What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's Time Taylor Has To Go

Dave Q

Coach
Nice letter Appin, I sent an email similar to that and have never got a reply.

At the end of the day I am not sure that the South Sydney management know how to deal with criticism and avoid responding. They also seem to lack a capacity for communicating with fans.

Thats not my experience.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
By Phil Rothfield and Rebecca Wilson
The Sunday Telegraph
July 12, 2009

NO wonder news of Jason Taylor's downfall at South Sydney is leaking to the media. One senior Rabbitohs official - and it's not Shane Richardson - is telling anyone who cares to listen that he wants to get rid of the coach ASAP.

This guy turned up at a function last week and announced to the whole table he wants Taylor out.

Whether Friday night's win over the Panthers changes things, remains to be seen.

Rabbit On The Menu

HERE'S further confirmation of drama and poor player morale inside the Rabbitohs camp. Co-captain David Kidwell was named 18th man for the game against Wests Tigers last weekend but didn't even bother attending the game at ANZ Stadium.

Instead he enjoyed dinner at Sauce restaurant in Coogee, which is owned by Rodney Churchill, son of Immortal and Rabbitohs icon Clive Churchill.

The Sunday Telegraph
July 12, 2009

NO wonder news of Jason Taylor's downfall at South Sydney is leaking to the media. One senior Rabbitohs official - and it's not Shane Richardson - is telling anyone who cares to listen that he wants to get rid of the coach ASAP.

This guy turned up at a function last week and announced to the whole table he wants Taylor out.

If that one person wasn't Crowe then it means nothing.....he will see JT off - not anyone else. I am not prepared to focus on the coaches shortcomings until seasons end. Until then I will see what he is capable of as far as saving an average season. If he can pick the boys up and squeeze them inside the top eight then he has accomplised something......otherwise they have to lose 6 from 8 for his job to be on the line.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
If he can pick the boys up and squeeze them inside the top eight then he has accomplised something......otherwise they have to lose 6 from 8 for his job to be on the line.

So you think he'll be safe with only three more wins this year?

You're possibly right, but that's not a very high bar being set there.

:(

African Monkey

First Grade
The Sunday Telegraph
July 12, 2009

Whether Friday night's win over the Panthers changes things, remains to be seen.

Rabbit On The Menu

HERE'S further confirmation of drama and poor player morale inside the Rabbitohs camp. Co-captain David Kidwell was named 18th man for the game against Wests Tigers last weekend but didn't even bother attending the game at ANZ Stadium.

Instead he enjoyed dinner at Sauce restaurant in Coogee, which is owned by Rodney Churchill, son of Immortal and Rabbitohs icon Clive Churchill.

Dave Q

Coach
C'mon now why would you read anything written by those two f**ktards ? They are idiots who don't deserve anyones attention.

Who the f&*k are you talking about?!

The only way we will know if JT has the goods is if we ask him to take a holiday and replace him for awhile.

The fact that the same bunch of loners had a good game v the panthers, may lend itself to the fact that they dont have to go missing after all.

That they do have the ability to play good footy. Thats evidenced now.

They won by a large enough score to counter the suggestion that they won because the panthers were understrength. It was more than that. They played well off their own bat. They would have beaten most teams in the NRL with that display (albeit maybe by less).

So ironically, for mine, it kinda works against Taylor because the question has to be asked why they werent up for the rest of the matches in which they capitulated.

Thats one way of looking at it.

If we can repeat that game again and again, well that suggests my theory is on shaky ground.

I would be Ok with that.

I like JT, I dont know if there is a better coach, but if there is, we need to look at him.

The signals still suggest Flanagan.

The shadow lurkers are whispering that there is some weight to that rumour.

Last edited:
Remember..............Flanagan approached the Rabbitohs, not the other way around. The club is not looking for a coach - his job is safe, is it worth carrying on with it? I think not.

So you think he'll be safe with only three more wins this year?

You're possibly right, but that's not a very high bar being set there.

:(

You're right....the bar has been set too low this season, and the coach must of thought he was going to be made to look real good when we were at the top, but he won't be dumped unless the results continue to reflect some serious off-field problems. I will only be somewhat satified if we slip inside the 8, otherwise a failed season. But they re-signed the coach and have some kind of faith in him.....

Ideally I believe we should be 5th and preparing for a big playoff run.....so it's hard to say how Taylor will view the entire season if we finish 10th or 11th. No one else will be impressed.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
Don't get carried away with our 2 wins even though it was great if any other coach would have had us we would have been in the top 4 no risk not fighting for our life to try and get into the eight we would already be there Taylor still has to go!

Dave Q

Coach
But we still won :lol:

Yeah but Appin is one of many who think that chronological time-spent doesnt appear as valuable as "best players on the park el maximum" I am a subscriber to that theory, but the turn around has made JT look good and we have been winning.

Big win tonight, the boys needed this one running into the rounds of death.

Something fundamental has changed.

This is just about the same team that put in those ugly performances when the heat was on.

Things are looking much more promising than a month ago, but geez weve made it tough on ourselves, and the jury is yet to return a verdict.

This is a team that we were told were finals certainties that has had to be bolstered and strapped up. Like a warship with rubber bands keeping the engine going. Blue smoke billowing away, but still afloat and still a firing!

We have to keep the pressure on, we blink once and the dream of finals glory is over.

We keep our heads up and work hard, on our day, lets admit the cold truth that we have the capability to beat any side in this comp. I believe that now more than in the last 20 odd years. Thats because the other sides arent as globally strong as they used to be and we are more powerful across the park. That is attributable to good off-field management and the future is looking even brighter.

Ive heard some quiet whispers about future memberships, things that will please ordinary members immensely. This is the front office performing.

It would be so nice to be crusing in the top three somewhere, oh well, we are Souths.

We win through the crafty jink and the dash, not endurance and the flog!

A few last gasps of air, can we survive?!

One things for certain, following Souths enlivens the spirit, makes the heart beat a bit faster, never a dull moment for the rank and file!

Last edited:

Dogmatix

Juniors
In 2008 Sandow played well for a rookie half and deserved his Rookie of the Year award

In 2009 Sandow has been playing poorly. In 2009 he deserves his Bears jumper

JT will go up in my estimation if he makes the hard decision this week to cut Sandow from the side and put Wing to No 7

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
i think sandow is starting to look over his shoulder for adam reynolds. the young bloke has been going great guns in nyc

Latest posts