What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Isaac John

MacDougall

First Grade
So what's the go? Why did the Warriors extend this dudes contract? Is there actually a future in first grade for Isaac John at NZ? You already have Maloney, Johnson, Godinet and some stellar halves in the junior ranks. From my understanding Isaac John is a gifted halfback. Surely a sought after commodity? How does it fit that a quality halfback can rot away in Bartercard Cup while signed to the Warriors?

You guys need some good centres well take Daniela and Brown and we'll take John. :)

jagz

Juniors
So what's the go? Why did the Warriors extend this dudes contract? Is there actually a future in first grade for Isaac John at NZ? You already have Maloney, Johnson, Godinet and some stellar halves in the junior ranks. From my understanding Isaac John is a gifted halfback. Surely a sought after commodity? How does it fit that a quality halfback can rot away in Bartercard Cup while signed to the Warriors?

You guys need some good centres well take Daniela and Brown and we'll take John. :)

Not sure where you got this info from what I have heard he has been released for 2012 and he has been playing NSW Cup not Bartercard. The Bartercard folded years ago. According to his twitter page he is looking at Wakefield

Not sure where you got this info from what I have heard he has been released for 2012 and he has been playing NSW Cup not Bartercard. The Bartercard folded years ago. According to his twitter page he is looking at Wakefield

He extended his contract in May until the end of 2012. I would be surprised if we released him, we really dont have a lot of cover in the halves next year....

Maloney
Johnson
Godinet.............
Tuimavave?

Actually, i retract that just spoke to someone who confirmed it. You are correct. He is likely to sign for Wakefield.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Actually, i retract that just spoke to someone who confirmed it. You are correct. He is likely to sign for Wakefield.

wakefield
i heard players warn anybody to sign with wakefield due to financial issues hope they have solved those problems.

Somebody like Canberra or WT Tigers or even Rabbitohs could do worse than offer John a contract.
He is better than McCrone or Lui IMO. Much better

Warmess

Juniors
Was talking to a Tigers mate of mine about John, he really hoped they'd have a go at him, especially with that latest batch of (alleged) Lui idiocy.

_addict

Juniors
You Tigers fans must be mightily cheesed with Lui right now, given how Sheens persisted with him.

what ever

Juniors
He extended his contract in May until the end of 2012. I would be surprised if we released him, we really dont have a lot of cover in the halves next year....

Maloney
Johnson
Godinet.............
Tuimavave?

Isaac was offered a lot longer than a 2012 contract - it was longer than Godinet contract too. Why he or his manager did not sign we do not know.

Meth

Staff member
John is only 22. A long career ahead of him if he can find the right club

Rich102

Staff member
If this is correct then I think he and his manager are being a bit premature. Another year, albiet in the Vulcans, will do him no harm. Who knows what opportunities will present themselves next year?

devoid

Juniors
Rich - I think it is the other way around. Bluey has suggested he move on, because he is not part of his plans, not John or his manager deciding to try their luck elsewhere. Someone in the know can set this straight though.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
If this is correct then I think he and his manager are being a bit premature. Another year, albiet in the Vulcans, will do him no harm. Who knows what opportunities will present themselves next year?

It's a prevalent attitude these days in professional sport (not just league). Rather than fight it out for a year or two, take the easy money elsewhere.

You see it a bit with fringe All Blacks, and see it in league a fair bit too. Can't particularly blame those with families etc but it's frustrating that players take the easy option and you never get to see how good they really could have been.

Rich102

Staff member
Rich - I think it is the other way around. Bluey has suggested he move on, because he is not part of his plans, not John or his manager deciding to try their luck elsewhere. Someone in the know can set this straight though.

Thanks. That makes more sense. Though I still think he has potential.

devoid

Juniors
Oh, for sure - Isaac John is up to NRL IMO. But in saying that, I think it's a pretty good call by Bluey. I think Maloney, and Johnson need to be retained. If we have cover in Godinet and possibly Tuimavave, Johns money goes into upgrading/retaining the preferred players. It's tough decision for sure. I hope Isaac stays in the NRL though.

I'm hoping Souths pick him up. We only have Adam Reynolds as a 7 this year and if he goes down in a screaming heap we are up the creek with no paddle. John would be relatively cheap and would not only be a handy back up, he would put pressure on Reynolds to perform.