What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its all over

forward pass

Coach
I have been saying for a while that we are the new North Sydney Bears. Older members on here will know what I mean by that. The similarities are scary.

They won two comps in the twenties and could not ever win one again.
They would continually lose unlosable games.
They would constantly snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
They were generally a mediocre side - apart from the odd years when they sneak into the semis.
Would never win semis or would lose them in heartbreaking fashion. ( ie best goal kicker of all time kicking one from 6)

That is us all over. And the really scary thought is that in the eighties we just happened to be incredibly fortunate to have one of the greatest crop of juniors and recruits ever seen which resulted in us winning 4 comps - over a 6 year period.

Think about that for a moment - we won all our comps in a six year period of our 70 year existence. Take that period out and we have won f**k all in 64 years!!!!!!!

Gazzamatta

Coach
That might be true for last night. One game. Are you happy with that though?
And...…., I never blamed HIM for our season from hell. Far from it.
It is the club and our retention committee who have retained players like Mannah, the soft culture that he is a part of, and the fact that he is supposedly a leader, yet, when have we ever seen some hard arsed leadership from our club captain?
Give me a James Graham anyday that will lead a club and stand up for them.
Forward Pass said it.
It is this soft, friendly culture that has won us wooden spoons.

On the other hand, let's look at another Sydney club.
The Roosters.
No supporters. No juniors.
But go figure. They've just won their 4th Minor Premiership in 6 seasons.
I just wonder which club is doing things the right way, and which club is f**king up.

I'm sick of the fact that the club I follow, which, no question, has the most potential for massive success, continually f**k up year after year.

It's the "Mannah has been a loyal servant" attitude that has us winning wooden spoons.
That's why we need to f**k him off and be ruthless.
And he is the club captain ffs.
Bring on more spoons.
James Graham was on the market and we didn't even look at him.
It says it all.
I dont disagree with you at all. Mannah as a player has had a good season and would be even better if he had the leadership around him you correctly state is lacking.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The point was everyone on here slagged shit on the fact I said Mannah was a marshmellow. Mannah played fine. Just not a leader.
Ummm Not everyone, but he’s a good bloke who bleeds blue and gold so let’s give him a contract extension.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I couldn't agree more that that is the clubs problems.
We are soft cocks. No hard decisions are ever made.
I don't understand why a club with 4 out of 6 minor premierships continually shame a club that has a huge supporter base and junior base. Yet, that same club have nothing of the same.

I'm actually sick of anyone defending anything we have achieved this season.
We have achieved nothing but another spoon. After this being our 2nd in 3 years, how can ANYONE run a positive spin on that.

FFS, we last won a comp in 86.
We are the NRL's biggest embarrassment considering we are the NRLS's biggest potential club.
It's shameful.
f**king outstanding post, but but but but.

Ram was right, no f**king excuses. f**king Loosers.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I don't understand why a club with 4 out of 6 minor premierships continually shame a club that has a huge supporter base and junior base. Yet, that same club have nothing of the same.

We have achieved nothing but another spoon. After this being our 2nd in 3 years, how can ANYONE run a positive spin on that.

We are the NRL's biggest embarrassment considering we are the NRLS's biggest potential club.
It's shameful.
I hope that made you feel better but you aren't saying anything that we all don't know.

I'm not sure I see anyone putting a positive spin on anything. When people try to explain reasons that are more complex than someone's simplistic description the typical response is that comes back is that they are just providing 'excuses'.

How f**ken dumb can you get?

strider

Post Whore

It's shameful.
Didnt we try and get hard asses like Scott, Watmough and Foran in to give us a harder edge?

Mannah was relegated from captain for a period .... im not saying it worked but it was tried ... unfortunately watmough broke, foran went off the planet and scott got old .... and no one else grew a set in the meantime

And i dont believe the parra area is the league heartland it once was .... the demographic has changed massively and league heartland has shifted further west .... not saying there is nothing, but its not the same as when we were kids in the golden 80s

emjaycee

Coach
Didnt we try and get hard asses like Scott, Watmough and Foran in to give us a harder edge?

Mannah was relegated from captain for a period .... im not saying it worked but it was tried ... unfortunately watmough broke, foran went off the planet and scott got old .... and no one else grew a set in the meantime

And i dont believe the parra area is the league heartland it once was .... the demographic has changed massively and league heartland has shifted further west .... not saying there is nothing, but its not the same as when we were kids in the golden 80s

More f**ken excuses.
:D

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Take your logic elsewhere.

Snoochies

First Grade
Every off season I have been optimistic for the following year, none more so than last offseason and when we did great in the trials and towelled up the Panthers in the first half of the first game, I genuinely thought we were the real deal and then it just all fell in a heap of pooh that we're still digging ourselves out of. I can't be optimistic about next year, I see nothing there yet we have the nuts and bolts of a team that 12 months ago were pushing the Storm in the finals. They had some ability and belief at one stage and I'm not sure Brad will be able to get that back. I love BA, been my favourite coach but you don't win premierships on personality unfortunately. If he stays, I hope they give him the resources because I'd love to see him dig us out of this hole, but that also seems to be BA's career, in a hole.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Take your excuses elsewhere you Nuthugging LOOSER!!
All jokes aside mate, it is easy to be critical and it is pretty f**ken boring.

Feel free to join the positive, solutions focused thread and offer your thoughts. Unless of course, you don’t have any?

hindy111

Post Whore
All jokes aside mate, it is easy to be critical and it is pretty f**ken boring.

Feel free to join the positive, solutions focused thread and offer your thoughts. Unless of course, you don’t have any?

What did Hindy111 predict? Once hope was lost a few floggings. In Nrl once you give up just a little you can have 3 or 4 quick tries put on you. It is a physical game. It is going to happen...
There was 24 games. 8 we where never in them. 16 we where and could of won. Perhaps if we had a full squad and some luck we fair better. These are the dissapointing games. 2019 is a new year.

Manly- Zero excuse
Knights- Hayne,norman,Mannah,kaysa
Tigers - Hayne,Gutherson,Bevan,Taka
Roosters- Alvaro,terepo,brown,Manu,Kaysa
Cowboys - alvaro,brown,Manu,Kaysa
Canberra- Brown, Hayne,taka
Souths - Moses, tepai
Storm - Mannah,manu,kaysa,Alvaro

I did not include - Scott,edwards,t rex who missed most those games also due to not being here.
Add Ferguson,Jnr, Lane into those sides.
Also guys like Niakuore,Mahoney,Salmon,Kafusi will be far better players. Also may be a few more jnrs ready.

Gutherson,Brown,Hayne all had disrupted seasons and will be far better in 19 also.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Graham has been pretty average this year, yeah still going ok but not great like his prime. Mannah has been as good if not better for probably half the price even less maybe.

If BA had signed Graham, he wouId be questioned why he signed a veteran to such a long contract on big money. He did before and he was criticised and then he didn’t do it and was criticised!’

hindy111

Post Whore
Graham has been pretty average this year, yeah still going ok but not great like his prime. Mannah has been as good if not better for probably half the price even less maybe.

If BA had signed Graham, he wouId be questioned why he signed a veteran to such a long contract on big money. He did before and he was criticised and then he didn’t do it and was criticised!’

f**k Graham. Has been. Even if had 1 good year he is to old and a drain.

You want a leader you create one. I reckon Alvaro should be captain. He will go up a gear. Otherwise Brown.
Get some tougness in the team. I have no problem with Taka at centre as he adds some balls but no good in 2nd row. Niakuore will improve but just looks a first grader.
Evans was disgrace .No idea what he will transform into next season. He was meant to be thast big power runner. Far from.

hindy111

Post Whore
f**king outstanding post, but but but but.

Ram was right, no f**king excuses. f**king Loosers.

People like me and Ram have been banging on about our marshmellow pack for years.
I question Rams talent spotting though. Especialy after getting Gary into Bones on Bones. Thst will go down as one of the poorest recruits I have seen. Ram was so ashamed he locked himself in the cupboard.
I see Tepai beeing Boom soon. 2019 or 2020. His body is just starting to develop. Top 5 backrower in 2020 I feel.

forward pass

Coach
For the record - a summary of our history -

1947 Failed to win comp
1948 Failed to win comp
1949 Failed to win comp
1950 Failed to win comp
1951 Failed to win comp
1952 Failed to win comp
1953 Failed to win comp
1954 Failed to win comp
1955 Failed to win comp