What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's Only The First Game

Sharkie73

Bench
Remember It's only the first game everyone. The way some of you are carrying on you would think it was make or brake time for the club.
Points to consider.

1. We where down to 2 man bench for most of the game.
2. We were without, Merritt, Vagana
3. We are still getting used to a new style of play.
4. We only had one decent hit out in the pre season against the eels.

Remember all these things will be fixed in the next couple of weeks people. I'm as disappointed as the rest of you but its only early days.
NO NEED TO PANIC YET!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D

millersnose

Post Whore
Sharkie1973 said:
Remember It's only the first game everyone. The way some of you are carrying on you would think it was make or brake time for the club.

i agree but it was not a good indicator
Points to consider.

1. We where down to 2 man bench for most of the game.

we were also playing dads army
2. We were without, Merritt, Vagana

i agree - bailey was a hog and we need to get a center who can use wingers
3. We are still getting used to a new style of play.

the tigers had more first ups in their line up than us

4. We only had one decent hit out in the pre season against the eels.

we couldnt score points

and thats not because the tigers were good defenders it was we had nothing in attack

Remember all these things will be fixed in the next couple of weeks people. I'm as disappointed as the rest of you but its only early days.
NO NEED TO PANIC YET!!!!!!!!!!!

whilst i agree i think the first half of this year will be tough and winning nearly as many games as we loose will be a good start

b_shark

Juniors
As disappointing as the game (and the result) was I remember a home game against Newcastle a few years ago first round (pre CA but can't remember the year) where we looked absolutely woeful and had the worst fears for the year ahead and we made the preliminary final - I guess where's there's breath there's hope : [-o<

b_shark

Juniors
Sometimes hopes and prayers are all that you have ....particularly when you have been supporting the Sharks for many years

Beats

Juniors
I'd like to see all you guys eat your hats when the sharks make the finals. Your lack of faith is disappointing

Sharkie73

Bench
Incredible holc, there are some changers, I agree there isn't alot but Raper did say he wouldn't make huge changers straight away. But I assure you there where changers. :)

Special K

Coach
there was no direction in attack. Have the time the boys were going backwards throwing the ball around and then dropping it. That is why Vagana will help us outwide. I'm not saying his gonna be the one to save us but it will help.

Gallen could miss 4-6 weeks cause of last night...

Quacky

Juniors
Cmon u guys, Penrith came last one season, lost the first game of the next and won the premiership. Just wait until Kimmorley starts combining with Vagana and Merritt. Franze will come into the backline and pair up with Vagana and we'll have 2 of the fastest wingers in the comp in Rieck (who has improved enormously) and Merritt. With Peach at the back we can develop back into the attacking force we were 2 years ago.

DJDL

Bench
But for Vagana and Merritt et al to have any impact, we need the forwards creating the space for them.
And they didn't last night.

Sharkie1973 has the right attitude though. It's only the first match and premierships aren't won at the double header.
The major question is is Stuart Raper as astute enough coach to recognise our deficiencies and do something about it? And do we have the players to call upon?

Time will tell.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I agree about the comment on raper. Im not going to cut him down or bag him, its too early yet and plenty of fans probally will anyway. But the relaxed family attitude to training will be interesting in the coming weeks, especially with the likes of Peachy. Please play deeper.

Macca

Coach
Beats said:
I'd like to see all you guys eat your hats when the sharks make the finals. Your lack of faith is disappointing

I haven't lost faith Beats, I have lost confidence. That was the worst performance I have ever seen, the only reason it was close was because the Tigers were nearly as bad as us. I am still going to tip them next week because I know they have the talent in the club to improve that quickly. If we are going to comment on last nights game, however, you can only call a spade a spade, they were shockingly bad and I mean that, I was shocked. There is certainly no need to panic,, because you are right, it is round 1, but boy do we need to improve. The only positive to come from this is that we couldn't get any worse.

shadowboxer

First Grade
similar to the comments after round 1 last year. We still sucked bad against the broncos on round 3

Latest posts