What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Tim Paine most uninspiring captain Ever??

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I'm guessing he wants Warner now that Smith is out. It fits his modus operandi. Who the hell would know Jimmy. He does call Warner, Davey, which is quite endearing..

Oh yeah... that’s right! He went on some rant about how unfair CA’s penalty was and that the ICC should’ve been the one to issue the sanctions (despite that body repeatedly demonstrating how toothless it’s been for a prolonged period of time).

Still, I wonder who he wants as captain out of those available for selection?

Probably Finch.

ouryears

Bench
I can’t believe this bloke is Australian cricket captain!! No inspiration, no captaincy smarts, talks like a schoolboy and has no muscle as a captain! Total waste of space!!

Virat Kohli on the other hand ..
#champion #inspirational #leadsby thefront
As Warnie once said......CANT BAT BAT, CANT PLAY...........
AND ALSO CANT CAPTAIN
Dead Man Walking.

Crush

Coach
As Warnie once said......CANT BAT BAT, CANT PLAY...........
AND ALSO CANT CAPTAIN
Dead Man Walking.
He's hardly a dead man walking. He is clearly an interim captain as he is at the very back end of his career with probably only 1 year left before he retires from test match cricket. He is 35 years old this year.
He was asked to step up in the most difficult time in our cricket history amd under the circumstances has done a very good job.
I'm not sure why you want to jump down Tim Paines throat, maybe you should direct your anger at the disappointment of losses towards the guys that cheated and left us with the weakest batting lineup ever.
If they hadn't cheated they wouldn't have been banned and we would have been stronger this summer.
But nah, blame Tim Paine, hes the one who deserves to be criticized......

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Looking at the batting averages below, Paine was the fifth highest batting average and given he is batting 7 and wicket keeping, I think he is leading a team that is less than capable with the bat. Hard to win test matches with these batting averages.

Also, we lost the toss in Melbourne and Sydney and where forced to field first. Big advantages batting first on these pitches that start to spin on day 3 and 4 . They resemble pitches in India - why did we produce pitches that help our opponents?

Batting Averages for Aust v India

M I Av.
5 Marcus Harris 4 8 258 36.85
7 Travis Head 4 7 237 33.85
10 Usman Khawaja 4 8 198 28.28
11 Shaun Marsh 4 7 183 26.14
12 Tim Paine 4 7 174 24.85
13 Mitchell Starc 4 7 117 23.40
14 Pat Cummins 4 7 163 23.28
16 Peter Handscomb 3 5 105 21.00
17 Nathan Lyon 4 7 83 20.75
18 Aaron Finch 3 6 97 16.16

ouryears

Bench
1. It wasn’t Warne (apparently)
2. It was “can’t bowl, can’t throw”
3. What’s ‘bat bat’?
Jesus, just let this thread die would you.
Not many care about Paine's team or Paine.
It's not worth discussing
Paine and co are useless
Their stats prove it
RIP Australian Cricket

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
1. It wasn’t Warne (apparently)
2. It was “can’t bowl, can’t throw”
3. What’s ‘bat bat’?

Methinks a “bat bat” is something blokes do when home alone with the lights dimmed low.

I could be wrong though.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
He's hardly a dead man walking. He is clearly an interim captain as he is at the very back end of his career with probably only 1 year left before he retires from test match cricket. He is 35 years old this year.
He was asked to step up in the most difficult time in our cricket history amd under the circumstances has done a very good job.
I'm not sure why you want to jump down Tim Paines throat, maybe you should direct your anger at the disappointment of losses towards the guys that cheated and left us with the weakest batting lineup ever.
If they hadn't cheated they wouldn't have been banned and we would have been stronger this summer.
But nah, blame Tim Paine, hes the one who deserves to be criticized......

Correct required: it’s actually Geoff Marsh’s for having unprotected sex resulting in sons, Mitch and Shaun.

They’re the REAL scapegoats, y’know?

TheFrog

Coach
They resemble pitches in India - why did we produce pitches that help our opponents?
Precisely. What happened to first day life? Without that, the balance is tipped too far towards the team batting first. The answer of course is drop in pitches, made necessary by playing AFL in the winter on cricket grounds.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Marsh boys make it very easy though don't they???

Shaun batted well on Saturday (or so I thought). It’s a pity he hasn’t (except on one occasion) been able to capitalise on several good starts this summer.

As for Mitch, he’s had the shits.