What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's still way to early

While I agree we have to turn around and get some wins sooner rather than later...its still way to early in the season to panic imo. We can take out positives from each game imo this year. The best positive last night was Tim Smith....does he remind you of a certain no.7 with that type of game?? He still made 1 or 2 errors option wise where he could have gone for the repeat set of six but that would come with more exp. but the kid is a freak. Our defence last night was much better against the most dangerous team in the NRL and we held them out for ages. By the end of the year those silly errors will be ironed out. How good defensively do we look with burt and Graham goooorne from our lives!!!!

Its a long year and it onlly counts how u go at the end of it.

My team for next week with injuries taken into account:

Mckinnon
Peterson (hayne should be given a shot)
Tahu
Delaney
Grothe
Moriss
T Smith
Tsoulos
Pigsta
Stringer
Hindmarsh
Morrison if fit (if not then Taia)
Mateo* - PUT HIM IN BRIAN!!!!!!

Marcus
Vella / Cordoba
Cayless
Widders

Taia is a tough nut just like Cordoba...they are future reps. Mateo is a just a freak that we are missing in a one dimentional forward pack that we have. He is the option that Tim SMith needs...the perfect foil.

And just on Stringer...he had a top game go forward wise.... he made plenty of yards up the middle imo. Just those ball handling errors which ruined his performance.

shaun

Juniors
I like that team. My only change would be to drop Tsolous and maybe give Inu a run. I just dont think we are mobile enough with both Stringer and Tsolous.

Mckinnon
Inu
Tahu if fit (or Inu to start in centres and Hayne or peterson on wing)
Delaney
Grothe
Morris
T Smith
Cayless
Pigsta
Stringer
Hindmarsh
Morrison if fit (if not then Taia)
Mateo

Marcus
Vella or Peek
Widders
Cordoba

Though I cant see Smith blooding too many youngsters whilst we are losing. Think he will look to bring in experience like Wagon, Peek, Vella, Graham

KevinArnold

Juniors
We are looking alot better as a team in round 4 this year than last year. 1 win might say otherwise, but we are really close to clicking on all cylinders.

Utey

Coach
KevinArnold said:
We are looking alot better as a team in round 4 this year than last year. 1 win might say otherwise, but we are really close to clicking on all cylinders.

Much better IMO. Last year we were struggling but winning these games. Last night was a gooood sign of better things to come.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I thought Tim was great last night, I still believe he needs an X factor beside him at 6...maybey next year.

Hurriflatch

Referee
It is still early but in saying that next week is a MUST WIN game.

My team for next week considering that PJ, Benny, Lewis are all out and Morrison isn't due back until after the bye and that Robinson could be suspended

1. Wade McKinnon
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Brett Delaney
4. Kris Inu (Tahu if fit)
5. Eric Grothe
6. Feleti Mateo
7. Tim Smith
8. Justin Tsoulos
9. Mark Riddell
10. Paul Stringer
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Zeb Taia
13. Luke O'Dwyer

14. Marcus Perenara
15. Dean Widders
16. Weller Hauraki
17. Nathan Cayless

Hurriflatch said:
It is still early but in saying that next week is a MUST WIN game.

My team for next week considering that PJ, Benny, Lewis are all out and Morrison isn't due back until after the bye and that Robinson could be suspended

1. Wade McKinnon
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Brett Delaney
4. Kris Inu (Tahu if fit)
5. Eric Grothe
6. Feleti Mateo
7. Tim Smith
8. Justin Tsoulos
9. Mark Riddell
10. Paul Stringer
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Zeb Taia
13. Luke O'Dwyer

14. Marcus Perenara
15. Dean Widders
16. Weller Hauraki
17. Nathan Cayless

U know I would love too see all those Young guys in 1st grade all at once but we have buckleys that they will debut all at once. Inu and Hayne, Taia are freaks but we can't lump them in all in one go and all in the same game. Bring them in slowly starting with Mateo and then Hayne and then Inu.

Kornstar

Coach
Lets face it, there will be noone from the undefeated P/L team to be promoted this week apart from Vella, Peek and Graham.......we know that is the truth!!

Personally i think Taia should be called up first, then Mateo. I only say Taia before Mateo cause Taia is more realistic, O'Dwyer did nothing wrong whilst on the field at lock and we know that Morris will notbe dropped.

The only way Mateo will play will be if Morris goes in 6 and then drops to rotating hooker while Riddell is off and then Mateo comes on and plays 5/8th during that time.

I think though Taia may come in to replace Robinson if he is suspended

eelavation said:
I thought Tim was great last night, I still believe he needs an X factor beside him at 6...maybey next year.

Eela...his ball distribution in the backline was really something....geez he passed the ball well last night....flew like bullets.

the_eel

Juniors
If there is a better up and coming halfback anywhere else in the world i'd love to see him! He is pure class!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Belly in Brisvegas said:
Eela...his ball distribution in the backline was really something....geez he passed the ball well last night....flew like bullets.

no doubt, however how good would he with a decent second reciever? there's a quality half back on 500K out there who's struggling because he can't seem to do everting himself without his mate who went to the roosters.

his name's Brent Sherwin.

Latest posts