What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Willie Mason Captaincy Material?

Ali's Choice

Juniors
After all he's done and said over the course of his career?

Personally, I can't believe anyone would even suggest it.

I know the Cowboys are missing JT, Bowen, Payne and O'Donell, but seriously? Mason would be a close second to Todd Carney as the least worthy captain of a club in the NRL. He's lucky to still have a contract.

Ali's Choice

Juniors
He has looked like a leader out there on the field this year.

There is a lot more to being a real leader of men, on and off the field, than being 6'5" and made of muscle. Mason is a grub, in the truest sense of the word, and if he was made captain of an NRL team that would be a sad day in Australian sport, IMO.

Jordan

Juniors
I remember once upon a time Gus saying Mason will be a future captain of Australia lol

Scottey

Juniors
Watched an interview with Neil Henry on NRL on FOX Wednesday night. Said Matt Scott will most likely be captain, with a bit of Ty Williams pitching in.

typicalfan

Coach
Todd Carney has already captained a side, and if I remember did pretty well. Against Melbourne back in 08 I think and the Raiders nearly got one over the Storm.

Charlie124

First Grade
Id be happy for Mason to step in while Thurston is out (reported to be 2 or 3 weeks). He is doing plenty of talking out there and leading the pack anyway, judge him on his game, rather than his name.

Having said that i think Matt Scott or Scott Bolton would be equally good choices, im not really fussed either way to be honest, its only for a few weeks.

Latest posts