What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Isaac John

Red Bear

Referee
I'm hoping Souths pick him up. We only have Adam Reynolds as a 7 this year and if he goes down in a screaming heap we are up the creek with no paddle. John would be relatively cheap and would not only be a handy back up, he would put pressure on Reynolds to perform.
Did you also sign a guy from the Qld Cup?
Thought John was impressive last year, bugger of a time to do his ACL. He should be ready to fire next season, needs 18 months (at least) to really start to get right. Had him marked down as a long term player here before the emergence of Johnson.

theboyem

Juniors
wakefield
i heard players warn anybody to sign with wakefield due to financial issues hope they have solved those problems.

Somebody like Canberra or WT Tigers or even Rabbitohs could do worse than offer John a contract.
He is better than McCrone or Lui IMO. Much better
Not an issue for Wakefield anymore, new owners these days with more money and more importantly, more business sense behind them. If he goes there he'll be well looked after.

what ever

Juniors
Did you also sign a guy from the Qld Cup?
Thought John was impressive last year, bugger of a time to do his ACL. He should be ready to fire next season, needs 18 months (at least) to really start to get right. Had him marked down as a long term player here before the emergence of Johnson.

Just watched on nswrl.com.au site the video semis against sharks and Isaac was differently involved in everything. Looks like he has the goods to me.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Anyone know a bit about Anthony Gelling? Looked a very sharp player in the Vulcans GF. Obviously we have back-rowers coming out of our backsides, but looks like he'd be a decent pick-up somewhere.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Gelling looked very good yesterday. Some of his runs were almost SBW like in the way he evaded the defender while holding the ball in one hand. Certainly not SBW before anyone thinks I'm saying he is, but he's got good evasion and a bit of speed.

The problem is, as has already been mentioned. We have a shitload of backrowers.