What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's been a good run, but...

Fibroman

First Grade
Finches problem is that he doesn't cut the mustard in the cafe latte set. He would scare a dog out of a butcher's shop and he is trying to fit into a team of pretty boys

Another problem he faces is that he has a heart the size of a split carraway seed.

m0j0

Bench
Come on Fibro. You can do better than that. Get yourself some new cliches, those ones are getting way too stale.

Bulldog Power

Juniors
team of pretty boys?

ryan cross sure his handsome, and not many people look as sophisticated as minichello
chris walker what a hunk, hannant is quite the looker too. and dont forget joel monahagn , I wonder how many times he has been asked to rome to model. Surely as many craig fitzgibbon ???

No the roosters arnt pretty boys.... they only play like them

Chook

First Grade
If we miss the finals it'll be a mercy killing. And with any luck none of our players will be selected for the end of season tour. We look tired.

Chook.

Kakihara

Juniors
Your team needs to get rid of the quick restarts they seem to be doing this year.

I think Ricky is overestimating the fitness of your team. They looked f**ked in that last 20 mins because of it.[size=-1][/size]

Fibroman

First Grade
They need to make some more shampoo commercials and the season will turn around. Also if Sticky gets nostril reduction surgery shortly he will have more credibility with the players and on field performances short improve.

OVP

Coach
Fibroman said:
You blokes have got no chance all the time you buy pretty boys. You need people that are interested in playing footy, not looking at themselves in the mirror at the coffee shop.

Its hilarious being paid out by Fibroman, especially when his own team will be 10000000 times worse off over the next few years. Face it scum, your team is looking at the spoon for the next 3 years, and we'll be back up there within one single year. Does it hurt bad, westie ? :lol:

OVP

Coach
shai hulud said:
Your team needs to get rid of the quick restarts they seem to be doing this year.

I think Ricky is overestimating the fitness of your team. They looked f**ked in that last 20 mins because of it.

We are burnt out ... its that simple. Mini, Wing and Fitzy havent rested in over 3-4 years. Its bound to take a toll on the rest since they are our senior players.

We arent gone, just down for the 8 count, if we can win our next couple and get on a roll anything can happen, we wont finsh 8th with our for and against, if we get in 6th is prob the spot

fat_mike

Juniors
rufus youngblood said:
We arent gone, just down for the 8 count, if we can win our next couple and get on a roll anything can happen, we wont finsh 8th with our for and against, if we get in 6th is prob the spot

mate i wish i had your confidence. we cant score points so therefore we wont win.

Live in hope my friend, some may consider it living in denial but that cant be hoped 3 generations of fans blood in my veins wont allow it.

m0j0

Bench
OVP said:
We are burnt out ... its that simple. Mini, Wing and Fitzy havent rested in over 3-4 years. Its bound to take a toll on the rest since they are our senior players.

Fitzy had a fairly decent "rest" when he did his ACL two years ago.

m0j0

Bench
Chockers? I assume you mean chokers.

I don't know about you, but my definition of being a choker is going along great, looking like winning all along, and when it really counts you lose the plot (kinda like the Eels have done over the past couple of rounds).

Saints, on the other hand, started poorly and have since improved and are looking OK at this end of the comp. Roosters have just been crap all year - never looked like winning.

Mr Saab

Referee
m0j0 said:
I don't know about you, but my definition of being a choker is going along great, looking like winning all along, and when it really counts you lose the plot

biggest chokes in the past 15 yrs :

* stg 1993 GF...plsayed worst game all yr
* Manly 1995 GF...see above
* Parra 1998 prelim final...led 18-2 lost
* Stg 1999 GF...led by plenty at halftime but lost
* Knights 2000 prelin final...led 16-0 and lost the plot then on.
* Parra 2001 GF...world beaters all yr...down 24-0 @ 1/2 time

gregstar

Referee
Wagonator said:
Eels are chockers? Saints and Roosters are the ultimate chockers gregstar.
choking is losing big games from winning positions or badly losing big games you're expected to win.
parra have made this an art form
'98 semi v the dogs
'99 semi v the storm
'01 gf v knights (although you were f*cked after a couple of minutes)
are classic examples

the '99 gf saints choked
the '85 gf saints choked (although we were never in it)
the '84 semi saints choked - we're reaching back too far though

The Business

Juniors
Fibroman said:
You blokes have got no chance all the time you buy pretty boys. You need people that are interested in playing footy, not looking at themselves in the mirror at the coffee shop.
I'd rather be good looking and drinking coffees than being ugly and drinking Coke.

Southernsaint

Staff member
gregstar said:
the '99 gf saints choked
the '85 gf saints choked (although we were never in it)
the '84 semi saints choked - we're reaching back too far though

1. Bill Harrigan
2. The bloody NSWRL's rules
3. Kevin f**king Roberts

Greg, you can never reach back too far to mention how often we've been stooged;-)

Charlie, as a Brisbane fan, you'd acknowledge that while Saints did play very poorly in that game in 1993, Brisbane were still a higher quality squad - basically Queensland in different shirts. Stevens also broke his thumb in the game's first tackle, robbing us of go-forward against Brisbane's formidible pack...