What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's been a good run, but...

gregstar

Referee
Southernsaint said:
1. Bill Harrigan
2. The bloody NSWRL's rules
3. Kevin f**king Roberts

Greg, you can never reach back too far to mention how often we've been stooged;-)
in '99 we should have absolutely smacked the crap out of the storm in the second half, regardless of the ref.
in '85 we were just never in it from the start. they tackled us out of the game.
in '84 i agree - we were screwed by kevin roberts 3 penalties for f*cking nothing & we were the better team all over the park.

Mr Saab

Referee
Southernsaint said:
Charlie, as a Brisbane fan, you'd acknowledge that while Saints did play very poorly in that game in 1993, Brisbane were still a higher quality squad - basically Queensland in different shirts. Stevens also broke his thumb in the game's first tackle, robbing us of go-forward against Brisbane's formidible pack...

yes i will agree there. Stevens broke his thumb (badly) in the 2nd minute and things went down hill from there.
Still i will say the dragons made a number of mistakes and played their worst game of football in the most important game of the yr.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Charlie,

I agree they didn't play well in 93 GF, and only went down 14-6??.

However I'm not too proud to admit that Brisbane side circa 92,93, was light years ahead of the Dragons and all the other teams for pure talent, and we had only beaten them once (in the Final round in 93) in like 10 starts. We were never a serious chance in 93 let alone 92.

I think our only real choke was 1999, when several things conspired to allow Melbourne back into the contest.

roosters4life

Juniors
This Will Be The Top 8 For 2005

1.broncos
2.dragons
3.eels
4.cowboys
5.storm
6.tigers
7.manly
8.dogs

The Next Week

Broncos Beat Dogs
Dragons Beat Manly
Tigers Beat Eels
Cowboys Beat Storm

Dogs And Manly Knocked Out And Broncos And Dragons Get Week Off

The Next Week

Storm Beat Eels
Cowboys Beat Tigers

Broncos Beat Storm
Dragons Beat Cowboys

Grand Final

Dragons Beat Broncos

Inferno

Coach
I don't even know how you could talk about mentioning the sharks.

38 f*ucken years and we are still waiting for a premiership.

Our closest to that over the last 10 years would be our 28 - 6 loss to the Broncos in '97 and winning the minor premiership in '99 and losing in the semi