What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Israel Folau signs $2 million deal

Copa

Bench
renouf said:
Not good for Melbourne... but really does anyone down there actually care about the Storm? The AFL people will never follow the storm, so why would great players want to play for a club that isn't really supported by the community
Storm have more season ticket holders and more sponsorship than most syndey clubs...

even their crowds are bigger than a few sydney clubs.

renouf

Juniors
Copa said:
Storm have more season ticket holders and more sponsorship than most syndey clubs...

Sure, but i'm sure most sydney clubs have more supporters then the Storm have in an entire city.

Parra

Referee
Copa said:

On paper they have a lot. Especially when the paper in question owns them.

Anyone who has spent a weekend in Melbourne knows the real answer. Mexicans could not give a f**k about any form of rugby and they never will.

That's it.

Copa

Bench
renouf said:
Sure, but i'm sure most sydney clubs have more supporters then the Storm have in an entire city.
show me the stats....

the storm have bigger crowds than some sydney clubs, more sponsorship etc etc.. and will soon play in a stadium better for RL .. and with better weather protection ..... than any stadium in Sydney.

Copa

Bench
Parra said:

Anyone who has spent a weekend in Melbourne knows the real answer. Mexicans could not give a f**k about any form of rugby and they never will.

That's it.
the paper doesn't make their season ticket no.s and sponsorshoip levels a lie..

badav

Bench
Razor said:
So much for the Broncos never signing anyone.

In the last few years they've signed

1. Joel Clinton
2. Michael Ennis
3. Ben Hannant
4. Tom Hewitt
5. PJ Marsh
6. Shane Perry
7. Ashton Sims
8. Peter Wallace

And that's just their 25 man squad. They've signed lower graders up as well - Ashton's younger brother for example. It's also not including the 2 players who left the club, then came back.

So fu*cking what. They are entitled to sign players just like any other club.

And Ben Hannant is a Broncos junior who left to go to the roosters and came back.

renouf

Juniors
Copa said:
show me the stats....

the storm have bigger crowds than some sydney clubs, more sponsorship etc etc.. and will soon play in a stadium better for RL .. and with better weather protection ..... than any stadium in Sydney.

I don't have any stats, do you? The season ticket figures mean nothing, quite a few sydney supporters aren't season ticket holders, doesn't mean they don't follow their club.

There is a rumor going around now that Smith and Inglis might be about to sign with the Broncos aswell.

salivor

First Grade
I really doubt he's on 500k a season, reports are differing all across the board. I think like when we got Hodges back we would've got him under market value with family being the big factor here in Folau wanting to return home to Queensland.

For the posters above me digging the boot into Melbourne, yeah let's flag it. Stuff Adelaide, Perth and Wellington too, none of those cities will every give a stuff about Rugby League. Let's just focus on restricting our game to just 2 states and forget actually trying to expand and grow our game.

The Warriors despite a successful season only averaged 1000k more than Melbourne, should we throw in the towel there and say that Aucklanders will only ever give a stuff about Union?

salivor

First Grade
Razor said:
So much for the Broncos never signing anyone.

In the last few years they've signed

1. Joel Clinton
2. Michael Ennis
3. Ben Hannant
4. Tom Hewitt
5. PJ Marsh
6. Shane Perry
7. Ashton Sims
8. Peter Wallace

And that's just their 25 man squad. They've signed lower graders up as well - Ashton's younger brother for example. It's also not including the 2 players who left the club, then came back.

Wow we finally got out the cheque book. At least we didn't go and buy half the Dragons squad like the Knights.

Glenn

First Grade
salivor said:
I really doubt he's on 500k a season, reports are differing all across the board. I think like when we got Hodges back we would've got him under market value with family being the big factor here in Folau wanting to return home to Queensland.

For the posters above me digging the boot into Melbourne, yeah let's flag it. Stuff Adelaide, Perth and Wellington too, none of those cities will every give a stuff about Rugby League. Let's just focus on restricting our game to just 2 states and forget actually trying to expand and grow our game.

The Warriors despite a successful season only averaged 1000k more than Melbourne, should we throw in the towel there and say that Aucklanders will only ever give a stuff about Union?

1000k?? :crazy: :lol:

If the NRL is going to expand and be a true national competition then Melbourne is a must.

Copa

Bench
renouf said:
I don't have any stats, do you? The season ticket figures mean nothing, quite a few sydney supporters aren't season ticket holders, doesn't mean they don't follow their club.
so you're counting non-season ticket holders and people who don't go to the stadium...? So you're guessing then?

You have to look at reality ... ST holders and attendances, sponsorship levels etc.. Storm beat a few Sydney clubs re these things..

Dani

Immortal
Parra said:

That's it.

Thanks for telling me how i think and feel.

As for Izzy, good luck to him.

renouf

Juniors
Copa said:
so you're counting non-season ticket holders and people who don't go to the stadium...? So you're guessing then?

You have to look at reality ... ST holders and attendances, sponsorship levels etc.. Storm beat a few Sydney clubs re these things..

Yes. Do you live in Sydney mate? I do, and I know quite a few people who follow a Sydney clubs and aren't season ticket holders and rarely go to the games.

WHAT THE f**k IS THIS " OH MELBOURNE DOES NOT DERSERVES A TEAM"

YOU LITTLE sh*tS NEED TO KNOW THAT THAT THE NRL SPONSORSHIP WOULD DWINDLE TO ABOUT A HALF OF THE VALUE IT IS NOW, IF MELBOURNE DID DISAPEER, IT WOULD PUT THE GREAT GAME OF RUGBY LEAGUE DOWN THE DRAIN.
THERE CROWD OF THE LAST 2 YEARS HAVE BEEN BETTER THAN SOME NRL SYDNEY CLUB. FACT

THERE A FEW USERS OF THE sh*tTY BOARD WHO SMELL LIKE A OLD 70 YEAR OLD PERSON. TIME TO THE OLD SMELL OUT.

AS FOLAU, DROP HIM TO NORTH DEVILS. BRING THE NEW TALENT THRU.

Choppies

Coach
Very good signing Brisbane. Bit of a gamble because he has only had 1 good year so far.
Hodges and Folau. Nice centre pairing.

innsaneink

Referee
chemicalbrother said:
WHAT THE f**k IS THIS " OH MELBOURNE DOES NOT DERSERVES A TEAM"

YOU LITTLE sh*tS NEED TO KNOW THAT THAT THE NRL SPONSORSHIP WOULD DWINDLE TO ABOUT A HALF OF THE VALUE IT IS NOW, IF MELBOURNE DID DISAPEER, IT WOULD PUT THE GREAT GAME OF RUGBY LEAGUE DOWN THE DRAIN.
THERE CROWD OF THE LAST 2 YEARS HAVE BEEN BETTER THAN SOME NRL SYDNEY CLUB. FACT

THERE A FEW USERS OF THE sh*tTY BOARD WHO SMELL LIKE A OLD 70 YEAR OLD PERSON. TIME TO THE OLD SMELL OUT.

AS FOLAU, DROP HIM TO NORTH DEVILS. BRING THE NEW TALENT THRU.

LMAO!
Dry your eyes pwincess :lol:

Latest posts