What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's Official: Boogers one of our best of all time

skeepe

Immortal
According to the QRL, Jamaal Lolesi is eligible for Queensland selection. I'd have him in there instead of Jensen

Kris_man

Bench
skeepe said:
According to the QRL, Jamaal Lolesi is eligible for Queensland selection. I'd have him in there instead of Jensen
:shock: :shock: jensen was the first picked!!

greeneyed

First Grade
How about a Canberra Juniors team? There are heaps, I just can't be bothered posting one out.

This is just what I have been saying for some time. This idea is flawed, seriously flawed. And what has transpired is a demonstration of that.

The players have come to the club and been picked without fear or favour for their background as acterritorians/nswmen/queenslanders.... new zealanders.. south africans... frenchmen.... we picked them because they wanted to play for Canberra, live in Canberra, make Canberra their city and community. We didn't care if they were black, yellow, red, white, religious, not religious... jewish, christians, muslims, agnostics.... we DIDN'T CARE. We picked the players who were good footballers and who loved the green jersey. We loved them when they delivered their heart and soul to the club. They might have been stars like Laurie Daley... or Chicka Ferguson... or toilers like Chris O'Sullivan or Dean Lance. We loved them because of their devotion to the green jersey and their love for the team and the community. We only are concerned for that and nothing else.

I think the whole concept is unfortunate.

Anonymous

Juniors
greeneyed said:
How about a Canberra Juniors team? There are heaps, I just can't be bothered posting one out.

This is just what I have been saying for some time. This idea is flawed, seriously flawed. And what has transpired is a demonstration of that.

The players have come to the club and been picked without fear or favour for their background as acterritorians/nswmen/queenslanders.... new zealanders.. south africans... frenchmen.... we picked them because they wanted to play for Canberra, live in Canberra, make Canberra their city and community. We didn't care if they were black, yellow, red, white, religious, not religious... jewish, christians, muslims, agnostics.... we DIDN'T CARE. We picked the players who were good footballers and who loved the green jersey. We loved them when they delivered their heart and soul to the club. They might have been stars like Laurie Daley... or Chicka Ferguson... or toilers like Chris O'Sullivan or Dean Lance. We loved them because of their devotion to the green jersey and their love for the team and the community. We only are concerned for that and nothing else.

I think the whole concept is unfortunate.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Greeneyed I think you and I should have been the new mods, we see eye to eye on a lot of things... :lol:

lotm

Juniors
while some of what you said above is true, greeneyed, i'm not sure if that's the reason for the jersey/celebration. isn't it called the reconciliation jersey, or something? i don't think the day is to celebrate the indigenous players who played for the raiders, but to celebrate reconciliation with the indigenous community as a whole. the selection of the team, imo, was only to show what part of that community has done for us.

i do agree, however, that the talent is stretching a bit thin in the team. a top-5 or top-10 may have worked better.

thickos

First Grade
Fair dinkum who cares about the fact that the team is thin in talent in certain positions and that some players probably got in there by default - it all just adds to what will be hopefully a great spectacle on Sunday and reinforces the contribution that Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islanders have made to our club and the game.

This continues IMO to be a great initiative from the Raiders and though we may not be playing well, at least we can hold our heads high that we have a sense of understanding of integration and community, no matter what colour we are.

edabomb

First Grade
What Thickos said. Face it, you guys don't have the best historical reputation for dealing with your indigenous community, so any positive intiative is a good thing in my books!!!!

Tuffnell

Juniors
For everyone that's bagged the side, I haven't seen one suggestion on who should be replaced with who?????

Give Don Furner and JR a buzz and tell them who should fill the spots.

Especially you, Greeneyed - You know everything.

greeneyed

First Grade
My position is not to have named a side, Tuffnell. If we had to do something, name our best 5 indigenous players in history.

greeneyed

First Grade
Raiders 2004 said:
greeneyed you just got ripped. Sit down and shut up. :clap:

I will stand if I feel like and say what ever I feel like. Tuff appears to disagree with my opinion, but I have a right to express it. These things are not a matter of being "right" or "wrong". I have never said I am always right, indeed when I'm proved wrong I say it. The premise of Tuff's post is also wrong, as it relates to me. I have never said... "They should have picked this other person instead". My view is that the "team" shouldn't have been selected in the first place. The weakness of the team proves that.

Latest posts