What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ivan Cleary Confirmed As New Panthers Coach

charlie frith

Juniors
That's a compelling case you've made for yourself Ivan.

Tell me, what happened with his sacking from the Broncos?
Hatchett job by Gee, White, Lockyer and Bennett(assassinated his character as they knew they couldn't attack his coaching) to allow Bennett back in, but then Benny changed his mind and ran off with Tinklers money ( and private jet). A real honourable man Benny!I wish Russell had have signed Henjak. We need some structure and discipline and someone who encourages local juniors. Broncos average age last year 21-22 and that included old man Lockyer who remember was absent for the last 5 game they lost, plus Hodges out all year.

maple_69

Bench
The Brisbane situation is a really interesting one. I don't think either coach can really take credit for the start Brisbane have made. On Henjak we can't forget he took within 1 game of the GF in 09 and as has been said had an inexperienced side and injuries last year.

Still my hitlist would be
1. Desler (sounds like he still hasn't agreed to a contract extension)
2. Brown (I haven't seen anything that conclusively rules him out yet)
3. Folkes (experienced, premiership winner, focus on discipline, not everybodys best mate..)
4. Stone/Henjak
5. Murray/Stuart/Potter/Simmons/Georgallis/Fitler (do not want).

Either way this needs to be sorted before we play next, and the chosen coach needs to start recruitment proceedings on day one.

Ivan Henjak coached Civoniceva in the mid 90's and they go way back as well.
I don't think Henjak will get a first grade gig any time soon though. Apart from being sacked the way it was disgracefully done by the Bronco's made him unemployable.

Fibroman

First Grade
Ivan Henjak coached Civoniceva in the mid 90's and they go way back as well.
I don't think Henjak will get a first grade gig any time soon though. Apart from being sacked the way it was disgracefully done by the Bronco's made him unemployable.

Henjak isn't as media friendly as some of the other coaches either. The modern day NRL coach is virtually a media front man for the club.

franklin2323

Immortal
$1.10. We are fast running out of time and the canidates are falling away. Georgallis is no better than Elliott, we would have the same tactics, structure as we have now given he's an assistant

Bob

Juniors
I don't have a problem with Stuart
At least he shows a bit of passion when he's coaching

anjado

Juniors
I don't have a problem with Stuart
At least he shows a bit of passion when he's coaching

Pity he doesn't show ability or game plans.

I seriously hate Ricky Stuart he was a poor coach at Cronulla. Give it to someone new i rather have an assistant from another club. We should be looking at every option over Stuart.

franklin2323

Immortal
Stuart won't come to Penrith. Even if he wanted to coach NRL again. He wouldn't do it before SOO has even kicked off, atleast 3 weeks given they want be re-elected in Nov they delay is hurting that prospect .

Given they don't even want to talk to Brown we will get Georgallis. How much imput does he have in the running of the team now?? I fear he will be no better then Elliott.

anjado

Juniors
Georgallis is the cheap option. Really anyone would be better then him or Stuart and i mean anyone Graham Murray would be better then Georgallis.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Penrith Panthers have officially installed NSW Origin coach Ricky Stuart as their top priority to coach the club from next season.
Panthers directors desperately want Stuart after West Tigers coach Tim Sheens rejected their lucrative offer last week.
Well-placed sources inside the Panthers' front office say Stuart is the man to lead Penrith for the next three years. The offer would be worth about $1.5 million.
But does Stuart want to coach Penrith?
He has been recommended to the club by some heavy-hitters, one of which is said to be former Penrith premiership-winning coach Phil Gould.
A former NRL premiership winning coach with the Sydney Roosters, NSW coach Stuart arrived in Albury yesterday to watch this evening's match between City and Country.
The match will give Stuart a fair indication of which players are ready for selection in his Blues side for State of Origin I in Brisbane on May 25.
A Panthers source has said: "Stuart is now our No. 1 candidate. One hundred per cent.
"The board was keen on Sheens but he has stayed.
"Ricky is now our man."
However, one obstacle may be the financial issues at Penrith.
Gun-shy after his stint with cash-strapped Cronulla, Stuart may baulk at joining a club with limited resources.
Stuart, who has expressed a keen desire to return to NRL coaching, was not commenting yesterday, while his manager John Fordham denied Penrith had made contact.

LINK

maple_69

Bench
A week ago I was very optimistic about Penrith's next 3 years.
One thing is for sure, we'll continue to leak halfback's under Stuart. Seijka will get a go and be dumped within a season and sign with Parramatta.