What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"It’s very realistic to say that we’ll have a second team in Brisbane in 2023": V'landys

Pippen94

First Grade
That’s just an unprovable opinion. Like me saying in the decades west and tigers have had to build a fanbase perth would have more than double the fans the tigers currently have. We can all make hypothetical sht up!

If there were a potential large subscriber base in Perth fox wouldn't be indifferent to a team there

Pippen94

First Grade
Weren't all or most of the VFL clubs from inner-city suburbs?

NSL fans didn't have a problem adopting Sydney FC and Western Sydney Wanderers. Up to 35k BRL fans adopted the Broncos in the early 1990s. Titans have more fans than Chargers, Seagulls and Giants. I don't see any reason why fans of smaller Sydney teams cannot adopt a new team that represents a larger area.

There's nothing unique about Sydney RL fans that makes them different to everyone else in the world

Tigers draw pretty well for a Sydney club that hasn't experienced much success over the last decade, but they're still mid-range when it comes to TV ratings and attendances. Ditto Bulldogs.

We won't know how big a Perth-based team can become until it's given a chance to prove itself.

South West Sydney is growing faster than just about anywhere & is not a small gentrified inner city suburb with nowhere to grow. NRL is there on ground floor - moving team from there would be f'n stupid.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If there were a potential large subscriber base in Perth fox wouldn't be indifferent to a team there
Fox are indifferent to anything that costs them more money. If not they would have signed up for expansion when the deal was done last year and we'd already be celebrating the winning bid by now, as it is Vlandys is having to beg them to fund another Brisbane club lol

Perth regularly gets 100k plus for GF and Origin when the game is actually on main channel and promoted. Population here is tipped to boom to over 3mill in next decade or so. 34k double header, 60k sell out origin, regular 21k sell outs at HBF park for club and internationals, 21.5k for badly ran Nines, but yeh no potential customers here lol.

South West Sydney is growing faster than just about anywhere & is not a small gentrified inner city suburb with nowhere to grow. NRL is there on ground floor - moving team from there would be f'n stupid.
Logan is growing and is bigger than Macarthur.

Moreton Bay Region is growing and I way bigger than Macarthur.

Perth has 2m people.

Why should a region of Sydney that has 310k people have its own team when Logan has 326k people but no one talks about putting a side in it?

Logan produces more players than Macarthur.

Pippen94

First Grade
Fox are indifferent to anything that costs them more money. If not they would have signed up for expansion when the deal was done last year and we'd already be celebrating the winning bid by now, as it is Vlandys is having to beg them to fund another Brisbane club lol

Perth regularly gets 100k plus for GF and Origin when the game is actually on main channel and promoted. Population here is tipped to boom to over 3mill in next decade or so. 34k double header, 60k sell out origin, regular 21k sell outs at HBF park for club and internationals, 21.5k for badly ran Nines, but yeh no potential customers here lol.

Final rated 7k which is probably in margin of error. You're fooling nobody

Pippen94

First Grade
Logan is growing and is bigger than Macarthur.

Moreton Bay Region is growing and I way bigger than Macarthur.

Perth has 2m people.

Why should a region of Sydney that has 310k people have its own team when Logan has 326k people but no one talks about putting a side in it?

Logan produces more players than Macarthur.

I don't think your numbers are correct but if a Logan team existed in nrl would you recommend them being removed?! Exactly

Perth Red

Post Whore
Final rated 7k which is probably in margin of error. You're fooling nobody
like I said, its potential, unrealised potential. The stats I've shown prove the potential that sits there, sad NRL is too small minded to go after it.
Given a poxy 233k people tuned into the finals game from Sydney I'm not sure you're in much of a position to be talking about RL popularity! You're supposed to be in the heartland!! Its a real shame RL didn't take off in Melbourne and Perth, and AFL in Sydney all those years ago!

like I said, its potential, unrealised potential. The stats I've shown prove the potential that sits there, sad NRL is too small minded to go after it.
Given a poxy 233k people tuned into the finals game from Sydney I'm not sure you're in much of a position to be talking about RL popularity! You're supposed to be in the heartland!! Its a real shame RL didn't take off in Melbourne and Perth, and AFL in Sydney all those years ago!
Didn't the WARL have 10k registered players in the mid-1990s?

There would probably be 20k to 30k players based in WA if the ARL had have stuck with the Reds and invested in the local competitions.

MugaB

Coach
I don't think your numbers are correct but if a Logan team existed in nrl would you recommend them being removed?! Exactly
There isn't a team in macarthur, there is half a team though, are we wanting to put half a team in logan? They wont even get the scorpions involved again

There isn't a team in macarthur, there is half a team though, are we wanting to put half a team in logan? They wont even get the scorpions involved again
It's a massive double standard to deny Ipswich, Logan and Moreton Bay from fielding their own teams while having the Penrith Panthers, Parramatta Eels, Canterbury Bulldogs, St George Illawarra Dragons, Cronulla Sharks and Manly Sea Eagles running around.

The fact the QRL has left Logan unrepresented since 2002 sums up everything that's wrong with the game.

Pippen94

First Grade

Boy you're disingenuous. 350k watched on FTA (not counting fox, kayo) for sat & sun games in Sydney while Perth did 10k & 7k.
Getting rid of popular Sydney is cutting nose off..

Pippen94

First Grade
It's a massive double standard to deny Ipswich, Logan and Moreton Bay from fielding their own teams while having the Penrith Panthers, Parramatta Eels, Canterbury Bulldogs, St George Illawarra Dragons, Cronulla Sharks and Manly Sea Eagles running around.

The fact the QRL has left Logan unrepresented since 2002 sums up everything that's wrong with the game.

Ppl in biggest rugby league market watch those teams the most. Get rid of them & nrl doesn't exist

MacArthur & surrounding areas which aren't in those numbers, will be much bigger in near future. Moving before that happrns is dumb as f**k
Look at the geographical size and then compare it to the population.

Macarthur is a region in the south-west of Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia. The region includes the local government areas of the City of Campbelltown, Camden Council and Wollondilly Shire. It covers an area of 3,067 square kilometres and has a population of close to 310,000 residents.

Even if you were to put a stadium there, its population is so sparsely populated that most people wouldn't attend games. Sydney-based RL fans aren't known for travelling long distances to attend RL games.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ppl in biggest rugby league market watch those teams the most. Get rid of them & nrl doesn't exist
in the bottom half of the viewership table for 17-19 5 of the bottom 8 teams are Sydney teams. It seems only some Sydney clubs pull an audience. whilst the top 3 audience pullers are one club cities.

average-ratings-by-club-1.png

Pippen94

First Grade
View attachment 53914

Wookie put those things together & he's an idiot. Do you really think nqld offer more value than the biggest Sydney club?! Townesville not even part of any of the 5 captials.
Better stat would be what clubs fox subscribers support & which teams draw highest ratings in Sydney the biggest market