was Mark taylor, Steve Waugh or Border captaining - the field set up would have been different and the decision making would be more inspiring... Tim Paine is lame and you need to accept this fact..

lol... blaming Tim Paine... hahaha

Look at our top 6 batsmen. They are the ones who are not good enough to be in the team. That's the problem and that's something the captain can't fix!!

Better than Widdop.

And Langer is better than Mary.

Hope that puts things into perspective for you.

Straight Shooter

Gippsy

Bench
Stop it!! Please .. Tim Paine doesn’t deserve to be in the team let alone captain it.
Taylor
Border
Waugh
Kim Hughes
Chappell
Are real captains !!!

Kim Hughes...hahaha... there goes your whole argument

The best captain you've named was Ian Chappel and he couldn't even help this team we've got. Cricket Australia has to take ownership for the debacle we've become, admit we are in a rebuilding phase and start picking some youngsters to replace the likes of Finch & Marsh etc

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Of course, none of this goes to heart of an entirely different issue.

The lack of experience in the side.

Excluding Paine, what realistic options are there? Finch? khawaja? Both are hanging onto their respective spots by a thread. Neither fit the assertive Ian Chappell mould either. Marsh? He’s the best batsman in the side (when in form), but his inconsistencies are frustrating.

Who else?

The bowlers: Cummins, Starc, Hazlewood and Lyon?

I don’t think so.

Paine is the only option and considering the state of flux Cricket Australia is in, he’s doing an admirable job.

Postscript; if you really want to be critical, have a go at the absurd decision to appoint TWO vice captains (one of who has been dropped)! Does anyone really believe that if something bad happened to the wicketkeeper, Josh Hazlewood would be capable of captaining the side?

Good one.

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

The difference here is that Border, Taylor and Waugh had vastly stronger teams that what Paine currently commands.