What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IT'S OFFICIAL................

Juniors
It sucks that we will only be playing 3 matches each at Leichhardt and Campbelltown but at least we still have half og our matches there. They could of moved to Telstra Stadium full-time. The club is trying to make money and I think we should still go to the matches and support the players. If we don't we will be under pressure from the NRL and other supporters due to low crowds.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Something I might have missed in this argument....

Apparently the Tigers get $75,000 a game whether 1,000 or 20,000 turn up...is that right??

Sincas

Juniors
BuffaloRules said:
Something I might have missed in this argument....

Apparently the Tigers get $75,000 a game whether 1,000 or 20,000 turn up...is that right??

not sure about the figure but the concept is correct. it is gauranteed because telstra need games for their members to attend. They are desperate!

BuffaloRules

Coach
I thought that the Tigers may have got some sort of bonus or "profit sharing" if the crowd was over a certain size....

B_Tiger

Juniors
Jux said:
B_Tiger said:
I think Noyce is a bastard for suggesting fans are unhappy with leichhardt and campbo...""The feedback we've been getting from supporters, sponsors and corporate partners is that transport and public amenities have been less than adequate and seating capacity and covered seating is limited."

f**k "less then adequate", Leichhardt offers the best rugby league experience of any ground in the competition, and if he honestly believes fans can't put up with sh*t toilets at a footy match, then he has no idea who fans of the wests tigers are. Sitting in that shithole at homebush is what is less then adequate. He can claim money pushed him to homebush, but he has no right to say fans are unhappy with leichhardt. If a few fickle fans show up to leichhardt once in a while and don't show up enough to know the good places to park, then that's there own f***ing problem and our decisions certainly shouldn't be tailored to their needs. The corporate wankers who run our game need their luxury seats in a big fat arse stadium because they don't give a sh*t about the game, and it's a f***ing shame we have to suck their arses just to stay alive. I f***ing hate our administration.

Without the 'corporate wankers' you refer to, how do you hope to retain the services of players like Benji and Bronson ? Sure the atmosphere is great at the Den, it used to be fantastic at Lidcombe Oval too. Unless you can bottle this 'experience', and see if our stars coming of contract (or any potential signings) will accept it in lieu of Australian dollars, you'll have to go with Noyce's decision.

As for your deep hatred of the administration, does it stem from them making business decisions that will actually make us money ? Funny enough, you'll find successful clubs like the Dogs and the Broncos are prone to make these type of decisions all the time.

They have moved 4 extra games to a location 10 minutes from Leichhardt. If the team wins, don't worry buddy, the feeling will be great.

I never denied corporate wankers weren't necessary, which is why I said it was a shame we depended on them. However, I think the corporates get very good value out of our game and all clubs badly undervalue their worth (and as such we get kicked around more easily). so of course benji and bronson are there due to corporate dollars, but they shouldn't have any influence over where we play our matches.

As for the board, they led us to the merger and now they lead us to homebush in our crappy superleague jerseys. not a great strike rate. What more damage can they do, apart from completely killing both clubs?

I hated superleague for a reason, and the bulldogs and broncos were superleagues biggest supporters. I don't follow my club because they are financially viable or because they are a success on the field, I follow them because they were the balmain tigers. the futher they get from that great past, the less I care about them.

tigger

Juniors
B_Tiger said:
Jux said:
B_Tiger said:
I think Noyce is a bastard for suggesting fans are unhappy with leichhardt and campbo...""The feedback we've been getting from supporters, sponsors and corporate partners is that transport and public amenities have been less than adequate and seating capacity and covered seating is limited."

f**k "less then adequate", Leichhardt offers the best rugby league experience of any ground in the competition, and if he honestly believes fans can't put up with sh*t toilets at a footy match, then he has no idea who fans of the wests tigers are. Sitting in that shithole at homebush is what is less then adequate. He can claim money pushed him to homebush, but he has no right to say fans are unhappy with leichhardt. If a few fickle fans show up to leichhardt once in a while and don't show up enough to know the good places to park, then that's there own f***ing problem and our decisions certainly shouldn't be tailored to their needs. The corporate wankers who run our game need their luxury seats in a big fat arse stadium because they don't give a sh*t about the game, and it's a f***ing shame we have to suck their arses just to stay alive. I f***ing hate our administration.

Without the 'corporate wankers' you refer to, how do you hope to retain the services of players like Benji and Bronson ? Sure the atmosphere is great at the Den, it used to be fantastic at Lidcombe Oval too. Unless you can bottle this 'experience', and see if our stars coming of contract (or any potential signings) will accept it in lieu of Australian dollars, you'll have to go with Noyce's decision.

As for your deep hatred of the administration, does it stem from them making business decisions that will actually make us money ? Funny enough, you'll find successful clubs like the Dogs and the Broncos are prone to make these type of decisions all the time.

They have moved 4 extra games to a location 10 minutes from Leichhardt. If the team wins, don't worry buddy, the feeling will be great.

I never denied corporate wankers weren't necessary, which is why I said it was a shame we depended on them. However, I think the corporates get very good value out of our game and all clubs badly undervalue their worth (and as such we get kicked around more easily). so of course benji and bronson are there due to corporate dollars, but they shouldn't have any influence over where we play our matches.

As for the board, they led us to the merger and now they lead us to homebush in our crappy superleague jerseys. not a great strike rate. What more damage can they do, apart from completely killing both clubs?

I hated superleague for a reason, and the bulldogs and broncos were superleagues biggest supporters. I don't follow my club because they are financially viable or because they are a success on the field, I follow them because they were the balmain tigers. the futher they get from that great past, the less I care about them.

As a 'corporate wanker' i must admit that i would never entertain clients at a Leichhardt Oval 'corporate box', they are the most uncorporate suites or boxes that i have ever been to and probably a good way to show your clients that you are a two bob show. Leichhardt will never be a corporate Mecca due to a number of reasons. If you want corporate support the only two places to play are Telstra or the SFS. The percentage changes depending on what industry you are in, but League is the most unpopular corporate event compared to the AFL, Union or the Cricket.

You can get a corporate suite at Brookvale for the season for less than one Sydney Swans game (Swans vs Essendon on Saturday is $750 a head in a corporate suite).

Once Dead

Bench
Well, i hope the club realised that if they get 5,000 at Telstra its gonna look a lot worse than it did at LO.......btw, does this mean they'll be giving thousands of free tickets away each week if they are already making a profit before the gates are opened?

Sincas

Juniors
i doubt there would be bonuses in excess of what they are already giving us.. i doubt this is a good commercial decision for TS but they need something for their members to watch.

Nitekrwlr

Juniors
What seats do season ticket holders get?

If i were to get a corporate box for home games would that include telstra?

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Sincas said:
HOT028 said:
i read that they do share in gate taking after a certain amount of people go.
Like 50000?

Its about 14,000 I was told but we only get something like 15% of the gate takings until we reach 20,000 when it is hits a massive 20% :roll: , the most % from gate reciepts we could get is 47% and thats when the stadium over 40,000 I was told

HOT028

Juniors
MT it is all extra ontop of what we have already been paid so 15% or 20% of something is better then nothing considering we have already made money from the game.

HOT028

Juniors
it dosent really matter what you look like at the end of the night. we could be playing at five dock park for all i care after 15 beers. as long as we are winning.

Once Dead

Bench
Hello Telstra Tigers.....coming soon to the stadium also known as a ground with the atmosphere of a morgue

Once Dead

Bench
Come on, hasn't anyone realised that the amount of games played at C'town and Leichhardt will stay at 2 and possibly be reduced after the three year period at Telstra Stadium?

Do you think they're gonna save up the money they make in the next three years? No, they're going to spend it as they go.......and what happens at the end of those 3years when we still have the same problems of revenue raising? Yep thats right......good old Uncle Telstra Stadium....permanently

HOT028

Juniors
Impellitteri said:
Come on, hasn't anyone realised that the amount of games played at C'town and Leichhardt will stay at 2 and possibly be reduced after the three year period at Telstra Stadium?

Do you think they're gonna save up the money they make in the next three years? No, they're going to spend it as they go.......and what happens at the end of those 3years when we still have the same problems of revenue raising? Yep thats right......good old Uncle Telstra Stadium....permanently

so if this happens who will you go for, because i will still support the tigers it is the team not the ground we support.

Nitekrwlr said:
If i were to get a corporate box for home games would that include telstra?

As far as ive been told it costs $250.000 for a corperate box at telstra.. did knw of som1 that did have one last yr...
Goodluck trying...

Latest posts