What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issac Luke

qld redvee

Juniors
At what opportunity cost Forbes?

He is on 400k... Lets say we get him for 250k-300k.. Is it worth it ?
Tru,
we need to buy a centre /winger of quality so lets promote or use a junior as a cheaper option and use the spare $$ elsewhere Also do we really need supercoaches great replacement theory of lock off , mcinness to lock isaac luke to replace mcinness ??? the botched widdop norman hunt duffty experience this year should be enough to stifle this idea . And as I mentioned prior we didnt carry a spare hooker this year so what would change the game plan as supercoach wants mainness to play the full 80

TruSaint

Referee
Tru,
we need to buy a centre /winger of quality so lets promote or use a junior as a cheaper option and use the spare $$ elsewhere Also do we really need supercoaches great replacement theory of lock off , mcinness to lock isaac luke to replace mcinness ??? the botched widdop norman hunt duffty experience this year should be enough to stifle this idea . And as I mentioned prior we didnt carry a spare hooker this year so what would change the game plan as supercoach wants mainness to play the full 80

Agree with everything you said mate.

I know it wasnt aimed at me, But I have never suggested moving Cam to lock. He is an elite 80 minute hooker in my opinion.

The money spent on Luke, could be well invested in improving a slow, pathetic backine.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Isaac Luke? Master of the low blow, kidney punch and subtle knee to the head? Honestly what's the point? He will bring as much to us as he brought to the warriors - nothing. Less than nothing because juniors will just see another roadblock to what little chance they had of progression, and leave for somewhere else.

Typical McGregor era signing where previous first grade experience is considered of greater value than talent ability and potential.

TruSaint

Referee
Isaac Luke? Master of the low blow, kidney punch and subtle knee to the head? Honestly what's the point? He will bring as much to us as he brought to the warriors - nothing. Less than nothing because juniors will just see another roadblock to what little chance they had of progression, and leave for somewhere else.

Typical McGregor era signing where previous first grade experience is considered of greater value than talent ability and potential.

Quote from the article I posted...

" After playing his last game in Warriors colours, having not been offered a new deal, the outlook for Luke didn't look promising following an inconsistent 2019 season.

The Tigers and Sea Eagles reportedly had a nibble at the experienced rake, but neither club chose to make a move."

No deal offered, rejected by Wests and Manly, but seems good for us... FMD we are one dumb club.

Crush

Coach
I'd be OK with this signing if we had already signed a new fullback, 2 new centres and 2 new wingers. Then and only then would I say welcome Issac Luke!

Last edited:

Latest posts