What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"It’s very realistic to say that we’ll have a second team in Brisbane in 2023": V'landys

Perth Red

Post Whore
This again, you're better off waiting till perth get more than 2 rounds of games before hailing the one off exhibition games over consecutive years

you can only use the evidence you’ve got, sell out crowds for two neutral clubs says something, if you want to listen.

RedVee

First Grade
I’m guessing the ARLC have made the decision, just waiting to release the name.

So, Redcliffe to compete in the same area as the Bronco’s?
Or, Ipswich/WC to compete in the same area as both the Bronco’s & Gold Coast?

I think it will be Redcliffe. Though I like the FireHawks - it all seems quiet on that front.

mongoose

Coach
Yeah seems like like Jets and Dolphins have the most traction. I don't know if I care that much anymore, just want to see a 2nd Brissie team.

Me and missus have been looking at houses to buy around Redcliffe, some in walking distance to Dolphin Stadium so I am selfishly leaning towards them now lol Would still barrack for Raiders but I would so go to games in Redcliffe.

I still believe they should be aiming to play most games at Suncorp though.

MugaB

Coach
Yeah seems like like Jets and Dolphins have the most traction. I don't know if I care that much anymore, just want to see a 2nd Brissie team.

Me and missus have been looking at houses to buy around Redcliffe, some in walking distance to Dolphin Stadium so I am selfishly leaning towards them now lol Would still barrack for Raiders but I would so go to games in Redcliffe.

I still believe they should be aiming to play most games at Suncorp though.
They are, the bulk of the 12 home games are at Suncorp, with 2-4 games in either sunshine coast or redcliffe, these i suggest are more probably the underwhelming match ups on a "super saturday" and will attrack more locals than a TV friendly Thursday or Friday at suncorp Vs QLD or Storm clubs.
I can see Manly V Dolphins at redcliffe and cronulla vs Dolphins at sunshine coast, while Cowboys vs Dolphins gets headline treatment at Suncorp

Perth Red

Post Whore
They are, the bulk of the 12 home games are at Suncorp, with 2-4 games in either sunshine coast or redcliffe, these i suggest are more probably the underwhelming match ups on a "super saturday" and will attrack more locals than a TV friendly Thursday or Friday at suncorp Vs QLD or Storm clubs.
I can see Manly V Dolphins at redcliffe and cronulla vs Dolphins at sunshine coast, while Cowboys vs Dolphins gets headline treatment at Suncorp

if a new Brisbane team can’t get more than 10-12k to Suncorp for any game in any time slot is there really enough demand to justify one?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Does it matter?

Dolphins own Dolphins Stadium. A sold out Dolphins Stadium would probably be more profitable than 18-20k at Lang Park.

It’s a sht look for the game though, it’s not qlnd cup! And at an avg $40 a ticket and corporate box sales I very much doubt it would be more profitable!

MugaB

Coach
It’s a sht look for the game though, it’s not qlnd cup! And at an avg $40 a ticket and corporate box sales I very much doubt it would be more profitable!
Geez jealous much... maybe dolphins should play a few games on perth too, basically the same colors

Its 3 grandstands are fully seated and close to the action. It's not Brookvale level of shit.

Stadium rental at Lang Park is massive. There's a reason the Brisbane Roar soccer club gave up on Lang Park and adopted Dolphin Stadium. If you're not getting 20k to a game at Lang Park then you're losing money.

MugaB

Coach
geez dumb post much
Not really, its as valid as NRL deciding on perth as a stand alone bid, when there is many more heartland areas who would be more effortless to start up right now during this costly covid period, if expansion does eventuate, which im pretty certain they will. I'd probably go to 2 more brisbane teams, before perth gets a look in.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Its 3 grandstands are fully seated and close to the action. It's not Brookvale level of shit.

Stadium rental at Lang Park is massive. There's a reason the Brisbane Roar soccer club gave up on Lang Park and adopted Dolphin Stadium. If you're not getting 20k to a game at Lang Park then you're losing money.

my point exactly, we’ve been told there’s massive demand from disgruntled non broncos fans for a brisbane2, why wouldn’t they be able to draw a 20k crowd if that’s the case? Now you’re saying that it’s possible they are going to get crowds of sub 15k? Even if Suncorp cost $250k a game to rent, which it doesn’t, you’d still be looking at a loss in a free 10k capacity stadium with 25% of the corporate boxes, that’s if if you can draw 20k and sell more boxes at Suncorp. And if you can’t then wtf are we expanding for, it’s clearly not yet time.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not really, its as valid as NRL deciding on perth as a stand alone bid, when there is many more heartland areas who would be more effortless to start up right now during this costly covid period, if expansion does eventuate, which im pretty certain they will. I'd probably go to 2 more brisbane teams, before perth gets a look in.

RL is so myopic you’re probably right

reanimate

Bench

The goal should be to not have any more grounds like Brookvale in the NRL (Brookvale is also getting a third grandstand and has more covered seats, so I’m not sure Brookvale is worse there). If Brisbane 2 isn’t going to use one of the best RL stadiums in the country for at least 10 of its 12 home games, then what’s the point of it.

The goal should be to not have any more grounds like Brookvale in the NRL (Brookvale is also getting a third grandstand and has more covered seats, so I’m not sure Brookvale is worse there). If Brisbane 2 isn’t going to use one of the best RL stadiums in the country for at least 10 of its 12 home games, then what’s the point of it.
Why does every RL game in Brisbane need to be played close to the CBD?

It's like saying Sydney should only have 2 teams and they should play out of the SFS.

flippikat

Bench
So, the bid logos & colours are all out now...

Dolphins-NRL-Bid-GOLD-Logo.png

9fd78a26ace49ce917efaeacdf6799bf

brisbane-bid-png.47169

reanimate

Bench
Why does every RL game in Brisbane need to be played close to the CBD?

It's like saying Sydney should only have 2 teams and they should play out of the SFS.
If Sydney had only 2 teams they probably would play out of big stadiums like the SFS or ANZ/BankWest.

One of the big draws of adding Brisbane 2 is getting a weekly game at Suncorp (or as close to that as possible). One of the best RL grounds in the country should be seeing regular action.